• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at with enjoying things?

ShutYourCakeHorn

Gassers/Say "Cookie" Alt
1_HnqKwvpyTdS0PsQjRRfFaQ.png

I guess what I'm saying is I'll listen to music or watch movies that were popular 20-30 or more years ago and still like them. I'll read a classic and agree that it deserves its near-universal acclaim. I'll laugh at a corny joke without being self-conscious. I'll hang out with people from older generations and have good memories of the experience. Things like that.

I guess what I'm saying is I'll listen to music or watch movies that were popular 20-30 or more years ago and still like them. I'll read a classic and agree that it deserves its near-universal acclaim. I'll laugh at a corny joke without being self-conscious. I'll hang out with people from older generations and have good memories of the experience. Things like that.
Do you dance like no one's watching?

Igrewuppoorina6brhou

Some great Iced-Tea
That’s exactly what I do! I’ll go back to the 30s with movies though. Real solid stuff. Back when America was great.

That’s exactly what I do! I’ll go back to the 30s with movies though. Real solid stuff. Back when America was great.
Right now, US popular culture is very similar to how it was in the late 1950s-early 1960s. Very conformist, albeit in a totally different way. Pop music is very disposable and geared toward hit singles, movies and television are very "safe" and geared toward promoting a specific value system. Subversion and dissent is looked down upon and discouraged. The difference being that back then the "values" being promoted were an Eisenhower-era American Dream post-war fantasy, as opposed to today's all-inclusive, ultra-tolerant eggshell walk fantasy. But in both cases the end result is the same, watered-down entertainment that strives to conform.