• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What’s the last good book you read?

kingship75

My huge-cocked pal stole my wife and PUPPIES!
Forum Clout
The stuff about Hart’s time in Dallas, along with the Jim Barnett stories, are great.

Attachments

• IMG_0699.jpeg
    IMG_0699.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 9

AliceWorquer

Fat bitch with faggot tits
Forum Clout
You'll be blown away at how a lot of the humor holds up and would even be considered edgy now. The misogynistic shit wouldn't even fly today. They'd be canceled. The movies are all great but you can probably skip Coconuts. It was their first movie so there's a lot of singing and dancing and shit. Duck Soup is widely considered the classic and would probably be a good place to start.
It's crazy how well a lot of super old humor holds up today. I've had more genuine laughs from rewatching old shit like the marxs or the three stooges or WC Fields than I have from any modern comedy I can think of in the last few years. Comedy now seems more than happy enough with just eliciting a smirk or a titter over the idea of how funny it potentially is.

AliceWorquer

Forum Clout
I have had that book since I was 15 and I have never opened it. Maybe I should.
I think if I'd have read it when I was first recommended it I would still be talking about what an amazing piece of literature it was. Recommending it now to an adult would be like extolling the virtues of infinite jest. It's a clever book that a reasonably smart 15 year old would be absolutely blown away by it, but don't expect it to change your life.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
You'll be blown away at how a lot of the humor holds up and would even be considered edgy now. The misogynistic shit wouldn't even fly today. They'd be canceled. The movies are all great but you can probably skip Coconuts. It was their first movie so there's a lot of singing and dancing and shit. Duck Soup is widely considered the classic and would probably be a good place to start.
Horse Feathers is my favorite but I love Duck Soup.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Forum Clout
It's crazy how well a lot of super old humor holds up today. I've had more genuine laughs from rewatching old shit like the marxs or the three stooges or WC Fields than I have from any modern comedy I can think of in the last few years. Comedy now seems more than happy enough with just eliciting a smirk or a titter over the idea of how funny it potentially is.
Check out Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin if you haven't already. Still holds up. Even Harold Lloyd makes me howl still.

AliceWorquer

Forum Clout
Check out Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin if you haven't already. Still holds up. Even Harold Lloyd makes me howl still.
Buster keaton was a fucking madman. The stunts in some of those old silent slapstick movies were so brutal. Something about the herky jerkiness of the framerate made all the impacts look extra violent.

Smeckler's Powder

Sweet powder eases the pain
Forum Clout

It's not as old as that stuff but I put on Johnny Carson episodes sometimes and his monologue jokes make me actually laugh. I can't imagine any current talk shows doing that, although I haven't seen any in well over a decade, only saw a few minutes of some late night shows at my buddies house and I was wasted and wouldn't shut up about what pieces of shit they were until they turned it off.

I started watching Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein on Halloween and that was making laugh.