Where we at with 90s Nickelodeon shows?

I actually recommend watching some of the older Rugrats episodes as an adult. I've come across a few funny jokes that I wouldn't have understood as a kid.

Hey Arnold definitely is something I watch any time I see it on PlutoTV. It was the first cartoon that had that urban setting that I grew up in and felt relatable.
Hey Arnold i feel like was everything Doug wanted to be. It was one of the best slice of life cartoons ever made if you ask me. Great characters, relatable stories, and didn't ever dumb down it's humor or plots for kids and had a handful of adult jokes.

My favorite episode was the one where Harold, Stinky, and Sid think they blew up the police station and run away from home.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
Hey Arnold i feel like was everything Doug wanted to be. It was one of the best slice of life cartoons ever made if you ask me. Great characters, relatable stories, and didn't ever dumb down it's humor or plots for kids and had a handful of adult jokes.

My favorite episode was the one where Harold, Stinky, and Sid think they blew up the police station and run away from home.
Fantastic episode.

The one where Harold found that cat and didn't want to give it up to that old lady it belonged to made me cry like a little faggot when I was a kid.

DMAN

NYC Mayor
Someone mentioned Are You Afraid of the Dark (great canadian show) did anyone ever see this shit Degrassi on Teen Nick channel?

It's the most pozzed form of media I've ever seen, and it's for teenagers. Every gay character is depicted as an angel, and homophobes are always evil and ignorant.

There was even a story where a gay kid starts fucking his classmate and forces him to 'come out' to his homophobic family.

He demanded his butt buddy tell his dad he likes it in the ass, and he wasn't supposed to be seen as a manipulative nosey asshole. He was like the 'free and open' intelligent gay character trying to enlighten the 'repressed' gay kid.

The original 80s Degrassi is even worse, for its time. Typical feminist talking points packaged for tweens to be brainwashed and groomed -- Pregnant girls in high school are totally normal! Middle school girls should dress sexy, it's part of growing up! If your teacher touches you after class, don't tell anyone!

Someone mentioned Are You Afraid of the Dark (great canadian show) did anyone ever see this shit Degrassi on Teen Nick channel?

It's the most pozzed form of media I've ever seen, and it's for teenagers. Every gay character is depicted as an angel, and homophobes are always evil and ignorant.

There was even a story where a gay kid starts fucking his classmate and forces him to 'come out' to his homophobic family.

He demanded his butt buddy tell his dad he likes it in the ass, and he wasn't supposed to be seen as a manipulative nosey asshole. He was like the 'free and open' intelligent gay character trying to enlighten the 'repressed' gay kid.

The original 80s Degrassi is even worse, for its time. Typical feminist talking points packaged for tweens to be brainwashed and groomed -- Pregnant girls in high school are totally normal! Middle school girls should dress sexy, it's part of growing up! If your teacher touches you after class, don't tell anyone!
The only Degrassi I ever saw was a clip of when Jay & Silent Bob were on it. I never watched much of the TeenNick shit. Even as a kid most of it seemed cringy.

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

DON'T INTERRUPT ME CUNT
Eliza_Thornberry.gif

Always wanted to see this lisa simpson lite get killed by a jungle animal she was trying to chase.

She was always interfering in wildlife and demanding they "communicate" with her, no doubt wanted to get fucked by animals.
This is who she was modeled after in real life, she is a little long in the tooth these days,
LaiJw13.jpg
https://www.mireyamayor.com/

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Fantastic episode.

The one where Harold found that cat and didn't want to give it up to that old lady it belonged to made me cry like a little faggot when I was a kid.

The episode where he tries to plan out the perfect day was a great one too. And stoop kid of course.

I gotta go back and watch some of dem episodes. Sniiff.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Donal Logue!
I was too old for the Nickelodeon stuff, and it didn't really come over to Scotland until the mid 90's, well past my childhood.

But I've seen the classic cartoons through streaming means. I think the only one I enjoyed was Ricki's Modern Life.

Ren and Stimpy had its moments, but three episodes of that and I immediately knew that John K. was a very fucked up individual.

Oh, how little did I know then...

I was too old for the Nickelodeon stuff, and it didn't really come over to Scotland until the mid 90's, well past my childhood.

But I've seen the classic cartoons through streaming means. I think the only one I enjoyed was Ricki's Modern Life.

Ren and Stimpy had its moments, but three episodes of that and I immediately knew that John K. was a very fucked up individual.

Oh, how little did I know then...
Hot take, but I never found Ren and Stimpy to be that great.

bumbum8

It died on the vine
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit it's a rainy day and I already got dinner done so:

For animation,
Hey Arnold
Excellent characters, great animation without being too busy, great stories that hold up well, and they haven't yet beat the living fuck out of it. I liked the ghost train episode, the one where they have to chase Abner through the park, the one where they catch that bigass fish, and the fucking brutal Vietnam episode where old boy was trying to get his daughter back and the one where Oscar's bum ass got chewed out by damn near everyone in the building.

Rugrats
Same guy who did Reign The Conqueror and Aeon Flux and you can really see it in the older episodes. Some of them get pretty dark. That giant baby one and Chuckie thinking the toilet was going to eat him scared the shit out of me. There were some other good episodes I remember but I'll probably only enjoy going back watching them with my kid. Can't see doing it just for myself. I refuse to acknowledge the abomination they've created now.

CatDog
One of those kind of fever dream weird cartoons that I remember, but not as vividly as I do others. I can't recall the plot to a single episode, and I don't think I'll watch it again.

Doug
Good show, memorable characters. Beets are fucking gross and I hate that the show made me try them.

Rocko's Modern Life
Another really strange one I really liked. They slipped a lot of adult humor in and it's stupid obvious now.

Angry Beavers
This show was so fucking stupid and I loved it. I might even give it a watch soon, this thread is bringing up some old shit. I love slapstick done well and not taken too seriously and this one is pretty good for that.

As for the rest, I loved GAS, Legends of the Hidden Temple (especially watching the host look so frustrated with kids who would just fall into the water on their second step), Pete and Pete, All That, and Kenan and Kel.
Amanda Show was funny as fuck too.