Will O&A ever be inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame

Ever going to happen

• Total voters

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
It depends what we mean when we say broadcasting. Stern was more influential to talk radio but O&A were more influential to podcasting and the medium we have now.

O&A and all those fags wanted to be Howie, now all the podcasting fags want to be O&A
And Howard still thinks podcasting won’t ever catch on. Must drive him nuts to see the numbers Rogan and others do.

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Theres a shit ton of rockstars who should be in the Rock hall of fame but aren’t. It’s all about money and it means nothing. O&A will always be the guys who started Rogan and thus started Podcasting, even if no one widely gives them that credit.

They aren't going to give anyone who helped podcasting credit, because these are going to be traditional radio guys who see podcasting as a threat, just like music streaming.

Even without Ant's racism, I bet the boys were blackballed due to Assault on the Media and Jocktober burning all their bridges in the industry. Sirius would probably need to sponsor them, and Sirius wouldn't care now that they don't work there (and didn't care when they did).

I’d argue :zrucyk7: was but I get your point, genuinely. :image_9248:
Hoohoo created shock jockery, a dead radio concept, today he shills Deep State agendas like all of mainstream media. Inconsequential.
O&A created the blueprint for podcasting and the talk format we regard as standard today. Their contributions to comedy are definitely without comparison. All these faggot comedians aside, just their catalogue alone is some of the finest comedy ever created, finally the board culture that sprang out of it.
Howard Ben-Dovid Stern is responsible for non of it.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Hoohoo created shock jockery, a dead radio concept, today he shills Deep State agendas like all of mainstream media. Inconsequential.
O&A created the blueprint for podcasting and the talk format we regard as standard today. Their contributions to comedy are definitely without comparison. All these faggots comedians aside, just their catalogue alone is some of the finest comedy ever created, finally the board culture that sprang out of it.
Crazy how he’s pretty much the only person they refer to now as a “shock jock” and that’s few and far between (pretty much only used by conservatives that get upset when he bitches about Trump / praises Biden)

Just think about asking someone that’s 25 and under to tell you what a “shock jock” is.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
O&A created the blueprint for podcasting and the talk format we regard as standard today. Their contributions to comedy are definitely without comparison. All these faggot comedians aside, just their catalogue alone is some of the finest comedy ever created, finally the board culture that sprang out of it.
They also really took the idea of having comedians sit in often when Howard pretty much stopped after the got Artie. From Jackie leaving to Artie getting the job they had all kinds of guys sit in like Chappelle, etc.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
They also really took the idea of having comedians sit in often when Howard pretty much stopped after the got Artie. From Jackie leaving to Artie getting the job they had all kinds of guys sit in like Chappelle, etc.
Howard would usually only have one in at a time. I like Dipaolo but why bother seriously interviewing him and asking if he’s jealous of Chris Rock or Dane Cook. OnA was set up more like Robin’s news with Gilbert and Artie.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Is that like a sex toy or something?
I remember Stern had one of the former heads of Infinity about who they wanted to replace Stern when he went to Sirius and top of the list was Preston & Steve who were available since Y100 flipped formats and had a 6 month no-compete clause. They turned it down like pretty much everyone they asked because nobody wanted to follow him. People like Larry David and Chris Rock were also offered the spot and of course all said no. David Lee Roth was the only one dumb enough to think he could replace him. The DLR show was sooooo bad - it was just Roth telling stories about his Uncle and that was his only guest.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Howard would usually only have one in at a time. I like Dipaolo but why bother seriously interviewing him and asking if he’s jealous of Chris Rock or Dane Cook. OnA was set up more like Robin’s news with Gilbert and Artie.
And that’s what worked - the best part of the comedians sitting in was Robin’s news and then adding things. Stern thought people cared if comedians were upset they aren’t as famous as other comedians. Plus we know how Stern, Fred, and Robin still can’t handle anyone busting their balls which OnA didn’t mind.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
And Howard still thinks podcasting won’t ever catch on. Must drive him nuts to see the numbers Rogan and others do.
Please tell me you’re misquoting him or something. Podcasting won’t “catch on”? We’re past that. It’s here, you fucking dinosaur. How fucking out of touch do you have to be to think radio is king. He loves Youtube, right? Thats just podcasting.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
I remember Stern had one of the former heads of Infinity about who they wanted to replace Stern when he went to Sirius and top of the list was Preston & Steve who were available since Y100 flipped formats and had a 6 month no-compete clause. They turned it down like pretty much everyone they asked because nobody wanted to follow him. People like Larry David and Chris Rock were also offered the spot and of course all said no. David Lee Roth was the only one dumb enough to think he could replace him. The DLR show was sooooo bad - it was just Roth telling stories about his Uncle and that was his only guest.
Didn’t Carolla replace his slot in CA? Or was that after Roth? Then the station made him get Danny Bonaduce as a cohost haha.

Last edited:

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Please tell me you’re misquoting him or something. Podcasting won’t “catch on”? We’re past that. It’s here, you fucking dinosaur. How fucking out of touch do you have to be to think radio is king. He loves Youtube, right? Thats just podcasting.
I mean he said that like 15 or 20 years ago. I still think he’s convinced he has crazy good ratings.
IMG_1822.jpeg

That’s his security guard in the back. The guy who barely comes up to his shoulder.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
He probably doesnt say it as much as he used to but he was all about shitting on it, how it’s “nothing even close” to actually broadcasting, and other complete out of touch nonsense. He was pretty much the only major radio person that said it’s won’t last / it’s amateur / anyone can do it so it’s not important / nobody is listening / radio will always be king etc

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I mean he said that like 15 or 20 years ago. I still think he’s convinced he has crazy good ratings.
View attachment 196194
That’s his security guard in the back. The guy who barely comes up to his shoulder.
Sirius tells him they can’t track ratings but also takes credit for every subscriber. I remember Sirius they hit I think 25 or 30 million “subscribers” (you know those numbers are all bullshit - probably counts every car that has it as a trial, etc) and Stern went on like it’s all because of him because when he came there they were new and didn’t have many subscribers.