Where does Redbar get all his money?

Similar to Hyde, I always assumed Redbar has/had a rich daddy.
Yeah, Joey Mattresses alluded to it (but only so far as saying "He looks like he has a rich Dad..." over and over again) but Mike D actually tried to run a comedy club before and ran it into the ground. Per this article, his only job prior to that was hosting the first version of "Red Bar Radio".

Once upon a podcast, comedians Mike David and Kyle Lane morphed from DIY radio hosts to successful comedy club owners in one quick year. On Friday, the pair toasts the first anniversary of their Red Bar Comedy Club with a nice ol’ roast. Local comics and friends will unleash the rollicking truth (and perhaps some falsehood) of David and Lane in a free show at the club’s Ontourage home. “Hand-picked by us,” says David, “these are the best comics of the year.”

As host of Red Bar Radio, David has been broadcasting comedy over Chicago’s airwaves for nine years. Lane joined him in 2007, when the duo noticed a gaping hole in the city’s comedy outlets.
It smells of someone who had a big enough safety net where he could just trust fund his way through a few business ventures, have a couple flop, and be completely fine with it.

hikomow633

How much could his set have cost, in reality? Maybe a couple hundred k. If he has just 10k active subs that's over a million gross per year. I'm sure doing this for decades probably gave him an opportunity to accumulate plenty of paying fans. He does upload his shows in pretty high quality and pays for his own bandwidth and doesn't run ads, but he also really skimps on the IT professionals since hes a (((david))). I think that last year of absence on account of his jewish sickness probably cost him alot of recurring subs though.

DMAN

NYC Mayor
Just curious bc the guy seems to be doing well enough to have one of the nicer sets I’ve seen on a show despite having his own kinda niche audience

Is there any details on who exactly he is? Does he have a radio background?

You buy the shit once and it's yours. Why does he have to be rich to have a good set? Compound could look like that if Ant hired a competent director producer.

That predates podcasts, hell even On a on satellite. How is this possible
Soundcloud and personal websites. The kind of shit where you'd have to actively "download" the show. "Internet radio" shows was still a thing prior to JRE and shit like that, there was just zero money in it so only radio-adjacent people who understood how to operate above consumer grade equipment (assuming one can get in in the city, amirite gang?!) would bother doing it for very long.

Hence why everyone suspects Redbar has just been handed free money for 20+ years.

Phish

Them boys would fly in the mud over my house
Soundcloud and personal websites. The kind of shit where you'd have to actively "download" the show. "Internet radio" shows was still a thing prior to JRE and shit like that, there was just zero money in it so only radio-adjacent people who understood how to operate above consumer grade equipment (assuming one can get in in the city, amirite gang?!) would bother doing it for very long.

Hence why everyone suspects Redbar has just been handed free money for 20+ years.
Didnt he go to Full Sail in FLA. Thats one of the best media/movie colleges in the country.

FingerofGod

Didnt he go to Full Sail in FLA. Thats one of the best media/movie colleges in the country.
Full Sail is a for-profit college and known to be a total scam. I’ve heard professionals will laugh at someone who has a degree from there because it’s known as an “I have rich parents” school and a lot of people go and don’t end up learning very much.

Just looked it up: average price of a 4 year Bachelor’s program there is ~$166,000. At UCF in Orlando (regular college) it’s ~$89,000.

Last edited:

Phish

Them boys would fly in the mud over my house
Full Sail is a for-profit college and known to be a total scam. I’ve heard professionals will laugh at someone who has a degree from there because it’s known as an “I have rich parents” school and a lot of people go and don’t end up learning very much.

Just looked it up: average price of a 4 year Bachelor’s program there is ~$166,000. At UCF in Orlando (regular college) it’s ~$89,000.
So did JD Harmeyer from the Stern show and he fucking sucks at everything.
You both bring up very good points. But JD is known as DABA so id be careful what you say

Subscribers and overpriced merch. He used to live in a cheap spic neighborhood in Chicago and his parents owned the condo so his living costs were very low. The sub price was always around $10 so over 20 years I'm sure he managed to save some. He used to be on a very cheap flat rate Vimeo plan too so his operating costs were extremely low.
No radio background. I think he did a pilot for XM but they didn't pick it up or he got in trouble for some n word stuff or some other BS.
The new studio is him overspending to flaunt. People found the studio and I believe looked up the rent and it was pretty cheap since it's Tucson.

Subscribers and overpriced merch. He used to live in a cheap spic neighborhood in Chicago and his parents owned the condo so his living costs were very low. The sub price was always around $10 so over 20 years I'm sure he managed to save some. He used to be on a very cheap flat rate Vimeo plan too so his operating costs were extremely low.
No radio background. I think he did a pilot for XM but they didn't pick it up or he got in trouble for some n word stuff or some other BS.
The new studio is him overspending to flaunt. People found the studio and I believe looked up the rent and it was pretty cheap since it's Tucson.
Got a link to his studio?

Also, is it true that he groomed his wife?