Worst intern?

There were so many interns that simply did a decent job, got their credit and left. If you were on the air, it was because you were exceedingly good at something, or you were there to be made fun of. Interns that got airtime typically didn't because they were great interns. It was usually because they were terrible at stuff or borderline autistic if not full on.

Do you think Creampie Jones scooped a Norton shit out of the toilet with his bare hands because we thought he was an awesome worker? A reward for doing such great work behind the scenes? The best interns were hired as staff, the worst ones put newspaper hats on doody logs and brushed their teeth with homeless underpants shit. Stuntboys aren't producers.

Wasn't there some 40-something sad sack intern at one point? I don't remember anything else about him.

Yes. If memory serves he was at least late 30's, from Massachusetts. He was sleeping in his car. Had a wife and (maybe?) a kid. Respect for taking a risk like that and getting the internship, but like most interns, they were average, did their jobs fine and never really made a effort to stand out.

If you wanted to stand out as an intern, you needed to do a bit more than what was expected. Yeah, coffee and shit. Come in with a bunch of audio already cut up and hand it to a Producer. "Hey I saw this story/show/event last night and cut it up, it could be good stuff." This never or rarely happened. "I cut up a whole batch of rejoiners last night, here...". "I spent the weekend watching movies to pull clips for the Replay's". Nope. Just show up and go home, mostly.

You have to be rich to take the subway and work in NY?
there were a fair share of priviledged interns who came & went tho', right? I think the Noahs at least, the 'chocolate strawberry shoe' guy... I guess it's not essential, but they might not be as motivated, but there were definitely at least a few... & they were the ones who didn't last because they lacked the need/drive/motivation (for the reason I said)... tell me if I'm wrong.

I wasn't talking about you or those who became staff, but I'd assume you were more driven because you weren't privileged, hence you got the job.

Shelby was hysterical. It’s too bad Ron felt like he needed to strong arm him out of his loyalty to O&A after Shelby rightfully called out the fact that McCartney is way too big for their show.

Or was he a producer at that point? Que sera, sera. :colin_md:
He was an intern, then the McCartney incident happened when he was in studio as a "guest", then after that he was hired as their producer for over a year (but they kept him off air until he was hired, because Ron wasn't supposed to have all those former interns in there doing unpaid work).

I wasn't talking about you or those who became staff, but I'd assume you were more driven because you weren't privileged, hence you got the job.

NYC local encompasses all walks of life. We had "rich kids" kids like Than and Sam. Travis' family didn't set him up. My family didn't set me up. There's $$$$ colleges and there are $ colleges. We accepted interns from all walks of life.

Harry's Manly Calvester

Wetting Zoomers since 2023
This wasn’t something that happened on the air and its not even an interesting story. Its been posted on here a few times. A bunch of SXM interns sued in a class action over unpaid work / getting breakfasts and he was one of the plantiffs.

Also, go listen to the clips concerning interns because they’re classics. You have the guy who came in with a fake eyepatch and was exposed over an hour. You have Intern Rob who lied about a pool party and got grilled for an hour. You had Stevie being a fucking retard and Troy giving his mother a lap dance after he brought her in. Intern Josh getting flamed for an hour over his shitty tomato bit then crying on the air because he was a virgin. Intern Jared and the doodie hat. Intern Noah and his $500 shoes and J-j-j-jewlia.

Having a revolving door of young retards to make fun of produced a lot of ffaaaawkin content. Sniff
Reminder ant made a huge effort to try and go to robs party to have sex with children

I’d have to say Intern Matt for being a complete fucking obnoxious privileged retard who was all fawkinnn in with the Occupy Wallstreet people. “I’ve actually been meditating with this crystal this girl gave me…” ARE YA? And then he sues the company because people made him get breakfast. FAGGOT.

Honorable mention is Intern Stevie for being utterly useless and a literal retard. @BenDovid what was the deal with him leaving? Any behind the scenes shit?

Also on the topic of Intern Stevie I thought i’d bring up this nauseating moment:

During Stevies last appearance on air he brings up Travis / Danny kicking him in the nuts. Opie being the shitstirrer keeps steering Stevie back into talking about this. Danny and Travis are furiously both denying / apologizing for this event knowing the more it goes out on air the likelier the bosses talk to them about this incident.

And what does completely neutral, spine having Anthony do?

Repeatedly SHOUT “WHY CANT YOU GO ON THE SUBWAY?” to defend his perfectly innocent, nut kicking interns.

Totally not obvious what he’s doing, totally not annoying either! Fucking loser.

Intern Matt has a huge(Pringles Can Type) penis his Alpha Male energy stirred up great on air content

That may be true but this gem wouldn't be possible without a R&F intern:

Felt like a last awkward fez moment from beyond the grave

Reminder ant made a huge effort to try and go to robs party to have sex with children
Rob is involved in some sort of indoor games YouTube thing now where they play slightly made up sports and hybrids of baseball and cricket. He also worked at Sirius for years.

Who was that nervous one Opie liked? Oscar? He would come in for super shows and the like and was just.... nothing

Who was the virgin that Patrice tried to give advice to, and ended up bad mouthing the show in an email that they saw?

I only remember Noah for the Julia song, Pat Duffy, Jewish David, Stevie, and Oscar (what’s he up to now? He was funny and could at least play guitar).

I have no idea who Josh, Matt, Rob, any of the ones you guys mentioned.

Yes. If memory serves he was at least late 30's, from Massachusetts. He was sleeping in his car. Had a wife and (maybe?) a kid. Respect for taking a risk like that and getting the internship, but like most interns, they were average, did their jobs fine and never really made a effort to stand out.

If you wanted to stand out as an intern, you needed to do a bit more than what was expected. Yeah, coffee and shit. Come in with a bunch of audio already cut up and hand it to a Producer. "Hey I saw this story/show/event last night and cut it up, it could be good stuff." This never or rarely happened. "I cut up a whole batch of rejoiners last night, here...". "I spent the weekend watching movies to pull clips for the Replay's". Nope. Just show up and go home, mostly.
Danny are you bitter because you did all those things for the show only to have opie throw the cd in his pile and never get to it?