Where we at with 90's Cartoon Network?

We had a pretty good discussion about 90's Nick going on yesterday, but where we at with 90's cartoon network? Honestly. Johnny Bravo is still pretty great. I used to love Ed Edd n Eddy as a kid, but went back and watched a couple episodes and it's kind of annoying now.

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

My name's Henry. And you're here with me now
We had a pretty good discussion about 90's Nick going on yesterday, but where we at with 90's cartoon network? Honestly. Johnny Bravo is still pretty great. I used to love Ed Edd n Eddy as a kid, but went back and watched a couple episodes and it's kind of annoying now
Me and the wife would bang when Space Ghost was on it just worked out that way after getting everything done in the day

DMAN

choke you to sleep, slap you awake
Ted Turner doesn't get credit he deserves.

Maybe arrogant to meddle in political affairs, but his accomplishments have endured.
Cartoon Network was just another brilliant brand he created.

People mocked him for buying properties and adapting for modern audiences.
He did more to pay tribute to history in American media than anyone else.

Everybody was so retarded, they taped over the Tonight Show every night.
But they bullied stupid mustache Ted for being the only man with respect for tradition and a fucking backbone.

How dare he have the foresight to archive history. What he did for film restoration, as well as the expansion of media was so obvious and precise that he was maligned by the powers that be, as insane or stupid redneck for "wanting a 24 hour cartoon channel."

Not to mention all his TV networks had the most classy theme and kino interstitials.

Haha, stupid Ted! He wants to buy film libraries, then buy a classic movie theater, and show "Gone With The Wind" every day! What an idiot! Really? Actually that sounds like the perfect idea for a theater, to show the greatest movie in history every day. No wonder we don't have any more Ted Turners and Ross Perots, and have to settle for urbanite cucks like Elon Musk

Look atcha now.

Cartoon Network, trash.
CNN, trash.
TCM, black women hosts replacing king Robert Osborne. (RIP)

Now he lives on a farm and theorizes that most people should just die off.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Ted Turner doesn't get credit he deserves.

Maybe arrogant to meddle in political affairs, but his accomplishments have endured.
Cartoon Network was just another brilliant brand he created.

People mocked him for buying properties and adapting for modern audiences.
He did more to pay tribute to history in American media than anyone else.

Everybody was so retarded, they taped over the Tonight Show every night.
But they bullied stupid mustache Ted for being the only man with respect for tradition and a fucking backbone.

How dare he have the foresight to archive history. What he did for film restoration, as well as the expansion of media was so obvious and precise that he was maligned by the powers that be, as insane or stupid redneck for "wanting a 24 hour cartoon channel."

Not to mention all his TV networks had the most classy theme and kino interstitials.

Haha, stupid Ted! He wants to buy film libraries, then buy a classic movie theater, and show "Gone With The Wind" every day! What an idiot! Really? Actually that sounds like the perfect idea for a theater, to show the greatest movie in history every day. No wonder we don't have any more Ted Turners and Ross Perots, and have to settle for urbanite cucks like Elon Musk

Look atcha now.

Cartoon Network, trash.
CNN, trash.
TCM, black women hosts replacing king Robert Osborne. (RIP)

Now he lives on a farm and theorizes that most people should just die off.

I do have a ton of respect for TCM.

As an old film fan, they're probably the only channel I really give any shit about, because they play good stuff, and license movies Warner doesn't even own. Classic comedy, noir, even neo-noir and sometimes Bollywood.

I pay out the ass to get the UK feed as I'm not going to settle for the Belgian one, but it's worth it.

DMAN

As an old film fan, they're probably the only channel I really give any shit about, because they play good stuff, and license movies Warner doesn't even own. Classic comedy, noir, even neo-noir and sometimes Bollywood.

I pay out the ass to get the UK feed as I'm not going to settle for the Belgian one, but it's worth it.

My father was autistic about TCM, AMC, History, Discovery channels in the 1990's and early 2000's. One day I went through his old VHS tapes, every TCM recording had at least 1 movie with a great blackface bit or some type of old school racist humor.

They still show everything unedited, albeit with disclaimers half apologizing for the content. Even a slightly modernized version of TCM with disclaimers is great value.

I gave History Vault a chance because I love documenchrees, it was bare bones at best and terrible. It feels like all these outlets hire tranny coders and incompetent women who just make horrible unintuitive websites.

I just miss the days of Robert Osborne being able to give a preamble about a good movie without mentioning race literally one time.

UnPRePared

My father was autistic about TCM, AMC, History, Discovery channels in the 1990's and early 2000's. One day I went through his old VHS tapes, every TCM recording had at least 1 movie with a great blackface bit or some type of old school racist humor.

They still show everything unedited, albeit with disclaimers half apologizing for the content. Even a slightly modernized version of TCM with disclaimers is great value.

I gave History Vault a chance because I love documenchrees, it was bare bones at best and terrible. It feels like all these outlets hire tranny coders and incompetent women who just make horrible unintuitive websites.

I just miss the days of Robert Osborne being able to give a preamble about a good movie without mentioning race literally one time.
I think he died right?

I remember hearing about how AMC used to be, and it sounded awesome. Again, old movies unedited, even movie serials like 1940's Batman. Now they're just a walking Dead station airing basic cable cuts of any movie they put on, they might as well be Sky TV at this point.

I saw that Classicflix restored and released the first batch of the original Our Gang on Blu ray, which I profoundly respect them for. You should support them if that's your kind of humor. They have tons of old movies, like the John Alton noirs and such.

DMAN

I think he died right?

I remember hearing about how AMC used to be, and it sounded awesome. Again, old movies unedited, even movie serials like 1940's Batman. Now they're just a walking Dead station airing basic cable cuts of any movie they put on, they might as well be Sky TV at this point.

I saw that Classicflix restored and released the first batch of the original Our Gang on Blu ray, which I profoundly respect them for. You should support them if that's your kind of humor. They have tons of old movies, like the John Alton noirs and such.

Yeah AMC basically started with the same format like TCM. Before they became a 'series' network, they used to just air The Godfather series back to back. I'll look up ClasscFlix I love little roku channels like that.

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

Years ago TCM was better when movies had apparent cut off year of 1974, once they started playing 1980's and newer it was shittier plus now its like united nations hosting, the only one have respect for on show is Ben, about ten years ago they had 21st Century Fox channel that tried to be a TCM but never was close i think newest film they would play was something like 1950

DMAN

Years ago TCM was better when movies had apparent cut off year of 1974, once they started playing 1980's and newer it was shittier plus now its like united nations hosting, the only one have respect for on show is Ben, about ten years ago they had 21st Century Fox channel that tried to be a TCM but never was close i think newest film they would play was something like 1950
This is absolutely true, it's actually sickening to switch to TCM and see movies from 1996 airing. It's fucking ridiculous.

I can understanding updating the rotation of an Oldies station with some 70s and early 80s tracks that fit the vibe. But classic movies are classic movies. "Oldies music" can change with the times.

You don't have 1950's branding in the intro and then show a dopey 80's movie. It would make sense for other movie channels. Not this one. And I hate being lectured by a stronk blaque womans before and after.

Cptbaldopie

I think he died right?

When I was a kid AMC aired a three stooges marathon every new years day. My dad and I would race to the vcr to start recording it.

Mr-Wrinkle-Paws

This is absolutely true, it's actually sickening to switch to TCM and see movies from 1996 airing. It's fucking ridiculous.

I can understanding updating the rotation of an Oldies station with some 70s and early 80s tracks that fit the vibe. But classic movies are classic movies. "Oldies music" can change with the times.

You don't have 1950's branding in the intro and then show a dopey 80's movie. It would make sense for other movie channels. Not this one. And I hate being lectured by a stronk blaque womans before and after.
Its going where Fox movie channel and recently Paramount movie channel, they ended up playing newer sitcoms

UnPRePared

It's kind of like Criterion.

I love the guys there, especially going back to the Laserdisc days. When I found out they recorded a commentary for Dr. No that pissed EON and MGM off so much that they made them pull it off the shelves and re-release it sans commentary - all because the commentators were speaking TRUE, UNFILTERED stories - they've had my respect.

But, I kinda hate when they slap their name on new movies. Benjamin Button? Chasing Amy (though I kinda like that one a bit)? Secrets and Lies?

I like when they put their love and effort towards the shit the big guys forget, like The Awful Truth, The Philadelphia Story, The Innocents, a decent Gojira Blu Ray, Cluny Brown, It Happened One Night, His Girl Friday, Kiss Me Deadly, The Naked City, Le Samourai, ANY Kurosawa film, and Bringing Up Baby (just imported that one).

It's why I support the Shout Factory's, the Kino Lorbers, the Arrow Videos, the Severin's and The Blue Undergrounds. Some of this stuff would be lost to time on rotting VHS... and maybe some of the newer ones should (seriously, who wants to watch "Nosferatu in Venice"?), but to leave the Cary Grant catalog in the vaults is shameful.

G

2000s Cartoon Network or get fucked. Courage, Ed, Edd and Eddy, early adult swim (mainly Aqua Teen and Sealab). Being born before or after your ability to appreciate those shows means you're a fucking faggot.

CuntFucker

#1 Poster
I've seen Space Ghost Coast to Coast... It had its moments.

Last animated anything I enjoyed on TV was Mike Tyson Mysteries. It was over the top and made no sense, but that's why it was great. And you can't go wrong with Norm as a pigeon.
le heckin' Norm-arino!

O-BLOCK NIGGA!

Ask me about my cock size
Cartoon Network definitely had a lot of great moments but when the millennial CalArts kids came of age, they came right off tumblr and right into the pitch rooms (or they were just headhunted right off tumblr itself), and took it all. In some cases, it was even handed to them.

It's all garbage now; all of it.

Dexters Lab was my jam. That show still slaps.

I don't remember if Ren and Stimpy was CN but I just didn't understand it or like it. Just seemed really gross and weird