WWAW David Lynchs Inland Empire?

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Its the one Lynch film I've never seen. Someone uploaded it on YouTube, but I've put off watching it since it's 3 hours and I've heard even Lynch fans say it's too out there even by his standards. Is it worth the 3 hour runtime?

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
It's good but definitely one of his weaker works. I need to rewatch it but I'm waiting for the new print that's in theaters now. It not being shot on film I wasn't a fan of at all.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
It was the first David Lynch movie I saw aside from Eraserhead and it's the reason I think I'm too stupid to get David Lynch films. It's also shot on a fucking cell phone or some shit so it looks weird.

1073waaf

The ONLY station that REALLY ROCKS!
I watched it once and found it very unmemorable. It came off as a diet Mulholland Drive. I do think Laura Dern is sexy though.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
If you don't like weird stuff you should watch The Straight Story. His only G rated movie and it will make you cry like a faggot if you have any ounce of a heart.
I seen the trailer and it made me feel emotions. I will watch it

1073waaf

The ONLY station that REALLY ROCKS!
I think that and Lost Highway are just overshadowed by how good Mulholland Drive was. Lost Highway is better than Inland though.
I like Lost Highway a lot. Arguably Jim Norton’s best movie appearance.
1654306722126.jpeg

G

It's what Norton would call "a tough one, man." I found it much better on repeated viewings, to the point where I think it almost requires being seen at least twice. The stories are dense, and there are scenes that needed editing. I definitely think it needs to be roughly 30 min shorter. Being shot on a shittty camera is off-putting. Laura Dern is goddamn amazing in it. It's definitely in my bottom half of Lynch movies, but I'd still take it over 99% of anything else.

G

Did someone really upload it to YouTube? I can only find a 1 and a half hour version.

This is the only scene I've seen from it:

[MEDIA=youtube]9EXoayAVGJc[/MEDIA]

Reminds me of a fever dream. Not sure I could sit through 3 hours of that.

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
It's one of those that are supposed to be experienced rather than understood. His decision to do his own cinematography and editing really hurts it for me. His frequent collaborators are a big part of why his ideas translate to the screen and this feels more like someone videoed the actors rehearsing rather than a finished product. I'd recommend it if you're a big Lynch guy and there's certainly some value to it but it's definitely more a completionist type of thing.

G

It's one of those that are supposed to be experienced rather than understood. His decision to do his own cinematography and editing really hurts it for me. His frequent collaborators are a big part of why his ideas translate to the screen and this feels more like someone videoed the actors rehearsing rather than a finished product. I'd recommend it if you're a big Lynch guy and there's certainly some value to it but it's definitely more a completionist type of thing.
Definitely. Mary Sweeney was assistant editor on Blue Velvet and Wild At Heart, then main editor on Fire Walk With Me, Lost Highway, Straight Story and Mulholland Drive. She deserves a ton of credit for what she's done. A good editor is just as crucial as writing, directing and acting.

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
Definitely. Mary Sweeney was assistant editor on Blue Velvet and Wild At Heart, then main editor on Fire Walk With Me, Lost Highway, Straight Story and Mulholland Drive. She deserves a ton of credit for what she's done. A good editor is just as crucial as writing, directing and acting.
Exactly.