WWAW The Warriors?

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
MV5BYTU2MWRiMTMtYzAzZi00NGYzLTlkMDEtNWQ3MzZlNTJlNzZkL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc1NTYyMj...jpg

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
Gay as Fuck. But still a cult classic and one of my favorite movies. Walter Hill went on to direct 48 Hours and there were a lot of similar elements here. The book was written by an NYC social worker who adapted "Anabasis" by the ancient Greek historian Xenophon and set it in his work world.
I've probably watched The Warrior more times than any film. Saw it at a drive-in with my parents in the late 70s. Rented it a ridiculous amount of times in the 80s. Bought the VHS in the 90s. Own several DVD versions of it today.
I like The Warriors, a lot.

Also great movie for NY scene misdirection: The initial gang powwow in Van Courtland Park the Bronx was clearly filmed at Riverside Park in Manhattan. The "96th" St train station was a rebadged Hoyt Schermerhorn (96th st is tiny compared to the station they filmed in), and when they emerged from the 96th st station, they were clearly standing on 72nd st.

Just found a deep dive into it: http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/production/filming-locations

O-BLOCK NIGGA!

Ask me about my cock size
Also great movie for NY scene misdirection: The initial gang powwow in Van Courtland Park the Bronx was clearly filmed at Riverside Park in Manhattan. The "96th" St train station was a rebadged Hoyt Schermerhorn (96th st is tiny compared to the station they filmed in), and when they emerged from the 96th st station, they were clearly standing on 72nd st.

Just found a deep dive into it: http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/production/filming-locations
That Hoyt-Schermerhorn train is (apparently) the train that NYC pimps out for film shoots. When you're commuting around NYC, you can even see the closed-down platform at the HS stop, that they dust off and repurpose for the production crew when it's time to shoot something. My boy was a BG for the Joker film; they used that platform and an old MTA train, for the chase scene between Phoenix and the detectives.

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Drove through SF during the "Bay to Breakers" marathon many years ago. It's like a live-action version of this, but none of them are there to fight. Group of guys in tutus on one corner, matching gimps on another, and I swear I saw a pack of Baseball Fairies.

edit to add: Movie and game rule, fucking fantastic soundtracks.

fenrir

Holding hands in a circle of N-words
It's one of the few cases where the director's cut is worse than the theatrical release. In the "Ultimate Director's Cut" DVD, Walter Hill put in these gay looking comic book interstitials that take away what little grittiness a movie with roving gangs of baseball fags can have:

G

Just found a deep dive into it: [URL]http://warriorsmovie.co.uk/production/filming-locations[/URL]
Any particular reason that is an actual thing?