Where we at with da ongoing Ric Flair fallout?

Jim Norton’s Wife's Cock

Those breeches will stay open!
Vice released that faggy “Dark Side Of The Ring” documentary about “the plane ride from hell”, now every faggot on Twitter wants his head for allegedly forcing himself on women.

The WWE have apparently edited him out of a trailer or sumthin too. I personally don’t like wrestling and actually find it quite gay, but who cares if some drunk meathead was playing grab ass with some air stewardess 14 years ago.

Kim_Jong_Poon_

Yes. I had cyber sex sessions with Leslie.
Eye opening
Screenshot_20210921-214509_Gallery.jpg

EraGodless

Vice released that faggy “Dark Side Of The Ring” documentary about “the plane ride from hell”, now every faggot on Twitter wants his head for allegedly forcing himself on women.

The WWE have apparently edited him out of a trailer or sumthin too. I personally don’t like wrestling and actually find it quite gay, but who cares if some drunk meathead was playing grab ass with some air stewardess 14 years ago.
He talks about this shit in his fucking autobiography-- somewhat normal fans left wrestling like 10 years ago (maybe even 15 to 25 years ago). The fanbase has mostly been replaced by Reddit type faggots. None of the new wrestling fans that are in their mid to early 20's or teens could even fathom what wrestling was like during the Attitude Era, much less when it was a legit traveling circus when their were territories (especially in the South).

Just look at a crowd from the 70's - 90's and compare it to today's sterile environment. It's downright depressing.

Moving on, Ric Flair was playing a character that he eventually became. There's no discernable difference between Ric Flair and Richard Morgan Fliehr. And he seems okay with that as do the people around him (friends and family).

Can you imagine Reddit fan fags at this match at Comiskey Field in 1985? lol.

Last edited:

Slackjawed Cow

I laugh at them because they're all the same.
He talks about this shit in his fucking autobiography-- somewhat normal fans left wrestling like 10 years ago (maybe even 15 to 25 years ago). The fanbase has mostly been replaced by Reddit type faggots. None of the new wrestling fans that are in their mid to early 20's or teens could even fathom what wrestling was like during the Attitude Era, much less when it was a legit traveling circus when their were territories (especially in the South).

Just look at a crowd from the 70's - 90's and compare it to today's sterile environment. It's downright depressing.

Moving on, Ric Flair was playing a character that he eventually became. There's no discernable difference between Ric Flair and Richard Morgan Fliehr. And he seems okay with that as do the people around him (friends and family).

Can you imagine Reddit fan fags at this match at Comiskey Field in 1985? lol.

The NWA was underrated

EraGodless

The NWA was underrated
I preferred World Championship Wrestling that they had on Saturday at 6:05 eastern time on TBS. Must see tv-- I'd watch the WWF shit that was on at around 10am or 11am (I grew up on Long Island and I think WWF was on the precursor to Fox or WOR. Can't remember).

WCW was basically the NWA- it was so much more entertaining and had better matches on their televised shows than the WWF.

This clip is from NWA Florida wrestling (territory also covered Georgia and the Carolinas and a few other Southern states). This is one of the wrestling shows I could pick up late at night on Saturday- 12am or 1am. I had to use UHF to pick it up and nigger-rig the rabbit ears. Good times.

EraGodless

Ric Flair is very overrated, and it's only through Shawn and Triple H's fandom that WWE's revisionism has hailed him as one of, if not the best.

Scott Steiner is the real man, and he's accurate when he called Patrick fat.
What? Flair was pretty much known as the best by the early 90's as Hogan's Hulkamania was fading. I don't think anything is revisionist. In the 80's and 90's, Flair was one of the few wrestlers that people who didn't really follow it, knew who they were--

And perhaps some of his matches were a bit long, the dude could still go for 60 minute bouts and did it routinely. He constantly put over wrestlers and for his fame, he didn't have a huge ego when it came to promoting himself and the business.

He's also legendary on the mic and there's really no wrestlers who can approach him--

Riccardo Bosi

welcomes our new overlords
What? Flair was pretty much known as the best by the early 90's as Hogan's Hulkamania was fading. I don't think anything is revisionist. In the 80's and 90's, Flair was one of the few wrestlers that people who didn't really follow it, knew who they were--

And perhaps some of his matches were a bit long, the dude could still go for 60 minute bouts and did it routinely. He constantly put over wrestlers and for his fame, he didn't have a huge ego when it came to promoting himself and the business.

He's also legendary on the mic and there's really no wrestlers who can approach him--
On the mic, he's one of the best. No question. In the ring, his work was outdated by the 90s. Bret, Shawn, Steiner, Eddie, Benoit, etc. etc. all surpassed what Flair did. I think guys like Funk and Savage are better than Flair overall. Flair was better as an old man in 2005/6 when he would get the shit beaten out of him and he got sympathy.

In the early 90s, there was speculation that he politicked and sabotaged some guys' pushes, like the Steiners... Bret even wondered if Ric was trying to make their matches together not look good... it's all speculation, of course. In the late 90s he didn't have that much respect in WCW because guys like Hall and Steiner hated his guts... I don't think it's for no reason.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
On the mic, he's one of the best. No question. In the ring, his work was outdated by the 90s. Bret, Shawn, Steiner, Eddie, Benoit, etc. etc. all surpassed what Flair did. I think guys like Funk and Savage are better than Flair overall. Flair was better as an old man in 2005/6 when he would get the shit beaten out of him and he got sympathy.

In the early 90s, there was speculation that he politicked and sabotaged some guys' pushes, like the Steiners... Bret even wondered if Ric was trying to make their matches together not look good... it's all speculation, of course. In the late 90s he didn't have that much respect in WCW because guys like Hall and Steiner hated his guts... I don't think it's for no reason.

You make some valid points, but I respectfully disagree.

What you call outdated is probably the fact that Ric still wrestled southern style. Even his last real run in WWE, he was slower and more methodical than everyone else because he built the story. He was a psychological master. Shawn could be flashy AND tell a story, but Ric could get your more invested.

Has a change that Ric flair is a terrible human being? No. I've seen the laundry list of all the offenses he's done, he's not a good man. But I also hold to that anyone in the industry probably isn't. If I'm to go by talent though, I'd have to say he handily wins.

It's not a style for everyone, but the UK style isn't all that far off, so I prefer it.

Last edited:

Riccardo Bosi

You make some valid points, but I respectfully disagree.

What you call outdated is probably the fact that Ric still wrestled southern style. Even his last real run in WWE, he was slower and more methodical than everyone else because he built the story. He was a psychological master. Shawn could be flashy AND tell a story, but Ric could get your more invested.

Has a change that Ric flair is a terrible human being? No. I've seen the laundry list of all the offenses he's done, he's not a good man. But I also hold to that anyone in the industry probably isn't. If I'm to go by talent though, I'd have to say he handily wins.

It's not a style for everyone, but the UK style isn't all that far off, so I prefer it.
Well, we agree that Flair's a shitty person.

We also agree that his last run in WWE was great. He is a master of psychology, but that had more to do with being the older guy and garnering sympathy, taking bumps and selling them like death, etc. Go back and watch Hogan/Rock; Hogan takes a powder and leaves his back open, Rock goes and hits him... and the crowd turns on Rock like he's the biggest piece of shit on Earth. Those old guys are geniuses.

But for the bulk of Flair's career, he was working non-televised for the majority of it, and he wound up doing the same shit every match. Same spots, same formula. I guess that's okay, but comparing that to someone like Bret who made everything look real and organic, it's not even comparable. The saying went, "Flair can carry a broomstick to a pretty good match." Fucking Bret got not just good matches, but absolute classics out of Davey Boy and Diesel. Flair never would have been able to get that much out of those guys.

I could argue that if Vince Sr. went with Billy Graham as champion over Backlund, people would be saying Graham is the GOAT, not Flair. Instead, they only had Billy run with it for a month or some shit. Sammartino gave Billy his blessing, and he thought Flair was an overrated bitch. That's not me saying it.

The UK style does indeed rule, I'll agree with you there, but it's way more physical than the old NWA stuff. I love Finlay to death, and he would tear Regal's cartilage out his nose just to make the match look good. I like when that stuff is slower and methodical... the Flair stuff with the headlocks and the same spots in every match, eh... he was great when he was in his 50s and acted like he was getting murdered, I'll give him that.

Bret also did make fun of Ric for his over-use of blading: "oh there's that wrestler guy, cutting his head again." Triple H relied on that one way too much.

UnPRePared

Well, we agree that Flair's a shitty person.

We also agree that his last run in WWE was great. He is a master of psychology, but that had more to do with being the older guy and garnering sympathy, taking bumps and selling them like death, etc. Go back and watch Hogan/Rock; Hogan takes a powder and leaves his back open, Rock goes and hits him... and the crowd turns on Rock like he's the biggest piece of shit on Earth. Those old guys are geniuses.

But for the bulk of Flair's career, he was working non-televised for the majority of it, and he wound up doing the same shit every match. Same spots, same formula. I guess that's okay, but comparing that to someone like Bret who made everything look real and organic, it's not even comparable. The saying went, "Flair can carry a broomstick to a pretty good match." Fucking Bret got not just good matches, but absolute classics out of Davey Boy and Diesel. Flair never would have been able to get that much out of those guys.

I could argue that if Vince Sr. went with Billy Graham as champion over Backlund, people would be saying Graham is the GOAT, not Flair. Instead, they only had Billy run with it for a month or some shit. Sammartino gave Billy his blessing, and he thought Flair was an overrated bitch. That's not me saying it.

The UK style does indeed rule, I'll agree with you there, but it's way more physical than the old NWA stuff. I love Finlay to death, and he would tear Regal's cartilage out his nose just to make the match look good. I like when that stuff is slower and methodical... the Flair stuff with the headlocks and the same spots in every match, eh... he was great when he was in his 50s and acted like he was getting murdered, I'll give him that.

Bret also did make fun of Ric for his over-use of blading: "oh there's that wrestler guy, cutting his head again." Triple H relied on that one way too much.

Fair points. I do prefer Bret because he didn't oversell, which was always Flair's biggest flaw. Rick would do one hour Broadway's several times a week though - even Bret didn't do that. You build a pattern when you're working that much, I believe.

No contesting the overuse of blading. Dusty was guilty of that too, and I loved The Dream.

Billy Graham was his own worst enemy. Ric in the 80's could balance the gimmick and the work - Graham could not. He wanted to be like a true rock star and he lived it alright, to his absolute detriment. That's why he's still so angry (did he die yet? Can't remember), he knows he ruined his best chance. But Graham was Vince Jr's favorite, and that's why Vinnie built his own version in Hulk Hogan.

Riccardo Bosi

Fair points. I do prefer Bret because he didn't oversell, which was always Flair's biggest flaw. Rick would do one hour Broadway's several times a week though - even Bret didn't do that. You build a pattern when you're working that much, I believe.

No contesting the overuse of blading. Dusty was guilty of that too, and I loved The Dream.

Billy Graham was his own worst enemy. Ric in the 80's could balance the gimmick and the work - Graham could not. He wanted to be like a true rock star and he lived it alright, to his absolute detriment. That's why he's still so angry (did he die yet? Can't remember), he knows he ruined his best chance. But Graham was Vince Jr's favorite, and that's why Vinnie built his own version in Hulk Hogan.
I don't blame those guys for working long matches, being repetitive, blading all the time, etc. It came with the territory, literally, and they made a lot of money. I can't argue with any of that. I'm just saying that Flair wasn't the best. Dusty's another guy who was unstoppable on the mic, but his ring work doesn't have staying power. It worked in the moment, he timed his comebacks really well, but you can't emulate that unless there's a guy who can get the same heat.

Billy Graham is still alive but he's been sick for a couple of decades... but holy shit, look who he directly influenced: Hogan, Ventura, and Steiner. Why Vince Sr. stayed loyal to Backlund is beyond me.

UnPRePared

I don't blame those guys for working long matches, being repetitive, blading all the time, etc. It came with the territory, literally, and they made a lot of money. I can't argue with any of that. I'm just saying that Flair wasn't the best. Dusty's another guy who was unstoppable on the mic, but his ring work doesn't have staying power. It worked in the moment, he timed his comebacks really well, but you can't emulate that unless there's a guy who can get the same heat.

Billy Graham is still alive but he's been sick for a couple of decades... but holy shit, look who he directly influenced: Hogan, Ventura, and Steiner. Why Vince Sr. stayed loyal to Backlund is beyond me.

I think Cornette told the story, and I still laugh to this day about it. It explains that family and their stubbornness so well...

One of the other promoters told - not bet mind you, just made a comment - to Vince Sr. that he would never pull off Bob Backlund as a champion. Sr not only made Bob a champion, Bob STAYED THE CHAMPION FOR FIVE BLOODY YEARS. Vince Sr. just wanted to prove Bob could be a champion, regardless how bland he was (great athlete though).

Best of all, when Vince Jr. took over, and he pushed Hogan, Backlund wouldn't drop the title to him. So Sheik won it, and laid down to give the belt to Hulk. Vince wanted his Billy Graham, who Backlund won the title from in 78, and move away from his Dads perception of wrestling. It's why you hear him say with disdain "Wrestling was my Dads business - I'm in Sports Entertainment."