• This forum is dedicated exclusively to parody, comedy, and satirical content. None of the statements, opinions, or depictions shared on this platform should be considered or treated as factual information under any circumstances. All content is intended for entertainment purposes only and should be regarded as fictional, exaggerated, or purely the result of personal opinions and creative expression.

Please be aware that this forum may feature discussions and content related to taboo, controversial, or potentially offensive subjects. The purpose of this content is not to incite harm but to engage in satire and explore the boundaries of humor. If you are sensitive to such subjects or are easily offended, we kindly advise that you leave the forum.

Any similarities to real people, events, or situations are either coincidental or based on real-life inspirations but used within the context of fair use satire. By accepting this disclaimer, you acknowledge and understand that the content found within this forum is strictly meant for parody, satire, and entertainment. You agree not to hold the forum, its administrators, moderators, or users responsible for any content that may be perceived as offensive or inappropriate. You enter and participate in this forum at your own risk, with full awareness that everything on this platform is purely comedic, satirical, or opinion-based, and should never be taken as factual information.

If any information or discussion on this platform triggers distressing emotions or thoughts, please leave immediately and consider seeking assistance.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Why Brother Joe doesn't make original music?

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Because he fucking sucks. It takes a certain level of skill to play an instrument. It takes creativity to write music. Joe has no creativity and neither did any of the other faggots in Rotgut like Ant or Joe Curry. They all just dreamed of “getting big” instead of making actually good shit. And look at the one song that Joe DID write - “Oh Dara”. Now it’s grown on me, but it’s a fucking terrible song. And something that always stuck out to me when they played it originally is Ant commenting “Good guitar solo though” when Joe starts doing it in the song. It’s fucking not. Yeah, he can play a guitar solo. But it’s not a good one.

Jims_Maroon_Pants

crumbly feta enjoyer
Guy has the required equipment, his prized chinese guitars and all the time in the world but has only come up with OH DARA.

I hate to say this but he is not a bad guitar player and his singing voice is meh. he can make original songs all on his own.

How is doesn't get bored playing layla and In the air tonight over and over again is beyond me?

People don't want to hear original music, they barely tolerate his cover songs. At the end of the day 20 bucks is 20 bucks

Because he fucking sucks. It takes a certain level of skill to play an instrument. It takes creativity to write music. Joe has no creativity and neither did any of the other faggots in Rotgut like Ant or Joe Curry. They all just dreamed of “getting big” instead of making actually good shit. And look at the one song that Joe DID write - “Oh Dara”. Now it’s grown on me, but it’s a fucking terrible song. And something that always stuck out to me when they played it originally is Ant commenting “Good guitar solo though” when Joe starts doing it in the song. It’s fucking not. Yeah, he can play a guitar solo. But it’s not a good one.
I have never even once heard a Joe guitar lick where I thought to myself "damn, I gotta admit, the fat faggot really nailed that one". Objectively speaking, his playing is all muscle memory, sloppy, and full of cheap shortcuts. He just repeatedly plays the same crappy songs he's been playing along with for thirty, forty years. He never challenges himself, he never attempts something new, different, or outside his safe, comfortable wheelhouse. He does it for attention, to be noticed while he waddles about the stage, pretending he's a guitar god. IMO, people like Joe don't even really understand what people like about music in the first place.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
IMO, people like Joe don't even really understand what people like about music in the first place.
Because Joe literally doesn’t understand what goes into making music besides playing an instrument and looking cool. Maybe this is faggy, but learning about music theory makes you appreciate music more. It takes the whole “I could do that!” angle out of it because you realize music is a whole lot more than just knowing how to play your instrument. It’s a lot of math, a lot of experimenting, having an ear beyond hearing a Hendrix riff and going “Dude! That’s fucking awesome.” Joe is the type of person who never asked himself “Why do they solo the way they do? Is it off the cuff like Frank Zappa or is it a rehearsed solo? Why is this one clean picking instead of a Van Halen finger tapping solo?” because this all requires thinking about why music is written the way it is. He doesn’t think that shit. He knows the basic chords to Clapton songs, doesn’t understand why those chords were chosen, and plays them shittily on his guitar.

Now does that mean you’re sitting down when you’re listening to a song and going “Hmmm yes the diminished 4th into a 7th chord. Very interesting.” ? No. But it gives you a basic idea of why you would say resolve into a root chord from a 7th. It creates a certain emotional effect that will come across in the music. I’m also talking out of my ass with this because I barely understand music theory besides the basic google searches i’ve done on it. So imagine how much Joe knows about this shit.

Wa4892

As someone who has dabbled in playing the guitar - I decided to teach myself to play when I was 28 years old - I have a theory on this.

Joe does not make original music because ...... he does not love music. He DOES LOVE showing off and trying to impress people by playing songs they already know.

With me, about three weeks into playing the guitar I decided if I was going to spend time playing the guitar, the last thing on earth I wanted to do was play other people's music. If I was going to spend time doing this I wanted to make music.

Like I said, I started all this when I was 28 and I was well into having adult and parenting responsibilities, so I never had the amount of free time necessary to become anything better than above average (I DO own a Digitech RP500 though ........ seriously). And yes, when you start out you need to learn a few songs by the Beatles and Eagles to make sure you tuned the guitar properly and you're playing the chords the right way. But honestly, if all you want to do is try and impress people, you play other people's music. If you love music and love playing the guitar you play your own music.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it .......

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!

I can add to this.

Imagine you succeeded in writing a song of quality. Picture the amount of work that went into that, and then add trying to do that several more times to make an album that you're not embarrassed to put your name on. Even with writing partners, it's very time consuming, and can be mentally exhausting.

Joe is the type of cunt that would rather put in the minimum work for maximum glory, so of course he's all about covers with no distinct style of his own. If he had to get by on his talent and charm to make a career, he'd be found dead in a rest stop bathroom by the end of the month, with the same stupid look on his face.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

bonnie obsessed ❤️
Because Joe literally doesn’t understand what goes into making music besides playing an instrument and looking cool. Maybe this is faggy, but learning about music theory makes you appreciate music more. It takes the whole “I could do that!” angle out of it because you realize music is a whole lot more than just knowing how to play your instrument. It’s a lot of math, a lot of experimenting, having an ear beyond hearing a Hendrix riff and going “Dude! That’s fucking awesome.” Joe is the type of person who never asked himself “Why do they solo the way they do? Is it off the cuff like Frank Zappa or is it a rehearsed solo? Why is this one clean picking instead of a Van Halen finger tapping solo?” because this all requires thinking about why music is written the way it is. He doesn’t think that shit. He knows the basic chords to Clapton songs, doesn’t understand why those chords were chosen, and plays them shittily on his guitar.

Now does that mean you’re sitting down when you’re listening to a song and going “Hmmm yes the diminished 4th into a 7th chord. Very interesting.” ? No. But it gives you a basic idea of why you would say resolve into a root chord from a 7th. It creates a certain emotional effect that will come across in the music. I’m also talking out of my ass with this because I barely understand music theory besides the basic google searches i’ve done on it. So imagine how much Joe knows about this shit.
Music theory? Get a job or start playing VFW halls.

Uncle Anthony Cumia

Hot tubs, guns and slack jawed brothers
Guy has the required equipment, his prized chinese guitars and all the time in the world but has only come up with OH DARA.

I hate to say this but he is not a bad guitar player and his singing voice is meh. he can make original songs all on his own.

How is doesn't get bored playing layla and In the air tonight over and over again is beyond me?

Cuz all the good shits already been written by someone else, so he’s only gonna play the good shit!

Honestly the one video of him playing Layla was alright. I mean it’s hard to truly replicate Clapton, so he didn’t try to go full copy and did it acoustically instead. “Same Loopuh Eric uses!”.