• This forum is dedicated exclusively to parody, comedy, and satirical content. None of the statements, opinions, or depictions shared on this platform should be considered or treated as factual information under any circumstances. All content is intended for entertainment purposes only and should be regarded as fictional, exaggerated, or purely the result of personal opinions and creative expression.

Please be aware that this forum may feature discussions and content related to taboo, controversial, or potentially offensive subjects. The purpose of this content is not to incite harm but to engage in satire and explore the boundaries of humor. If you are sensitive to such subjects or are easily offended, we kindly advise that you leave the forum.

Any similarities to real people, events, or situations are either coincidental or based on real-life inspirations but used within the context of fair use satire. By accepting this disclaimer, you acknowledge and understand that the content found within this forum is strictly meant for parody, satire, and entertainment. You agree not to hold the forum, its administrators, moderators, or users responsible for any content that may be perceived as offensive or inappropriate. You enter and participate in this forum at your own risk, with full awareness that everything on this platform is purely comedic, satirical, or opinion-based, and should never be taken as factual information.

If any information or discussion on this platform triggers distressing emotions or thoughts, please leave immediately and consider seeking assistance.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA): Phone: 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255) Website: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

Where we at with the Nirvana?

Monk

Faggy image but some decent music. Unplugged in New York is legendary, especially Lake of Fire and All Apologies. Not much of a Foo Fighters fan but they have a couple good songs. I like Dave Grohl because he's one of the few who gives Rush and Neil Peart(rip) the respect they deserve as being one of the greatest bands ever.

They’ve been overplayed to death and for 10 years every band tried to be them, and most did a really poor job. Because of that, people see Nirvana come on the radio and turn it off most of the time. The media took their style and ran it into the ground, which sucks because they were great.
Their Unplugged album is actually my favorite album of all time. Cover to cover gems.
Sure AIC was better, but I think its absurd to say that Nirvana sucks or was never good
I mostly agree. "Nevermind" has been overplayed to death but objectively speaking it was a damn fine record, as were their two other proper studio records. And their posthumous live disc was pretty goddamned noisy and, dare I say, "heavy". Cobain wasn't afraid to be noisy and abrasive in an obnoxious punk rock sort of way and I really respected that. One of their last tunes, "I Hate Myself And Want To Die" from the Beavis & Butthead soundtrack album was a wonderfully sludgy and sloppy piece of work that demonstrated how little they cared about "people pleasing".

IMO AIC may have been the most talented of those bands, but the heroin just ruined Staley, as evidenced by their somewhat lackluster third album. "Dirt" was the single most harrowing album from that entire scene, it's a masterpiece. I always liked Soundgarden too, although IMO they sometimes tried too hard to be "quirky", let's say. It's not a popular opinion but I always really liked STP too, IMO they were underrated and often unfairly judged. I was never real big on Pearl Jam, but it's not like I detest them or anything.

I mostly agree. "Nevermind" has been overplayed to death but objectively speaking it was a damn fine record, as were their two other proper studio records. And their posthumous live disc was pretty goddamned noisy and, dare I say, "heavy". Cobain wasn't afraid to be noisy and abrasive in an obnoxious punk rock sort of way and I really respected that. One of their last tunes, "I Hate Myself And Want To Die" from the Beavis & Butthead soundtrack album was a wonderfully sludgy and sloppy piece of work that demonstrated how little they cared about "people pleasing".

IMO AIC may have been the most talented of those bands, but the heroin just ruined Staley, as evidenced by their somewhat lackluster third album. "Dirt" was the single most harrowing album from that entire scene, it's a masterpiece. I always liked Soundgarden too, although IMO they sometimes tried too hard to be "quirky", let's say. It's not a popular opinion but I always really liked STP too, IMO they were underrated and often unfairly judged. I was never real big on Pearl Jam, but it's not like I detest them or anything.
Kurt died, and then a year later Layne was an inoperable skeleton junkie. By ‘96 STP and Pearl Jam were no longer relevant except for maybe a hit once in a blue moon. Everyone else other than Chris Cornell from that point on were complete wannabe butt rockers. Its insane how such a great musical movement fizzled out completely in like 5 years time.

G

Waaah! I didn't want you to make it sound like that! Yes, I'll still make more albums exactly like it, but I'm going to tell all those kids buying the concert tickets, CDs and t-shirts that I'm not in it for money and fame. I'm an artist!

Cobain strikes me as a complete faggot.

McGowan6

What did you think today was going to be?
I really liked them when I was 11/12 years old. Nevermind and In Utero were the first albums (CDs) I bought with my own earned money. Appetite For Destruction (tape) was the first album I was really into that I owned before that but my older brother bought it for me (cheapskate.)

Because of these circumstances, I will never be able to have an objective opinion about Nirvana or Guns 'n Roses. While I might be able to recognise that they are dated, gay and cringe, they're my dated, gay and cringe and so will always hold a special place in my guts.

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
Really enjoyed their music in my teens, although the older I've gotten the more I've started to feel they were a bit overrated. I think it's fair to say Nevermind was one of the best rock albums of the 90's and the Unplugged performance was fantastic. As others have said, I couldn't stand Cobain as a person. Just don't think their music has aged as well as others.

Same. Alice in Chains has songs that hold up, though. "Rooster" is the better song about the Vietnam war than anything from the '60s.
"Dirt" is one really fucked-up album, the darkest record of that era by far. There have been a shitload of tunes and albums about the descent into heroin hell but "Dirt" is the most harrowing one of them all.

AwfulManTitTankTop

"AnTi-swaTTing laws"
I love me some Nirvana. However I'm able to acknowledge what a complete fucking faggot selfish junky Kurt was. He'd go Out on stage and fuck up smells like teen spirit on purpose to really stick it to the hard working fans that payed to see him. Real nice. He left a daughter alone with a psychotic junky mom without a second thought. He was a damn good songwriter but I have zero respect or reverence towards him as a person.

Dirt by AiC resonated with me way more than Nevermind ever could. I saw them live in 09 with Duvall and he did a good job filling in. But nothing can match the strung out desperation of Laynes original vocals. Down in a Hole and Rain When I Die don't pack the same punch anymore.

Faggy image but some decent music. Unplugged in New York is legendary, especially Lake of Fire and All Apologies. Not much of a Foo Fighters fan but they have a couple good songs. I like Dave Grohl because he's one of the few who gives Rush and Neil Peart(rip) the respect they deserve as being one of the greatest bands ever.
Everyone loves fucking Rush, it's getting old. There are much better Canadian bands, namely April Wine, BTO, Guess Who, Triumph.

Foo Fighters are faggots and Dave Grohl is an evil piece of faggot shit

If you took their songs and reworked them for another genre, they would still be great songs. That's the test of a songwriter.

Dude could actually sing well(not that the screaming is bad). You can hear pieces of a normal voice on "Unplugged." Would have been interesting eventually hearing him sing some of that shit with a piano, going all Nilsson on everybody.

FatPatsBaps

Charming, funny, and witty, atalker.
Call me crazy, but I like the Tripod album more. 'Frogs' is darker than anything from Dirt, except Angry Chair maybe.
Yeah, the Tripod album is way darker. But I think Dirt is an overall better album. I love Sap and Jar of Flies EPs too. Fucking love AIC.

Have you brothermen listened to Mad Season? Layne's vocals are something else on that album. And I'm sure he wrote all the lyrics to those songs too. Good shit.