Why we don't refrigerate eggs in Europe

FrogmanKurlan

Kill a commie for mommy, awright
The USDA mandates that all eggs be washed first to prevent any chance of salmonella contamination. Washing eggs removes the protective coating around the shell which means the egg will spoil quicker if not refrigerated.

You used to be able to find just regular, unwashed eggs sold in a basket at some farmer's markets and country stores, but that was a while ago.
I used to get eggs from this family that was “homesteading” and the eggs would still have chicken shit on them. They were damn good eggs

I used to get eggs from this family that was “homesteading” and the eggs would still have chicken shit on them. They were damn good eggs
Salmonella comes from the chicken shit, this much I know. Do you bleach the eggs white or feed them something to change the shells? For most of the world chicken eggs are like a mild brown color.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
Different breeds lay different colors.
The black lays better eggs to begin with because she's been bred to be that way, because of her high thighs and big thighs that goes up into her back, and they can jump higher and run faster because of their bigger thighs and she's bred to be the better egg layer because this goes back all the way to the Civil War when during the slave trade...the chicken owner would breed his big black to his big hen so that she could lay big black eggs.

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
She's Cool.

Sure; sorry @ShutYourCakeHorn.
You're a good kid Wyzzy, you're like a retarded little brother to me.

1664324558128.png

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
I don't understand the need to refrigerate them; hens lay the most in Spring when the weather is warm, so the eggs are out in the heat for a long time before you go collect them. I've left them in a bowl on the kitchen counter, and they're fine to eat.

Like someone said, I would not buy refrigerated eggs and then leave them out, however.

It's a rough one, man. Here's Monica.

Dv6GGvoX4AEXOQS.jpg

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
I don't understand the need to refrigerate them; hens lay the most in Spring when the weather is warm, so the eggs are out in the heat for a long time before you go collect them. I've left them in a bowl on the kitchen counter, and they're fine to eat.

Like someone said, I would not buy refrigerated eggs and then leave them out, however.

It's a rough one, man. Here's Monica.

View attachment 69024
I bet her eggs are still fertile as fuck, pardon my french.

DwQxxruX0AA0Utz.jpg_large.jpg