• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What was Shane Gillis' show on Compound?

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
Forum Clout
All I know is that he had a show on there and while I know it's really obscure, it's still weird that no one ever brings it up. Anth never brings it up, you'd think having one of the most relevant names in comedy at the moment having had a show on your network would be talked about a little bit. Seth Simons is still dying to cancel Shane and he has never brought it up. I doubt Shane ever brings it up. It's just weird how it's never mentioned by anyone.

CorradoSoprano4

Forum Clout
From his wikipedia:
In 2017, Gillis became a frequent guest on The Bonfire with Big Jay Oakerson and Dan Soder, increasing his popularity. He also began a weekly show on Compound Media called A Fair One with Tommy Pope.

I have never seen a clip of A Fair One, nor do I know what it is about or who Tommy Pope is, which pretty much sums up every Compound Media show for me.

Last edited:

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
Somebody uploaded every episode to YouTube a while ago but they're gone now. It was a funny show. Shane wasn't there for a lot of it and when he was he was hammered and just wanted to like make fun of gore videos lol. His Philadelphia dingleberries would fill in for him when he was out and he was eventually replaced by comedy powerhouse Dave Landau. A lot of it was this one older guy calling in and shit talking Tommy Pope until he snapped and then the guy would offer to buy him a steak dinner.

I never once heard Shane promote the show on anything ever. People brought it up to him and he'd be like "Oh yeah" like he forgot. Someone asked him about Anthony one time and he was like "I've seen him one time and he doesn't know who the fuck I am or like me." I do find it kind of crazy that Nana isn't trying to claim that he put Shane Gillis on the map. He should've put a whole chapter in his book about that.

ChimpanZ

Fruit Loops, Cheerios, Pops, Trix, Cocoa Pebbles
Forum Clout
The comments that Shane made that got him fired from SNL were made on his CP Media show. That's how hilariously obscure Ant is; he was never mentioned in all the press that incident generated -- just like with the Proud Boys or Artie's arrest.
It was on an episode of the Matt and Shane podcast, I will find it later and post it

Forum Clout
Somebody uploaded every episode to YouTube a while ago but they're gone now. It was a funny show. Shane wasn't there for a lot of it and when he was he was hammered and just wanted to like make fun of gore videos lol. His Philadelphia dingleberries would fill in for him when he was out and he was eventually replaced by comedy powerhouse Dave Landau. A lot of it was this one older guy calling in and shit talking Tommy Pope until he snapped and then the guy would offer to buy him a steak dinner.

I never once heard Shane promote the show on anything ever. People brought it up to him and he'd be like "Oh yeah" like he forgot. Someone asked him about Anthony one time and he was like "I've seen him one time and he doesn't know who the fuck I am or like me." I do find it kind of crazy that Nana isn't trying to claim that he put Shane Gillis on the map. He should've put a whole chapter in his book about that.
Did he offer to meet at the Capital Grille GSP?

Forum Clout
All I know is that he had a show on there and while I know it's really obscure, it's still weird that no one ever brings it up. Anth never brings it up, you'd think having one of the most relevant names in comedy at the moment having had a show on your network would be talked about a little bit. Seth Simons is still dying to cancel Shane and he has never brought it up. I doubt Shane ever brings it up. It's just weird how it's never mentioned by anyone.
Most of the unlisted YouTube archive

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
This is the only thing you can be absolutely certain about. One of the MSSP episodes Nick Mullen brings up Anthony on a whim and Shane looked physically sick to his stomach with nervousness

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
From his wikipedia:

I have never seen a clip of A Fair One, nor do I know what it is about or who Tommy Pope is, which pretty much sums up every Compound Media show for me.
Holy shit, I saw Tommy Pope open for someone once. I talked to him for a while. Really nice guy but I don’t remember him being particularly funny, which is probably why he ended up on Compound.

TheGhostOfAbeVigoda

The Backbone of America
Forum Clout
Holy shit, I saw Tommy Pope open for someone once. I talked to him for a while. Really nice guy but I don’t remember him being particularly funny, which is probably why he ended up on Compound.
I don't mind him. His current podcast with Shane's other retard friend is dogshit though. Also, he's a faggot for being a grown man and going by Tommy instead of Tom. And also for getting blown by a tranny with Ian Fidance.

Forum Clout
Pope can be pretty funny conversationally on his podcast. He once suggested that the field sobriety test for someone riding a vespa/an italian is to make them toss dough like they’re making a pizza. I’ve never seen his standup though

JoeCumiawearsDIAPERS

DMANIAC
Forum Clout
I don't mind him. His current podcast with Shane's other retard friend is dogshit though. Also, he's a faggot for being a grown man and going by Tommy instead of Tom. And also for getting blown by a tranny with Ian Fidance.
I remember him mentioning he hated his old job which happened to be my job at the time, just at a different company.

We spent more time talking about that than anything LOL