WWAW being in a relationship for decades

I don't believe you can love a person forever so any couple that are together are partly doing it because it's the norm and easy. I have changed in ten years maybe even 5 and I will change again so how do you stay in love with a ever changing person?

Anyway I drunkenly told my best mates wife that I think they have both settled for domestic drudgery when she asked me if I am ever going to settle down with someone and now she's mad ( because I am right)

G

I believe you can love a person forever. Obviously there's a difference between that "wildly in love" phase in the first few months or years of a relationship and the feelings people have for each other after 10, 20, 30 + years of a relationship. Like you say, people change, so it stands to reason that their feelings for each other do to. As long as there's love, friendship, mutual physical attraction and respect, I think a relationship can last for a lifetime. Look at your grandparents!

Is there an element of "settling?" Perhaps. It depends what you mean. Is there someone "better" out there? Maybe. But maybe not. Is that settling? Could be. But if you still have those 4 things I mentioned after the "honeymoon" phase cools down, the reality is that's as good as it gets. Human relationships aren't Hollywood movies; the fact that so many people have been convinced otherwise might go some way to explaining modern divorce rates.

Of course, I could be wrong, but it seems betting on taking the other road often leads to waking up one day in your late 60s, alone and childless and being one of those weird old "bachelor" bastards who everyone assumes is a closeted homosexual or secret pedo. Like Anthony.

I believe you can love a person forever. Obviously there's a difference between that "wildly in love" phase in the first few months or years of a relationship and the feelings people have for each other after 10, 20, 30 + years of a relationship. Like you say, people change, so it stands to reason that their feelings for each other do to. As long as there's love, friendship, mutual physical attraction and respect, I think a relationship can last for a lifetime. Look at your grandparents!

Is there an element of "settling?" Perhaps. It depends what you mean. Is there someone "better" out there? Maybe. But maybe not. Is that settling? Could be. But if you still have those 4 things I mentioned after the "honeymoon" phase cools down, the reality is that's as good as it gets. Human relationships aren't Hollywood movies; the fact that so many people have been convinced otherwise might go some way to explaining modern divorce rates.

Of course, I could be wrong, but it seems betting on taking the other road often leads to waking up one day in your late 60s, alone and childless and being one of those weird old "bachelor" bastards who everyone assumes is a closeted homosexual or secret pedo. Like Anthony.
My grandparents got married in their early 20s and are in their 80s now. It would be bizarre if they were the same people now. They also had 4 kids and the ol' Catholic upbringing teaching them divorce is wrong even though my great grandparents on one side were separated.

If you take the whole religion with promises to God stuff out of it and financial implications I can't see any reasons for it.

G

I'm close to 20 year's,with my GF.

I will love her forever. She's a good gal.

It can become mundane. Change is good

I would love to taste fresh meat. But the danger of throwing all away for a one night stand. Each to their own.
Exactly. That was one of the things that was always so disingenuous about Jay Mohr when he was talking about being married to Nikki Cox - "I never even look at other women/I never think about cheating/I never jerk off" etc.

Really? I see half a dozen women a day who I'd like to fuck. You don't do it for the reason you gave.

Riccardo Bosi

welcomes our new overlords
But maybe not. Is that settling? Could be. But if you still have those 4 things I mentioned after the "honeymoon" phase cools down, the reality is that's as good as it gets.
My longest relationship was four years, and I wouldn't have traded it in for a one night stand near the end. Once you have kids and everything I understand the sex "wanes" but it's during a period where both parties should be understandably tired and preoccupied; a married couple with kids can still fuck unless the whole thing was a fuckup (I've seen this happen) i.e. she's a cunt content with being fat.

The "honeymoon" phase of the relationship is just lust. That's not something that justifies a relationship. That's something only faggots really glom onto as something real. There's a lot of sexy women out there who are braindead and, sure, it'd be fun to fuck them, but the thought of waking up and having breakfast with one of them is gross.

Riccardo Bosi

welcomes our new overlords
It can become mundane. Change is good
I think you're thinking about it incorrectly although you sound happy. You don't work on some old, beautiful car, restoring it, only to give up 85% of the way in to service some modern Honda.

As someone mentioned, being mundane is bad but if your outcome is Anthony Cumia, just blow your brains out. My dad is 61 and plays table tennis. Why does every aspect of your life have to be about women?

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Exactly. That was one of the things that was always so disingenuous about Jay Mohr when he was talking about being married to Nikki Cox - "I never even look at other women/I never think about cheating/I never jerk off" etc.

Really? I see half a dozen women a day who I'd like to fuck. You don't do it for the reason you gave.
He told a story on OnA about him jerking off in a hotel room when he thought she was asleep.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

crumbly feta enjoyer
I don't believe you can love a person forever so any couple that are together are partly doing it because it's the norm and easy. I have changed in ten years maybe even 5 and I will change again so how do you stay in love with a ever changing person?

Anyway I drunkenly told my best mates wife that I think they have both settled for domestic drudgery when she asked me if I am ever going to settle down with someone and now she's mad ( because I am right)
I've been with my wife since 93. I love her but it certainly isn't the Hollywood love people dream about.
I believe that Hollywood doesn't last and people who keep looking for it end up miserable and divorced

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
My sisters friend who’s like 21 was engaged and her fiance just died. I just thought damn, thats literally the most devastating death possible. The perfect version of them still exists in your head. Even if your wife of 30 years dies, by then you lived it out and you know every shitty thing about them. That girl might never recover.
(Its ok though, I can save her)