• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with wasting your time getting a Master's Degree?

G

"a master's degree is a waste of time" - NEET who spends every waking second thinking about an obscure sci fi author
lol my younger brother did his Masters in fibre optics and before he even graduated engineering firms were bidding with each other to hire him. Same situation for everyone in his graduating class.

Asuka

Anime is for Faggots
Forum Clout
"a master's degree is a waste of time" - NEET who spends every waking second thinking about an obscure sci fi author
D50-B97-AD-3-BCE-46-CD-9976-390-D07-ABC94-F.jpg

Went from driving a shit sucking truck like the Cumia he is, after bragging about his "University Degrees", to working a Indian call center.

So sad.

Untitled.png

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
I'll get one in international relations, but I already have the (government) work experience in the area and just need the masters for the pedigree to get better jobs. In that fairly narrow circumstance it makes sense, but if you're just a dude getting an international relations degree or master's with no background/desire to work for the government, what the fuck are you doing?

I would also say that there are a lot of employers who consider a masters as a barrier to upper level jobs. In that case, get a cheap/free one and get it over with.

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
Forum Clout
You would think that if you had a master’s in some subject and never found a job that you would just defer to teaching other people that subject like the rest of the losers with the same degree.

G

I always hated school and being a student so I got my gay bachelors and never thought about getting another. Sorry for taking your money dad. Everything you could ever want to learn is available for free anyway.

Petworth dude

Run PFG
Forum Clout
I'll get one in international relations, but I already have the (government) work experience in the area and just need the masters for the pedigree to get better jobs. In that fairly narrow circumstance it makes sense, but if you're just a dude getting an international relations degree or master's with no background/desire to work for the government, what the fuck are you doing?

I would also say that there are a lot of employers who consider a masters as a barrier to upper level jobs. In that case, get a cheap/free one and get it over with.
Sounds like you live in DC. I'm on the fence - I only have a BA in poli sci, and while I'm glad I don't have the debt from grad school, I feel like the lack of an MPA or MPP might be putting a ceiling on my career growth.

Snake

Forum Clout
I always hated school and being a student so I got my gay bachelors and never thought about getting another. Sorry for taking your money dad. Everything you could ever want to learn is available for free anyway.
All my coworkers are like $50k in the hole and I make more than them. Sucks to suck.

I'm probably going to buy an online college level art course this month that's only like $600 tuition that is 90+ hours of teaching. I'd like to do something with my art and do commissions on the side or go full time.

I did take one semester of college as an art major and realized very quickly this is a waste of my time, at least the college route.

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
Sounds like you live in DC. I'm on the fence - I only have a BA in poli sci, and while I'm glad I don't have the debt from grad school, I feel like the lack of an MPA or MPP might be putting a ceiling on my career growth.
I recommend starting somewhere in the government, then after a few years try to get them to pay for your masters. In the meantime, just keep taking the FSO exam until you get in.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
It CAN be a valuable career stepping stone depending on your personal professional situation or it CAN be a total waste of time/money. There are so many factors it's hard to say.

People without degrees love to jerk off to the thought of their acquaintance with a Master's working at Pizza Hut, but the fact is a lot of people with advanced degrees are very successful.

Equally stupid is thinking that getting a degree makes you smarter or better than other people because now you have the piece of paper. it's all situationally dependent, brothaman

WhereWeAt

Forum Clout
It CAN be a valuable career stepping stone depending on your personal professional situation or it CAN be a total waste of time/money. There are so many factors it's hard to say.

People without degrees love to jerk off to the thought of their acquaintance with a Master's working at Pizza Hut, but the fact is a lot of people with advanced degrees are very successful.

Equally stupid is thinking that getting a degree makes you smarter or better than other people because now you have the piece of paper. it's all situationally dependent, brothaman
This pretty much sums it up. A lot of fucksticks like saying "Underwater basketweaving...hurr hurr." A lot of middle management jobs are now exclusively for those with a masters.

If you're an accountant, then decide to get an MA in art history and finish in the bottom third of your class at a low ranked school, then yes, you've probably wasted your money. No professional credentials and likely edged out by your peers with better networking and internships due to their higher class rank in a fairly exclusive industry. But if you can get into a school with some importance, that pedigree will mean something.

Don't be afraid to drop a job you hate and go back to school, but if you're veering in a completely new direction, grades lead to class rank, which leads to internship opportunities, which lead to jobs. For engineering or medical students, this is a little less important. For law or humanities students, this is everything.

Brooke Shields

Patrick Tomlinson hates me because I am a woman
Forum Clout
School is for children, teachers, and pedofiles. Which one are you?

Ladynyahh

The Hasidic Homeboy
Forum Clout
All my coworkers are like $50k in the hole and I make more than them. Sucks to suck.

I'm probably going to buy an online college level art course this month that's only like $600 tuition that is 90+ hours of teaching. I'd like to do something with my art and do commissions on the side or go full time.

I did take one semester of college as an art major and realized very quickly this is a waste of my time, at least the college route.
imagine how much fawkin better your drawings of Anthony and Sue would be if you had completed that degree

Snake

Forum Clout
imagine how much fawkin better your drawings of Anthony and Sue would be if you had completed that degree
Drawing tranny cocks and Long Island niggers, in SPACE!

Yeah, I'm almost entirely self taught. There's a lot of shit I could clean up, which is why I was looking into it. I was probably going to buy it Friday.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Forum Clout
I failed to mention that I myself went to a trade school and got a "degree" in HVAC repair.

Cost me some money, but was paid for pretty much immediately. I didn't continue with a career fixing HVAC systems because it sucked. So I myself wasted time and money on some form of education.