WWAW the vegetables

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Had a work trip last week in the UK and Jesus, those pigs hardly eat any sort of green vegetable. Mushy peas and boiled to shit broccoli and carrots. Very Patrick-like.

Nice cooking the shit out of the vegetables, stupids.

Any of the brothamen here regularly eat raw vegetables / pan fried ones / grilled? Probably one of my favorite things to eat with dinner because you can eat a ton of them and as long as you don’t cover them in goyslop dressing, you’ll be fine.

A homemade salad slaps, children.

Build Black Better

Just say no to crack but yes to parmesan
Onions are the only raw vegetable that I like. Diced yellow onions (or pico de gallo) on Tostitos or Triscuit Thin Crisps. I could go through a whole fawkin box, and it's great for keeping people away from me when I'm feeling antisocial. Grilled zucchini and yellow squash are PFG, and pretty much any kind of vegetable soup or stew. Corn chowder is the best soup, and that's the only reason I go to Panera. They almost always have it.

Jenna

I'm the girl u needed in Jr. High
Peppers (red > orange = yellow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> green), onions, and portobello mushrooms. People tell me mushrooms aren't a vegetable, then why are they in the produce department you fuckheads?

Chop everything up and grill it with a protein (usually chicken) then serve however you like. The peppers are the star. Best tasting "healthy" food there is.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Peppers (red > orange = yellow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> green), onions, and portobello mushrooms. People tell me mushrooms aren't a vegetable, then why are they in the produce department you fuckheads?

Chop everything up and grill it with a protein (usually chicken) then serve however you like. The peppers are the star. Best tasting "healthy" food there is.
Fawk that sounds good

Steamers arrived in the UK about 25 years ago. I don't know anyone who boils vegetables anymore. Maybe in the really bad post-industrial northern cities. Show them an electric steamer and they'll probably make you king.

I like bok choy steamed with a splash of vinegar and soy sauce. Also, roast pepper slices in oil, salt and a bit of chilli powder is a simple classic.

Build Black Better

Just say no to crack but yes to parmesan

You just reminded me that red sweet peppers > green. I love Philly cheesesteaks, but I can't seem to find those red motherfuckers at any cheesesteak shop outside of the Philly area. Jersey Mike's has them, but they charge 18 fucking dollars. I don't love 'em that much. Are those little chunks of shit really that valuable compared to green? Maybe those dago Philly mafia wops are hoarding them all to inflate their value as part of their criminal empire.

Jenna

I'm the girl u needed in Jr. High
You just reminded me that red sweet peppers > green. I love Philly cheesesteaks, but I can't seem to find those red motherfuckers at any cheesesteak shop outside of the Philly area. Jersey Mike's has them, but they charge 18 fucking dollars. I don't love 'em that much. Are those little chunks of shit really that valuable compared to green? Maybe those dago Philly mafia wops are hoarding them all to inflate their value as part of their criminal empire.

Green are fucking poverty peppers, that's why. Pick em off the vine early and sell them to Dominos and Subway. You need to let the pepper mature naturally, but fast food places buy in bulk and go for the most cost-effective option. For home cooking, always pay the extra 20 cents and get a nice juicy red from the market.