• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Where we at wit da eggs

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
Eggs are great for you. I avoid most of your average store eggs because they're grain fed, which is a cheap animal feed - grass fed is much healthier, and gives it a more orange yolk.

And yes, the yolk is important. Majority of your nutrients are in that, which explains why Jim looks like a bloated corpse.

Most mornings, I usually have three eggs with the bowl I make, sometimes two if I'm changing up calorie sources. I don't go above three though - like @RobertMewler said, food cholesterol is different from blood, but you want to vary your protein sources up, such as uncured no sugar bacon, grass fed and finished beef, and ocean caught seafood like sockeye salmon or even sardines. Just watch your portions, is all.

ANYONE CAN DO IT!

Riccardo Bosi

has janny powers
Forum Clout
A thing to mention about cholesterol: like it's been touched upon, cholesterol in food doesn't really affect cholesterol in the blood... well, it can, but not significantly: no more than 30% of your body's cholesterol can be affected by most diets. But the trick is, it is not healthy to lower your cholesterol through diet or medication, because there is only a correlative link between high cholesterol and heart attacks (which is bullshit), but there is a causal link between low cholesterol and heart attack fatality. Having not enough cholesterol is actually dangerous, not the other way around.

You also can't really raise your cholesterol higher than your body's maximum, because it just gets shat out. Any doctor who tells you that your cholesterol is too high is full of shit, because they don't know what is adequate for you as an individual. It varies from person to person, and your cholesterol levels rise and fall multiple times daily.

What causes blockages in the arteries is plaque and can be caused by triglycerides. Here's what Google says about it:

Triglycerides are a type of fat (lipid) found in your blood. When you eat, your body converts any calories it doesn't need to use right away into triglycerides. The triglycerides are stored in your fat cells. Later, hormones release triglycerides for energy between meals.

Yet again, the keto-type diets win, because fat converts to energy. Triglycerides are stored, and these are what cause blockages, not cholesterol. Blaming cholesterol is like seeing a car wreck block traffic, and then blaming the rest of the drivers who are stuck.

So, egg yolks rule and so does bacon and steak.

Niggers.

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Forum Clout
One of the few true super foods, along with steak, some shellfish and berries.

Indeed, you're correct.

A delicious grass fed beef steak, red pagonian shrimp, and blueberries - great for the body.

Blueberries are one of the few fruits that aren't detrimental to a keto-style diet, and can work as a standa... Standalone... Fruit.

Um...

TheRevAlJolson

Blackface Killah
Forum Clout
I've read the yolk is bad and whites are good
also whites aren't much but yolk is best.
Then both are good, also both aren't?

Someone here said they eat 4 hard boiled ones a day. Should i give this simple addition to my diet a chance?
I eat like 4-6 hard boiled eggs every day. Egg protein takes a long time to digest, so it's best to eat them when your metabolism is at it's slowest. I usually pop two of them in the morning right after I get up. If I've got a long project I'm working on and am stuck sitting at my desk for hours, I'll pop two more for lunch and finally two more right before bed. I'll do that plus: ~1 gallon of water, banana, serving of oatmeal, peanut butter mixed with granola, cheese sticks, yogurt, and whey protein after lifting. Sometimes I'll have a can of chicken salad w/ hot sauce. If it is a more active day, I'll usually sub out my lunch eggs for dairy protein, which absorbs fast. Something like two cheese sticks or even an extra serving of peanut butter. For dinner I'll have whatever - chicken, fish, any lean protein plus some kind of carb and fat. It doesn't seem like a lot of food, but it is. It's hard to eat it all some days.

I do this mon-fri, leaving my weekends free to go out and eat like a slob if I want to.

G

I’m not a farmhand so I don’t need to eat breakfast most of the time
Who said anything about breakfast. Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon is a delicious and light supper.

Monk

Forum Clout
I do breakfast food for dinner pretty regularly. Bacon-wrapped fillet reverse seared, basted eggs, and air fryer cheesy breakfast potatoes is fucking delicious and really easy to make.