Worst movie you've ever seen?

Snake

p162616_p_v10_ae.jpg

JesseTheGovernor

Access to the Debates
300 is one of the worst pieces of shit I’ve ever seen. I remember a bunch of my friends thought it was unreal when it came out. I found it hokey and garbage in my teens, and I just watched it again recently and it’s even worse than I remember. Gerard Butler is a terrible actor, the CGI looks stupid, the plot is laughably simplistic and boring, the fight scenes are lame, they advertised the film using the comic book monsters but they barely made an appearance in the film, and the whole tone and style of the movie was just lame “rah rah” shit meant to hype up suburban 16 year olds at the height of the Iraq war era.

I also had to watch some shit movie called “The Hate U Give” and I had people telling me it was “powerful”. If I didn’t have to watch it, I would have turned it off after 5 mins. Actually I would have never started it. The opening scene is a black girl walking through her mostly white school, interacting with her white boyfriend, getting dirty looks from the white girls for some reason, etc. But it also plays her internal monologue saying like “I’m black at an all white school, my BF is white, the popular girls dont like me” and that type of shit, but they are fucking showing this exact thing happening. We don’t need to hear it too. But that’s “black” and “woke” art for you. They are fucking dumb and need to hammer you over the head with their meaning, because subtlety is just too difficult for them to understand. Even if they just showed the visuals, it was over the top. But they had to verbalize it too. I have never been so annoyed while watching a movie. There was also the black girl’s white friend who became a “blue lives matter” type with absolutely no context (simply cuz she was white), and used the most asinine positions to back up her stance. Then I noticed this movie was based on a book written by a fat, black 30-something woman. So it makes sense why the writing is dumb, over the top, loud, and lacking in any sort of nuance whatsoever. It’s a black and white world and there is no in between.

In film, if you can get your point across without words, then you fucking do that. It’s a visual medium. I could go on about this movie but it’s legitimately the worst. Like, I’m sure there are worse looking movies out there (Battlefield Earth) or cornier acting (anything with that unfunny cunt Andy Samberg), but jesus christ was this movie a perfect example of what not to do when it omes to filmmaking and writing. Just painful to sit through.

Last edited:

bumbum8

It died on the vine
The one with the half-man from Game of Thrones and some horrible lesbian couple making bank off of kidnapping the elderly and fucking over their families once they figure it out. Hated every second of it and its stupid girl power message.

Reboot was fucking awful, but I'd still say Yoga Hosers was worse.
I'm not defending "Yoga Hosers", which is without a doubt one of the ten worst movies I've ever seen. But "Reboot" looked like the stoned crybaby filmed it with his phone. The rest of his dumb movies at least appeared to have been filmed by actual cameras operated by semi-competent people. I actually liked Jay and Silent Bob until I saw this piece of shit. He put absolutely nothing into it at all.

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
Super Troopers 2. I know it's suppose to be a dumb movie anyway, but the entire film was callbacks to the first one. Perfect example of something "fans" completely ruined. It didn't need a second movie.

Last movie I saw in theaters was Django: Unchained and I while I thought it OK, I just couldn't get over the whole Tarantino, "Look how clever the dialogue is!" when it's just an unnecessarily wordy scene.

I've also been told I'm not educated enough to understand the art of Yoko Ono screaming next to a of a pile of dirt for 5 minutes, so just take what I say with a grain of salt I guess.

I'm fully prepared to have zero expectations for The Many Saints of Newark, and still be completely disappointed.

Imager

Keyboard Warrior
I have a visceral hatred for Boyhood.

I'd rather watch Patrick get pegged by Niki for 2 hours and 45 minutes than watch this. At least there would be a point.

Cool concept completely ruined by a pointless story.

Though if they had started filming the sequel in 2008, having the main character, a fucking white male, be turned into the enemy for just existing in 2021, THAT would be an amazing art movie.

DiarrheaDick

Get up here and shut up!
I've seen a lot of shitty movies that are obviously shit but as far as movies that people think are good go this one made me angry after watching it. Pretentious fucking drivel.

Too much shit going on, and too much to follow.
I've seen a lot of shitty movies that are obviously shit but as far as movies that people think are good go this one made me angry after watching it. Pretentious fucking drivel.

Lol, sorry if I was the one who referred you to that movie. I went down a dark hole of Charlie Kaufman shit a while back and it still somehow sticks out to me in terms of a stupid mindfuck. It has really douche-chill scenes but I feel like Kaufman really wanted to do something pure to him, and it was a bit much. He should've had someone else direct it for sure.

G

Me and the wife watched that about a year ago. The premise of the making of it sounded unique so we sat through it.

We have different tastes in a lot of things, e.g. she loved True Blood and Lucifer whereas I tapped out of the first after a couple of seasons and couldn't make it past the first episode of the second, I love good horror movies and she hates the genre, and then we have things we both enjoy like Sopranos/Boardwalk/Mad Men/The Shield etc. But we both went into Boyhood wanting to like it, perhaps more so as parents of two young boys.

At the end we both looked at each other and basically said "what the fuck was that? What a waste of time." And what a waste of a great concept.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot

I'd rather watch Patrick get pegged by Niki for 2 hours and 45 minutes than watch this. At least there would be a point.

Cool concept completely ruined by a pointless story.

Though if they had started filming the sequel in 2008, having the main character, a fucking white male, be turned into the enemy for just existing in 2021, THAT would be an amazing art movie.
Ethan Hawke was the only good part of that movie. Yeah it's impressive they filmed it over 15 years, but theres no substance to that movie at all. It's a snooze and there is a lot of shitty acting in it.

ConsumerGeekazoid

Shame on my boyish mind
In the last ten years it's easily "Jay And Silent Bob Reboot" and it isn't even close. It wasn't just a bad movie, it looked like something filmed by a child. Every single moment was pure cringe. Smith's previous movie, "Yoga Hosers" was likewise one of the worst movies I've ever seen, but "Reboot" was even worse. Charging people sixty bucks to see that piece of shit and sit through another Q&A where he repeated that stupid Bruce Willis story again took a lot of balls. Anyone who claims to have liked "Reboot" is a moron, plain and simple, as only a moron would sit there and let Kevin Smith insult his or her intelligence for two hours like that. If "Reboot" is indicative of what "Clerks 3" is going to be like, it'll be a total debacle.
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on this forum that hasn't seen every Kevin Smith movie and I'm not sure how I feel about that