Where we at with The Shield?

Even though Sopranos is still the best show of all time to me, The Shield is a close 2nd. Great story, characters, and pretty fucking violent. That final episode was fawkin brutal!

ThePepsiColaRapist

Dan doesn’t have a penis. I. Do.
I think the Vic Mackey character is a far more complex and interesting anti-hero than Tony Soprano. At the end of the day, I think Tony was just a narcissistic piece of shit; a big fat Italian baby who only understood his way. Vic could be nasty, cruel and borderline sociopathic, but the means served an end, security for himself, his crew, and his family. Of course, I haven't watched the show in over ten years so my perspective may change upon a second viewing.
All I do know is that actor who played the gay cop is in prison for killing his wife.

Udders

Crumbly feta is not God's Plan
One of the best shows of all-time. Whenever I rewatch, I never skip a scene. Every bit as good as Sopranos and The Wire.

Raymond

You will never see my penis
Got the box set this year and watched a bit of the first season. In one episode, there was a shoot-out at an album release party. Mackey looks at a dead black guy and comments: "Rumble in the jungle."

I'll definitely continue watching someday.

Ruizing

Brotherman
i remember reading an interview with the show runner and he said Vic always moves forward in life and in his mind Vic probably has a new wife and kids and a new set of best friends by now. So working an office job probably isn't the terrible fate for him that some people seemed to think.

Ruizing

Brotherman
All I do know is that actor who played the gay cop is in prison for killing his wife.

i remember he called the cops on himself after he killed her because their kids were in the house. he also shot her in the legs because she was a track and field athlete. fawking brutal.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
I don't know if I'd say it's the best show ever but it's up there. It does have the greatest finale and some of the greatest characters to be on television.

alkiefuck2

don't call me scarface
what would you have done?

c7e0064148bb6d36cbcee9d035a8384f.jpg

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
It's a hard watch for me because it's very dark, and brooooddddiiiinnnggggg.

But it's a really well written show. Most series like this limp to the last season, but that last year was really intense, and seeing Vic lose EVERYTHING at the end - and learn NOTHING - must've been a very "whoa" moment when it aired (I saw this years after, mind you). It's very rare when you see the main character have his whole life fall apart to end a series, moreso back then than now.

At least Ryan didn't puss out in the finale like Chase did. "Don't Stop Believing" indeed.