Where we at wit da golf?

Jizz

i play disc golf and miniature golf but never gotten into regular golf. i want to take lessons some day but I have been so busy during the summers trying to train for disc golf and win the tournament trophy this year!

Monk

Anyone else catch Mito's meltdown? Double bogey'd the last hole to fall to -4. Fawwwkin' brutal. Zalatoris/Thomas playoff to decide the winner. Hope Zalatoris wins it. He looks like Happy Gilmore's caddy.

G

One of those things I’ve been meaning to do for probably 15 years and just never get around to it for some reason. Maybe this fall I’ll finally sign up for some lessons.

Same here. Anyone wanna chime in on the best way to get started? Just buy some clubs and go to the range or get lessons first?

Kim_Jong_Poon_

Yes. I had cyber sex sessions with Leslie.
Same here. Anyone wanna chime in on the best way to get started? Just buy some clubs and go to the range or get lessons first?
If you don't want to spend a lot to start, just try and find a nice 2nd hand set of clubs. Watch some tutorials on YouTube and go to the range whenever you can. After several trips to the range you should be fine to walk on a course.

If you're willing to invest some money, go to a place like Golf Galaxy to get fitted for clubs and schedule lessons with a pro

Jizz

me and my chick have been wanting to check out Topgolf. supposed to be expensive but fun, they have clubs and i think the sensors in the balls score the points for you.

KTuLTAC.jpg

Monk

Both are good sites for used clubs. Facebook marketplace and Craigslist are alright too. For irons, don't buy blades. Cavity backs are more forgiving and easier to hit. A lot of older clubs, especially what you'll find on FB marketplace and CL are blades.

aaabladesvcavityirons.png

Blades look like the club on the left. Cavity backs literally have a cavity on the back instead of being entirely solid. Whatever you do, don't spend a bunch of money on clubs right off the bat. Either buy used or see what your local big box/chain sporting goods stores have for adult starter sets. $500 should roughly be your upper limit on a full used or starter set. Better to wait to get good clubs/fitted clubs when you're able to consistently get the ball in the air. Hacking balls across the ground with an expensive set is just a waste and you'll regret spending the money.

As far as what to do once you get a set. A couple of lessons will get you on the right track. The Youtube route isn't advisable and you'll likely develop bad habits. With lessons, having someone there to instruct you and watch what's going on in your swing is extremely helpful. The more the better as far as lessons go. Most professional players have a coach who watches them and helps with their swing.

Will Tate

Oven March
My wedding was at a country club and part of the package we got was a voucher for a free round of golf for 4 that I never used and forgot about until now. I do enjoy a round in GTA online from time to time, that count?

I agree with those who said get used clubs.
A few lessons help if you don’t know anything about basic fundamentals. Range is good and when you feel comfortable find a par-3 course or a chip-n-putt if they are still around. Short game is key.
Don’t try and kill the ball or you will just get frustrated.
Repetition, repetition, repetition. Get a swing you can groove even if it is a little ugly and learn how to line up your shots. Most amateurs are not aiming where they think they are aiming.

A few other rules for beginners:
1. Repair divots and ball marks and don’t step in another player’s line on the green.
2. If you can’t play well at least play fast, and if you are holding up the group behind you, let them play through.
3. Don’t bother buying good golf balls because they will quickly end up in the water or the woods. It’s a waste.
4. If you get a hole in one, you buy a round.
5. The drink cart girl won’t blow you because you awkwardly hit on her. She’s heard every line.
6. If you don’t get your ball past the ladies tees, you play the hole with your dick out.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
A few other rules for beginners:
1. Repair divots and ball marks and don’t step in another player’s line on the green.
2. If you can’t play well at least play fast, and if you are holding up the group behind you, let them play through.
3. Don’t bother buying good golf balls because they will quickly end up in the water or the woods. It’s a waste.
4. If you get a hole in one, you buy a round.
5. The drink cart girl won’t blow you because you awkwardly hit on her. She’s heard every line.
6. If you don’t get your ball past the ladies tees, you play the hole with your dick out.
I want to get into it because it seems like the last place you can actually smoke cigars at. People don't do the fake cough bullshit after smelling a tiny amount of smoke outside on a course, right?

A Brothaman is free to puff away?

Chapel

Dirty Bastard
All I know about golf is my dad hates Tigger Woods because he got tickets to see the open at Troon. Went on three practice days then be told that the darkie cunt gets up and practices at 4:30 to 5am to avoid the fans.

I want to get into it because it seems like the last place you can actually smoke cigars at. People don't do the fake cough bullshit after smelling a tiny amount of smoke outside on a course, right?

A Brothaman is free to puff away?
I don’t smoke them, but I see guys that do, usually the old guys. The smoke doesn’t bother me, but some guys will put down their cigars to putt and then forget to pick them up, so there’s always a few bats littering the greens.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
me and my chick have been wanting to check out Topgolf. supposed to be expensive but fun, they have clubs and i think the sensors in the balls score the points for you.

KTuLTAC.jpg
I don't see a person with a wheelchair in this promotional photo...

Racists.

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
I hit the driving range pretty often since it's close to my house, but none of my faggot friends are into knocking little white balls into little holes 200-300 yards away and doing it again 8 or 17 more times, so I never get to play a round.