WWAW getting laid off?

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I got laid off once years ago and it sucked. Had to go on unemployment and all and I felt like such a piece of shit doing so. Not having a routine and a place to be really messed with my head. Luckily I wasn’t out of work for long but I have no idea how bums like Pat, Shane, Jackie, and pretty much everyone in the Pat pack can lay around not working for years without wanting to kill themselves.

Imager

Gen Z Boss And A Mini
I got laid off once years ago and it sucked. Had to go on unemployment and all and I felt like such a piece of shit doing so. Not having a routine and a place to be really messed with my head. Luckily I wasn’t out of work for long but I have no idea how bums like Pat, Shane, Jackie, and pretty much everyone in the Pat pack can lay around not working for years without wanting to kill themselves.
They never worked traditional jobs to begin with is why.

To OP: you're getting a month of free pay to dick around. So use that time wisely.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
I'm not as worried about finding another job. Like I said, they will be giving us a chance to transfer to this new company which I'll use as a last resort. I have connections/friends in a few different industries who can hook me up with jobs, mostly just having to find and negotiate with a place who will pay what I was making now and getting new benefits and all that shit. I had my job set him so I worked mostly from home and was able to have a super flexible schedule which is what really blows.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I'm not as worried about finding another job. Like I said, they will be giving us a chance to transfer to this new company which I'll use as a last resort. I have connections/friends in a few different industries who can hook me up with jobs, mostly just having to find and negotiate with a place who will pay what I was making now and getting new benefits and all that shit. I had my job set him so I worked mostly from home and was able to have a super flexible schedule which is what really blows.
Well that’s good you have some options but it sucks you won’t have your previous flexible schedule. I had something similar a couple years ago where my department was 100% moving to Texas (we were 50/50 with the location I was and Texas) and they would have given me the same job in Texas but i didn’t want to pack up and move to Texas so I had a couple months to find another position at my company which was stressful at first (since I only had so much time) but I ended up in a better position for more money that lead me to where I am now which is an even better role that’s low stress. Best of luck, buddy.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
They never worked traditional jobs to begin with is why.

To OP: you're getting a month of free pay to dick around. So use that time wisely.
Yeah that part is major to why they see nothing wrong with doing nothing all day and having other people having to pay for you. When I had to do unemployment it’s disgusting how much scams are going on and they pretty much tell you how to work the system. You just have to say you’re looking for work without showing any kind of proof so you got lots of people like the Pat pack bums claiming they’re “looking” while tweeting all day.

Well that’s good you have some options but it sucks you won’t have your previous flexible schedule. I had something similar a couple years ago where my department was 100% moving to Texas (we were 50/50 with the location I was and Texas) and they would have given me the same job in Texas but i didn’t want to pack up and move to Texas so I had a couple months to find another position at my company which was stressful at first (since I only had so much time) but I ended up in a better position for more money that lead me to where I am now which is an even better role that’s low stress. Best of luck, buddy.
Say Texas again

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
I was laid off for almost 3 months this winter with the union. Having the work week routine is what keeps me on the straight and narrow and feeling healthy. Without work I quickly devolve into alcoholism, and just feeling empty. Now Im back working and Im feeling like myself again, punching out my rearview mirror while screaming imaginary arguments at my father who abused me

NoBacon

The gunslinger.

Working from home is being removed from most places, and it’s a cheap way to lay off people without paying severance. “I’ll show them, I’ll threaten to quit if they force me back!” When it’s the entire point lol.

If they give you an option to transfer it will be at stupid hours / pay / distance to commute daily and be another way to fire you without paying you out, since you turned down the offer.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Working from home is being removed from most places, and it’s a cheap way to lay off people without paying severance. “I’ll show them, I’ll threaten to quit if they force me back!” When it’s the entire point lol.

If they give you an option to transfer it will be at stupid hours / pay / distance to commute daily and be another way to fire you without paying you out, since you turned down the offer.
The company that bought us out while I believe pays more has a reputation for being terrible to work for. Shitty management and even though you get paid more, probably still not getting paid enough for as big as a work load. I haven't even seen what they will be offering us yet, but on the bright side at least we are getting severance.

quasi101

the $83,736.99 fugitive
The company that bought us out while I believe pays more has a reputation for being terrible to work for. Shitty management and even though you get paid more, probably still not getting paid enough for as big as a work load. I haven't even seen what they will be offering us yet, but on the bright side at least we are getting severance.
if you don't have something lined up, then I would play nice with the new company while looking for a new job. Then get the fuck out of there. Its never worth the money.

I have huge respect for people who can't lounge around and grift. I personally passed that rubicon a few years ago. It would probably feel a little gross day-to-day after a while, but at the same time why contribute to this fake and gay nation?

Actually who the fuck am I kidding if I didn't work I'd have liver failure by summer tbh.