Wwaw therapy?

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
I'm for therapy, but for the right reasons.

Some people do suffer from mental issues, and proper psychiatric help is beneficial. For those worse off, I don't even fault the use of medication (though I do agree it's not the solution for everyone), if it means functioning and even thriving. There are people who do need that in varying degrees.

But your average Joe :image_9247_m: probably doesn't need a long term solution. Some, if they hit a wall of some kind, would benefit short term and then go on their way. I've never admitted this publicly, even to her, but when my ex Tyla and I divorced, I did see a psychologist for a short time to figure out how to process the loss in a healthy way. And I'll admit it, it was a massive help, and I credit it to why I've been able to make it work with Gosia all these years. But it was only several months, weekly sessions, and once I felt I was past that point, I thanked my psychologist and told her I was ok to move on.

At some points in your life, I think it's ok to look for that kind of help. But I would never do it long term, or life-long. Someone here said how David Lynch looked into therapy, and he asked the therapist if it would affect his creative thinking. The therapist admitted it very well could, so David didn't pursue it. I can see how that is, and unless I fell in a FAWKIN pit of despair, I wouldn't want to risk losing that, either.

bombvest

they write up or add to their nice little psych report on you every time you go. it's just like scientology has their auditing sessions. you know, to help you 'feel better.' all of it can and will be used against you.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
I was able to get it for completely free so I said fuck it why not. Over 2 sessions she just confirmed everything I already know which is Im completely fine and just need to get the hell out of here in order to be happy again.

If you’re as introspective as regular posters here tend to be, the therapist isnt going to tell you anything you dont already know. It does feel good to get things off your chest, but isnt that what we do here?

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
I'm for therapy, but for the right reasons.

Some people do suffer from mental issues, and proper psychiatric help is beneficial. For those worse off, I don't even fault the use of medication (though I do agree it's not the solution for everyone), if it means functioning and even thriving. There are people who do need that in varying degrees.

But your average Joe :image_9247_m: probably doesn't need a long term solution. Some, if they hit a wall of some kind, would benefit short term and then go on their way. I've never admitted this publicly, even to her, but when my ex Tyla and I divorced, I did see a psychologist for a short time to figure out how to process the loss in a healthy way. And I'll admit it, it was a massive help, and I credit it to why I've been able to make it work with Gosia all these years. But it was only several months, weekly sessions, and once I felt I was past that point, I thanked my psychologist and told her I was ok to move on.

At some points in your life, I think it's ok to look for that kind of help. But I would never do it long term, or life-long. Someone here said how David Lynch looked into therapy, and he asked the therapist if it would affect his creative thinking. The therapist admitted it very well could, so David didn't pursue it. I can see how that is, and unless I fell in a FAWKIN pit of despair, I wouldn't want to risk losing that, either.
this is an amazing post in content, and composition.

Proper punctuation use (from what I can tell), and absent of Run-on sentences.

EDIT: you can tear me apart on my shitty punctuation use, et al....I'm still learning, but this nigga's comma game is tight yo

G

I've never really understood how it could possibly help.
It's masturbation for neurotics and navel gazers.

Where I come from it's considered basically sinful to complain about your lot in life. "How are you" isn't really a question. "Not bad" or "fine thanks" are the only acceptable answers. I don't want to hear how badly things are going for you. Nor do I want to hear "I'm great!" No you're not. We've all got problems. Deal with them and don't tell me about them, I would never dream of inflicting you with mine. Therapy is (outside of people with actual serious mental illness) a scam to take money from the kind of wanker who will start unloading all their problems on you when you just asked how was their weekend.