WWAW da Boardwalk Empire

i think the show should have focused on Van Alden. Idealistic, devout young agent sent in to clean up Atlantic City and he slowly gets devoured by the corruption and lifestyle. They could have slow-played his arc and put boring characters (like Buscemi, MacDonald, Gretchen Moll) in the background. Van Alden chasing the young, rising Darmody and Capone as he learns bigger fish (Buscemi, the politicians) are the straws stirring the drink.

I love Buscemi but he was miscast as the lead here. Nucky was just fucking boring and unlikeable imo.
His character annoyed the hell out of me in this one, never made it through the first season. I was just about to say buscemi can’t carry a show, but he’s great in smaller rolls.
FJgmXmkJyXrbEwgCwfjcaa-1200-80.jpg

DickShawNitrate

Fuck..Can you say Fuck
Overall decent. Rosetti was great, and that fucking iron salesman losing his shit was fantastic.

Also, anyone who wants to see Paz de la Huerta's cunt has major problems. I know the Irish lady sucked,
But I wanted to buttfuck her over a washing board.

Former Prez Gerald Ford

Come over and we’ll have nachos. And some beer.
Good show, but I knew by Season 3 it was running out of steam when they introduced that cartoon wop Gyp Rosetti. Season 5 is underrated tho.
He was pretty over the top. And then Richard “half a hulk face” Harrow coming through and BTFOing an entire house full of Gyp’s armed ginzos was a bit of a stretch for me. As soon as he stepped through the door they were like “halp what do we do? How do guns work? Do I stick the bullets up my ass and fire them out my mouth?”

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Your post nailed Boardwalk Empire, but the Wire's expansion beyond a cop show was its biggest strength.
It only worked when they expanded and yet still focused on police work. The docks in season two are not some massive new primary focus. They are the background for another case. A case that ends up tying into the heroin from season one. It was all connected. In the last three seasons the show clearly just wanted to be a mouthpiece for politics and schools and the media rather than an objective observer. The some became preachy and not about police work or the plot. Characters would just blurt out liberal ideology to the audience that had nothing to do with the plot.

The stuff with the schools was awful. Those kids spoke like 60-year-old jews and not 13-year-old ghetto niggers. And season five with the media was even worse. The White media member who fakes the serial killer was based on real life liars who were all niggers or kikes or women. He was based off of Janet Cooke, Stephen Glass, and Jayson Blair. None of them were White. And those liars in the news had the backings of their entire newspaper from top to bottom. The fake 'Gus' character who magically knows that Scott is lying does not exist in real life. In real life Stephen Glass was not outed for being a liar by his own people it was by online reporters who immediately knew reading his Hack Heaven piece that it was a hoax.

Want to watch a good portrayal of a media liar? Watch the movie Shattered Glass. That was a realistic look at someone who was making up all of his stories. Or even watch Nightcrawler about how manipulative the media is and how they manufacture stories. But The Wire's storylines with the media and the school were just silly and ridiculous.

Cancerfuck

The floor is lava, dude.
He was pretty over the top. And then Richard “half a hulk face” Harrow coming through and BTFOing an entire house full of Gyp’s armed ginzos was a bit of a stretch for me. As soon as he stepped through the door they were like “halp what do we do? How do guns work? Do I stick the bullets up my ass and fire them out my mouth?”
Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous. I can buy that Harrow would be capable of 420 no scoping a bunch of Italian goons, but their reaction time to it was unrealistic. They literally had some guy walking behind him, holding out a gun and not pulling the trigger.