WWAW Louie's new movie looking pretty gay

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
I've heard Joe List talking about this on several podcasts and it always sounded like he wrote and directed this and Louie was the producer. It's literally about his life.

I like Joe List but holy fuck I'm sick of comedians having pretty nice normal families and minor drinking problems and talking about them like they grew up getting the shit kicked out of them daily.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
People are going easy on it in this thread but I have to say that trailer looks fucking awful, I tapped out when the ukulele music started playing.
Also not a laugh to be had in the whole thing. Just corny shit like "your parents know how to push all your buttons. Hell, they installed them." I'm sure that's a line that Joe (who actually wrote the movie) was super proud of. "Feel sorry for me because I sometimes have to spend time with my loving family who likes having fun."

Seriously though, why does Louie get the writing credit when Joe very obviously wrote the goddamned thing? The movie is about Joe List. He's playing himself. His wife is playing his wife in the movie.

G

Also not a laugh to be had in the whole thing. Just corny shit like "your parents know how to push all your buttons. Hell, they installed them." I'm sure that's a line that Joe (who actually wrote the movie) was super proud of. "Feel sorry for me because I sometimes have to spend time with my loving family who likes having fun."
Blobby Kelly: "When am I gonna be like that?"
Joe: "Successful?" (Or whatever he said)
Blobby: "No, where everything I say is like a bumper sticker". Or some fucking unfunny thing. Fucking so bad.

Stent

black suit and a smile
People are going easy on it in this thread but I have to say that trailer looks fucking awful, I tapped out when the ukulele music started playing.
It hits every cliche of the genre but it doesn't seem intentional for the sake of comedy. I hope there's a lot of talk about being in recovery because that's always a real knee slapper.

Also not a laugh to be had in the whole thing.
He's a fish out of water in his own family! You can't make this stuff up... but somehow they did!

Louis CK has renewed my enthusiasm for seeing his career getting shit on all over again.

edit: nice headline, stupid

Fresh Off Grammy Win, Admitted Sexual Harasser Louis C.K. Is Trying to Find Theaters for New Movie​

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
I can't even watch the trailer, everything about the still image makes me want to decapitate.