WWAW overrated movies

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Casualties of War is the best authentic Vietnam film. And it's based on a verified story. Platoon is just imaginary nonsense but goes into 'tried too hard' territory. A similar film from another war is Jarhead.

And stuff like Full Metal Jacket or Apocalypse Now are obviously meant to be historical fiction and cinema like The Godfather. Great films but obviously not shooting for realism. They almost had Vincent Dononfrio play Animal Mother like how in the books Private Pyle gets resurrected but it was too ridiculous.
Sean Penn might be a faggot but he knew what to do to get Michael J Fox to react properly while filming
IMG_9035.jpeg

HeyItsVos

platoon. I've seen people argue that it's better than apocalypse now, which I would debate is the greatest film ever made, and I genuinely don't understand how. I was actually shocked by just how 'okay' the movie was, given that I've always seen it championed as an all time
Saw Platoon for the first time a few months ago. I enjoyed it, but it definitely didn’t live up to the hype. I also think the DaFoe death scene was corny. Better to just have him taken out quietly and alone than all the dramatics.

Platoon is just imaginary nonsense but goes into 'tried too hard' territory.

That really sums it up.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Jaws. The Indianapolis speech and the last 15 minutes are good. The rest is a glorified TV movie-of-the-week.
The Reef and Open Water are far better shark movies. Based on real stories and mostly just brutal. The special effects in Jaws now are just corny. The scene where the shark eats Quint is just goofy looking. It almost looks like a parody scene out of something like Scary Movie. If the guys that made Scary Movie made a Jaws parody they could just get the original mechanical shark and use it without modifying it because of how silly it is.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
The Reef and Open Water are far better shark movies. Based on real stories and mostly just brutal. The special effects in Jaws now are just corny. The scene where the shark eats Quint is just goofy looking. It almost looks like a parody scene out of something like Scary Movie. If the guys that made Scary Movie made a Jaws parody they could just get the original mechanical shark and use it without modifying it because of how silly it is.
Open Water was great.

G

Deep Blue Sea was more entertaining than Jaws

Imager

Making fun of women is my bit
Open Water was great.
I still think about Open Water from time to time. Just searched it and saw it's IMDB user rating was low.

I seriously can't imagine that happening to me. Just floating around, hoping to not die while also hoping that dumb islanders will realize their mistake quickly.