• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

WWAW with jazz?

Rutherford_b_Blaze

Massachusetts State Senator
Degenerate nigger noise or enjoyable music? Recently I've been enjoying some Miles Davis, John Coltrane and Wayne Shorter. I like music without lyrics and classical doesn't always do it for me. I'm kind of embarrassed to say I enjoy Jazz at all though because everyone seems to hate it. I like instrumental rock a lot too (WWAW Mogwai?) but a lot of it is too depressing for my current mental state. Ok I'm rambling now, punching out.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
How can you not like Jazz, especially when there's virtually a sub genre of it for everyone.

You dig soul? Coltrane and Davis. You want a steady, modern, catchy beat? Jamiroquai. You want something more experimental? Weather Report, Brand X.

You're a fucking philistine if you hate Jazz.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I like Dave Brubeck or whatever his name is and some classic jazz but modern jazz is trash and stuff like John Zorn avante-garde style is Yoko Ono levels of dogshit that people pretend to enjoy. Jazz Fusion is better than all of that.

Feehan's Fart Box

DEAD HEAT! You die, you come back to rife!
Not my favorite genre, but I can listen to it sometimes. I tend to like fusion the best. Weather Report is listenable.

Chris Kattan played a mean bass.

bumbum8

It died on the vine
It all sounded like someone throwing instruments down the stairs when I was a kid, I hated watching Cowboy Bebop because of it. Now for some reason I don't mind it as much. In the right circumstances you can really enjoy it.