• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What was the worst job you ever had?

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
You still wanna become a cop? 4 years is a long time bro, 2.3 gpa might lengthen your job search, but not by 4 whole years. Jeeez bro.
First, fuck no I would never become a cop now, Id rather off myself. And second, by officer program I meant military. I had to enlist because of my grades, or so I was told.
Pretty sure you can become a cop with a GED, if I wanted to do that I wouldve just done it 7 years ago

G

First, fuck no I would never become a cop now, Id rather off myself. And second, by officer program I meant military. I had to enlist because of my grades, or so I was told.
Pretty sure you can become a cop with a GED, if I wanted to do that I wouldve just done it 7 years ago
If you have a clean criminal record, your best bet is to apply for any and all jobs that require a security clearance. There are plenty of jobs that pay well that nobody wants because getting a security clearance and maintaining it is fucking annoying. My bro used to work for Lockheed Martin and they would take pretty much anyone with a pulse who filled out a job application because it was so damn hard to find people willing and able to get clearances. Some of those jobs are pretty cool. It's probably your best bet at this point considering your background.

NortheastPhilly

Shock Jock
If you have a clean criminal record, your best bet is to apply for any and all jobs that require a security clearance. There are plenty of jobs that pay well that nobody wants because getting a security clearance and maintaining it is fucking annoying. My bro used to work for Lockheed Martin and they would take pretty much anyone with a pulse who filled out a job application because it was so damn hard to find people willing and able to get clearances. Some of those jobs are pretty cool. It's probably your best bet at this point considering your background.
Im taking a fire department test this month. If that doesnt work out this time around, I’m using GI Bill to learn a trade like welding or carpentry, then just go from there.
I dont think anything with a security clearance is for me, even if I do qualify. This shit is gay

RobertMewler

Im taking a fire department test this month. If that doesnt work out this time around, I’m using GI Bill to learn a trade like welding or carpentry, then just go from there.
I dont think anything with a security clearance is for me, even if I do qualify. This shit is gay
I recommend the trades. They pay well and the skills are always needed. Being a firefighter is noble but it's a government job so your position is always at risk of getting cut due to budget issues.

G

Believe it or not there are welding/carpentry jobs that require security clearances. Anything with a security clearance is going to pay way more than the same job without. Just a thought, 4 years of college followed by 4 years of military sounds absolutely brutal.

G

When I was 15 I worked at a hardware/farm supply store that paid like $5.25/hr. The store smelled, owners treated people like shit, and the shitty florescent lighting reminded me of the opening from Joe vs The Volcano. There were times when I would have to hand load 50 lbs bags of manure off of pallets into pickups for the farmers in the summer heat (never got tipped once). I stuck it out for about a year though because most places around me required you to be 16 to hire.

Edit: I'm just remembering copying keys at this place. The fucking metal shavings from the blank keys would always get under your skin while grinding them down, and you couldn't wear a glove to prevent it either because the glove would likely get caught in the rotar and rip you fingers off. The other guy that worked in that department was some crazy alcoholic who told me "you just have to wait until they pus up and then you can get them out."
That's some great medical advise, "wait until they pus up" and your body ejects them lol. Niggers in Chicago should follow that after a drive-by.

Cptbaldopie

If you go into trades learn your trade of choice and make friends with other contractors along the way. Once you accumulate all the tools you need go to contractors school. It doesn't teach you how to build but it teaches you how to write out a contract then you have the option of going out on your own.

G

I recommend the trades. They pay well and the skills are always needed. Being a firefighter is noble but it's a government job so your position is always at risk of getting cut due to budget issues.
I disagree, governments keep expanding and every friend of mine who was a cop or fireman is retired in their early 50's with new side gigs, unless they've moved up and into command. You don't see many 80 year old former electrician's dying, it's all lawyers, doctors, teachers, accountants, bank presidents, cops and less often firemen. It seems working takes years off men's lives. I say get the easy government job, go to the Mayor's Ball, vote every election, and you don't need to worry about business being good, taxes always get raised to pay the apparatchiks, in the Northeast that is a given, in other places, it's still pretty true, he's from Philly so I bet that a fireman in some little South Jersey town is a sweet job.

G

If you go into trades learn your trade of choice and make friends with other contractors along the way. Once you accumulate all the tools you need go to contractors school. It doesn't teach you how to build but it teaches you how to write out a contract then you have the option of going out on your own.
I like the fireman route 1 day on every 4, do decks and small renovations on 3 other days a week. I know a number of friends who did construction and fire all did real well.

Cptbaldopie

I like the fireman route 1 day on every 4, do decks and small renovations on 3 other days a week. I know a number of friends who did construction and fire all did real well.
If he can get the fire fighter gig I would take it. Here it's 3 days on and 4 days off, but in southern California you can be spending weeks fighting bad forest fires and even dispatched to other parts of the state.

I worked as a mailman several summers in my teens, and the regulars gave me the shittiest route every time. Forty-six stairs with three floors each, while most of the others went on long countryside routes and probably didn't step out of the car a single time.

It was good daily exercise though, and I could listen to O&A the entire time.

G

Don't go into carpentry.

[MEDIA=youtube]xP0egqOivKc[/MEDIA]

G

Do plumbing or electrical and work in a big city like DC, you’ll bank it up. Even just general handyman shit.

I’m on an email group with my neighborhood and on an almost daily basis people are looking for contractors to do this work or complaining about not being able to find anyone to take a job or bother showing up.

Ive got a bachelors in finance and masters in business admin and if I could go back in time to when I was 18 I would never bother going to college and just have become an electrician or painter.

JesseTheGovernor

Access to the Debates
I was a bouncer/barback over the summers in my 20s. Can give some stories another time but being sober in a bar and watching drunk men try to pick up women or out-tough one another was just eye opening.

Also, middle eastern and Indian men are absolute rapists and need to be expelled from every bar in North America.

And women get in way more fights than I expected since usually when I was at a bar before I started bouncing I was just drunk and minding my own business. Women are also completely disgusting and it’s a total myth that women have cleaner bathrooms. They just need to be cleaned more often.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Worked as a laborer on a crew that installed windows during high school. boss was a skinhead who constantly ranted about black people and chain smoked joints and Marlboro lights. Used to threaten to "gut stomp" me until i puked if I told his "old Lady" on him for doing coke and similiar things

his brother got out of prison and joined us one day and he took off his shirt and had a huge swastika tattoo across his chest. Must have been very comforting for the family whose windows we were replacing...

Last edited: