WWAW Final Fantasy 16?

MonsterSteve

Age.
By far the best FInal Fantasy game I've ever played. None of that Japanese gay faggot drama. No high pitch anime voices. No awful english voice acting. No cheesy MOMS ARE TOUGH meme voice lines. It's the most mature FF game I've ever played and it looks like YoshiP is just a more 'Western' video game fan than the Japanese shit of the 90's. It's pretty much Game of Thrones with a Final Fantasy twist. So far I'm only like 5 hours in but it's fantastic. Compare that to Final Fantasy 15 or Remake which I had to force myself to get through because while Remake was cool as a kid, when you're grown up the story is just so damn cheesy. TLDR: Buy it if you're a fan of more mature RPG's and you like Game of Thrones.

TehSamurai

I want to play it, but I read that half of the main story's playtime is cutscenes. Hopefully, the side quests are good (the only reason to play XV was the hunts).

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I haven't finished it yet but the stuff outside of story dungeons/areas really fucking drags and just makes me want to skip it to get to the next big boss fight. I wont spoil it but there is one boss fight that's 35 minutes and I just want more crazy shit like that. I think it suffers by not just being all story missions since the side stuff is a snooze fest and the hunts are nothing special. Definitely the best one since XII but not as good as XII.

MonsterSteve

Age.
I haven't finished it yet but the stuff outside of story dungeons/areas really fucking drags and just makes me want to skip it to get to the next big boss fight. I wont spoil it but there is one boss fight that's 35 minutes and I just want more crazy shit like that. I think it suffers by not just being all story missions since the side stuff is a snooze fest and the hunts are nothing special. Definitely the best one since XII but not as good as XII.
Quick question does it open up or is it ff13 linear the entire game? I’m okay with linear, I just want to be prepared for it. Overall how do you like it compared to previous FF games?

MonsterSteve

Age.
I want to play it, but I read that half of the main story's playtime is cutscenes. Hopefully, the side quests are good (the only reason to play XV was the hunts).
It’s very very very story heavy. To me that’s not a bad thing but when they do let you loose to fight, the combat is fun. They got the combat director from Devil May Cry so it’s actually good this time. Combat in FF15 and Remake looked pretty but was not fun.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Quick question does it open up or is it ff13 linear the entire game? I’m okay with linear, I just want to be prepared for it. Overall how do you like it compared to previous FF games?
It opens up but there is really no need to explore at all. I would say it's not as good as XII (which is in my top 3 along with VI and IX) but still enjoyable. The story really drags (I think I'm nearing the final act) on the second act and I just started to lose interest in all of the characters because it tries so hard to be dark/game of thrones it loses that fun "let's go on an adventure" aspect that all the others had in some way. Boss battles really make up for all it's short comings but I don't see myself playing it more than once.