WWAW Sports video games being terrible?

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
I cannot for the life of me understand the people that buy Madden every year, complain about all of the bugs and the removed features, and then do it all over again next year. The game is boring as shit and looked better 15 years ago than it does currently.

The last sports game that was worth anything was MVP Baseball 2004/2005
MVP was great. I enjoyed All Star Baseball. The game had so many features. classic stadiums, future stadiums, legends players even the negro league players.

O&AWOWSTICKERSTOP!

🌎=🏳️‍🌈
I cannot for the life of me understand the people that buy Madden every year, complain about all of the bugs and the removed features, and then do it all over again next year. The game is boring as shit and looked better 15 years ago than it does currently.

The last sports game that was worth anything was MVP Baseball 2004/2005
I still play MVP 2005 to this day.

G

Super mega baseball 2 is a current baseball game that’s fun. It looks cartoonish but it play pretty gud, like an updated version of an old school game like RBI baseball. It’s got down decent strategy management type shit you do for your team too.

G

If I had MVP I'd play it. I play MLB 2k12.

College Hoops 2k7, 2k8 was a great game. Really in depth, challenging career modes.

It really sucks how what's good and creative is replaced with what's profitable (maaaaaAAAAAAAAANNN)

Monk

Thing I hate is how scripted most sports games feel these days. They never used to feel like that until games started having the dumb ultimate team derivatives. Worst thing to ever happen to sports games is the ultimate team type shit.

I've been playing a ton of MyPlayer lately on NBA 2K. I'll probably pick up 2K23 after hearing they're going to put the Jordan Challenge back in. I also play a bit of the MyLeague mode. There's an option to draft instead of using current rosters and you can also choose to include all the historic players. Funny seeing shit like Larry Bird play for the Pistons and Pistol Pete playing for the Lakers.

Super mega baseball 2 is a current baseball game that’s fun. It looks cartoonish but it play pretty gud, like an updated version of an old school game like RBI baseball. It’s got down decent strategy management type shit you do for your team too.
I have that on PC and it's pretty good. Downloaded a patch that adds MLB teams/rosters. Was pissed when I threw a no-hitter with Dylan Cease and it didn't count because you have to do it with default rosters.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Surprised nobodys mentioned Blitz the League. You literally injected roids into your players ass when they got hurt and sent them back in. It ruled
That was LT’s game, right? I remember ESPN tried to make an NFL game in like 2004 or 2005 (think it had Terrell Owens on the cover) and only had 1 due to poor sales and NFL being a pain to work with since they pretty much only give their rights to Madden. Kinda sucks since Madden is the only NFL game they don’t have to try since they don’t have competition.

G

Fawkin college football 98 with Washington state and Ryan leaf.

Basically if your team had a QB with a deep voice you were going to butt fuck the opposition.

Tecmo bowl and baseball stars played pretty good too.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I enjoyed that and NBA Jam. Its a shame they havent done updated versions by now.
There’s a pretty good documentary called “Insert Coin” about the Midway games - the makers of NBA Jam and other big 90s games like Mortal Kombat. They said NBA wasn’t sure about giving the ok to an arcade game because they thought arcade games were in “bad parts of town”

Joe Eyed Cow

An actual fat guy
The UFC games are total shit.

As a kid I loved Madden but I fell out of it. Tried one again from 2020 on the advice of a friend and it was worse than I remember.

The best ones seem to be MLB The Show, NBA2K and FIFA. If you like the franchise mode stuff only then Football Manager is good if you like soccer. Some soccer fans claim PES has better gameplay than FIFA but I haven’t tried it.

I still like the FORZA series for racing. The F1 series kind of stinks imo. Golf lost it’s lustre after they stopped having Tiger as the title athlete.

The best sports game no longer around for me is Fight Night boxing. Loved it but the boxing gamer market is probably nil nowadays with it being more if a boomer sport.
Fight night round 4 is the goat

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Fight night round 4 is the goat

Nah, NHL Hitz Pro. One of the very few more modern games I enjoyed playing.

Turn it into arcade mode, no rules (this is because Pro was supposed to be more simulation, same with the other sports they did at the time like Blitz), and the game is great. Leaving it in simulation would make you rather piss blood.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
That was LT’s game, right? I remember ESPN tried to make an NFL game in like 2004 or 2005 (think it had Terrell Owens on the cover) and only had 1 due to poor sales and NFL being a pain to work with since they pretty much only give their rights to Madden. Kinda sucks since Madden is the only NFL game they don’t have to try since they don’t have competition.
That game with T.O. on the cover has since become regarded as better than anything Maddens put out since

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
That game with T.O. on the cover has since become regarded as better than anything Maddens put out since
Yeah I remember it not being that bad, I know I got it cheap used and was surprised it wasn’t bad for 10 or 15 bucks. ESPN is probably the only name that could compete with something like Madden. I think it was too expensive to try so they just gave up and now Madden knows nobody will try to compete.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
Yeah I remember it not being that bad, I know I got it cheap used and was surprised it wasn’t bad for 10 or 15 bucks. ESPN is probably the only name that could compete with something like Madden. I think it was too expensive to try so they just gave up and now Madden knows nobody will try to compete.
Its like the little doggy company

The UFC games are total shit.

As a kid I loved Madden but I fell out of it. Tried one again from 2020 on the advice of a friend and it was worse than I remember.

The best ones seem to be MLB The Show, NBA2K and FIFA. If you like the franchise mode stuff only then Football Manager is good if you like soccer. Some soccer fans claim PES has better gameplay than FIFA but I haven’t tried it.

I still like the FORZA series for racing. The F1 series kind of stinks imo. Golf lost it’s lustre after they stopped having Tiger as the title athlete.

The best sports game no longer around for me is Fight Night boxing. Loved it but the boxing gamer market is probably nil nowadays with it being more if a boomer sport.
FIFA is absolutely atrocious and I am glad they're losing their license. FIFA generates EA billions of dollars each year and it is the same terrible gameplay with the same old ass pay to win model.