Why should I give a fuck about rich dead faggots?

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
Faggot shit, Scott Weiland (another fawkin junkie) ran circles around Kurt.
When Scott died his ex wife and the mother of his children wrote a scathing and damming letter for rolling stone saying what a piece of shit he was and the emotional turmoil he put her and her children through with his drug abuse.

I think Scott was diagnosed bipolar and was obv a certified full time junky who tore apart two very good bands, STP and Velvet Revolver (Contraband was a fawkin classic) with his prima Donna bs and drug issues. Only to die alone on a shitty bus doing club gigs where he could barely stand up, slurring his way through his catalogue. Apparently he did have a period where he was being medicated for his mental issues and he was able to clean up for a while but the meds made him get fat so he stopped.

I thought the letter his ex wrote was kinda refreshing given how we tend to deify these Rockstars who all have families and band mates who get fucked over by them being wasted all the time.

I'd link to it but faggot rolling stone wants you to sub and I'm 16 dick circumventing that kinda stuff. Nigger.

EraGodless

The only reason they get credit is because Cobain blew his head off and it forced people to reevaluate the gritty sound of Nirvana as some tortured cry for help, and not edgy teenage schlock. Also because they influenced every shitty grunge band imaginable, so regardless of the quality of music they influenced they’re considered “Influential”.

Nothing about Nirvana is remarkable except that they pioneered a sound that wasn’t happening at the time, i.e hard sounding but basic music. There is nothing special about the writing, producing, lyrics, singing, really anything.
You sure have a lot of concrete opinions on things that happened before you were even born. It's very odd.

BUBBLER

-Former DMANIC

i didn’t feel like the question warranted an answer because it shifted the topic from the reality of the situation to a discussion about decriminalization.

It doesn’t matter if the harm is from the illegality - right now it IS illegal and that harm exists. We were discussing right now, not a hypothetical “what if”.

And even if “what if it was legal and regulated” existed, it would still be a moral sin exactly the same as being an alcoholic. You’re wasting your potential in a hedonistic pursuit. You’re getting high and running out the clock on life.

Please note that I’m speaking generally here, with a royal “you”, and not critiquing you specifically.
I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I am saying you’re being a bit faggy for stating this opinion.

EraGodless

Unquestionably if you are being a drug addict you are committing an economic and a moral sin even if you are “functioning”. There is no such thing as only harming yourself.

1) you’re directly contributing to a system that destroys other people’s lives - and their family’s - through addiction, crime, violence, murder, criminal penalties.

The money you funnel into this system could also be used to directly benefit the lives of the people close to you, barring that, a charity, or even just a legal business enterprise.

2) you’re depriving the world, yourself, and your immediate relationships from the best version of yourself. Every minute spent on acquiring drugs, being high, dealing with the consequences of drugs - is a minute that could have been put to a non-hedonistic pursuit.

“No man is an island”

Don’t take it as a personal slight, I wasted a decade of my life that I can never get back.
I spent around 15 years in Hell, of my own volition. I'm paying for it now. It stinks when the check comes due, and you're the only one there to pick up the tab. Fawk!

Queefer Sutherland

Fix me, Josh!
When Scott died his ex wife and the mother of his children wrote a scathing and damming letter for rolling stone saying what a piece of shit he was and the emotional turmoil he put her and her children through with his drug abuse.

I think Scott was diagnosed bipolar and was obv a certified full time junky who tore apart two very good bands, STP and Velvet Revolver (Contraband was a fawkin classic) with his prima Donna bs and drug issues. Only to die alone on a shitty bus doing club gigs where he could barely stand up, slurring his way through his catalogue. Apparently he did have a period where he was being medicated for his mental issues and he was able to clean up for a while but the meds made him get fat so he stopped.

I thought the letter his ex wrote was kinda refreshing given how we tend to deify these Rockstars who all have families and band mates who get fucked over by them being wasted all the time.

I'd link to it but faggot rolling stone wants you to sub and I'm 16 dick circumventing that kinda stuff. Nigger.

Funny enough, she was diagnosed as well and spent time in the loony bin.

Cobain wrote some incredible music but I really hate when motherfuckers use the belly ache excuse to justify his heroin use. The guy had more money than God and could've easily gotten something other than dope for what was probably crohns disease or something else similar to that. He could've easily seen some special doctor that could've figured the shit out. But no. Wah wah wah, what am I gonna do, drugs are the only thing that works. Nothing else. I tried everything. Did ya??? Everyone in that scene was strung out nigga, cuz it feels amazing. You were a junky. It's just like when a boomer is strung out on oxy for 30 years cuz they fell off a ladder one time in 1994. I need dese! Dere my medicine! Fuck off.

Incredible songwriter. But fucking up your songs on purpose because they're too popular, in front of your fans who paid to see you, is faggot behavior. Fuck you and your ego, stupid. You'd be pumping gas in Seattle if it wasn't for teen spirit. Or dead in a gutter. You can satirize your bandwagon fans all you want, I get that. But don't fuck with your fans like that.

WAH WAH WAH I can't go anywhere im too famous! Staying inside and having everything brought to me and shooting dope all day sounds like literal fucking paradise to me. Especially if I never had to worry about money. If he was such a shy introverted faggot what did he give a shit about not being able to go outside?
Layne Staley did it for a decade before he died. Alice in Chains were always twice the band nirvana was but that's another story. They were more authentic. Dirt was all about dope and literally took you through a junkys journey from recreational to hopeless addiction. Glorifying on one track and admitting fault and venting their pain and remorse on the next. Unfortunately they burnt out very quickly.

On the one hand it was incredible selfish for him to kill himself with a newborn daughter. On the other, Courtney was a psychotic cunt and the cracks were beginning to show in their relationship. Neither would've gotten clean and I think his daughters life is probably better off without him in it. I say this as a child of two codependent addicts. She seems relatively normal all things considered.

When Amy wine house died I was at a 311 concert and they stopped the show to announce the shit. And the crowd went dead silent. First thing I heard was some smoker voice townie bitch go "HAHA! SHOULDA GAWN TA REHAB, BITCH!" It was very funny.
Great song writer, was he? Smells like teen spirit, does it?

Dusty Dan

You picked the 2 perfect musicians. Lazy Kurt who got kicked out of Melvins and lucked into everlasting fame via a few mediocre songs and suicide.

Amy Winehouse was shit. I wasn't her demo, sure, but what utter crap music. She's already started on the path to being forgotten about I think, certainly not a legend like Kurt, her music was just not influential enough and she borrowed her entire sound from earlier artists. Someone brings her up on Ron and Fez and Ron instantly dismisses her as "fake shanana shit" which got my ribs.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
I know nothing about Whinhouse. I don’t think Nirvana would be remembered as fondly if Kurt didn’t blow his head off in the height of the bands fame.

AIC was by far the superior Seattle band of that time. Just my opinion. I think AIC songs more than hold up ; I don’t think that for Nirvana in some respects.

I usually turn the station if Nirvana is being played. The only superior song from them is ‘drain you’ . The BBC version really is amazing, but I can’t stand most of their songs at this point. They all seemed like assholes too. 🤔
Agree with the AIC is better than Nirvana. They didn’t realize what they had with have Layne and Jerry having similar voices.

I still remember hearing on the radio when Staley died. It was first reported that a body was found at his place but he had been dead for at least two weeks. Kurt and Layne died on the same day -April 5th. I read for the last two Alice In Chains songs with Layne for that box set all of his teeth had fallen out so he’s singing with an empty mouth which is why there’s a slight whistle at parts of “Get Born Again”

Harry Powell

Lyndon Evans Superfan
Agree with the AIC is better than Nirvana. They didn’t realize what they had with have Layne and Jerry having similar voices.

I still remember hearing on the radio when Staley died. It was first reported that a body was found at his place but he had been dead for at least two weeks. Kurt and Layne died on the same day -April 5th. I read for the last two Alice In Chains songs with Layne for that box set all of his teeth had fallen out so he’s singing with an empty mouth which is why there’s a slight whistle at parts of “Get Born Again”
They absolutely knew what they had with their similar voices. Their harmonies are one of the most unique and interesting things about the band.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
They destroyed hair metal and basically ushered in the sound of the 90s. I agree with all the crybaby junky faggotry. And I'll even give you that Cobain was a shit tier lyricist almost on the level of ozzy Osborne in terms of shitty, lazy, rhyming disguised as deep commentary on society. But before Kurt died he was already insanely famous. Nevermind is an incredible album and I think it deserves the praise it gets. Is biggie more highly rated cuz he died young? Sure. Doesn't mean ready to die isn't a classic album.

They definitely weren't the first grunge band and all the other good ones popped off around the same time. But I do give Kurt credit for taking care of his friends in the scene who's art he appreciated (he always hyped up the melvins, he was good friends with Mark lanegan from screaming trees) but the public overlooked.
I wouldn’t say they killed hair metal but more hair metal had run its course / was getting stale and something new had to happen so it was a right place / right time situation. A lot of those hair metal groups blame it on Nirvana but really it was they had milked it dry where it was down to specific formula (sign all the groups that have the look, have a power ballad, etc)

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
They absolutely knew what they had with their similar voices. Their harmonies are one of the most unique and interesting things about the band.
I more meant it wasn’t what they had planned - they happened to have similar voices which made them stand out compared to the other Seattle bands which only had one singer - Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Soundgarden, etc.