What the hell is Mel doing?

TorqueWheeler

Dan doesn't have a penis. I. Do.
I feel like if the Santa movie was made in the 90's it would have been a cult classic and they could have done more with it
If it had been made in the 90’s it would have had a $90,000,000 budget and far more capable people working on it but yeah it could go down as missed opportunity because he does still come off as very likable in it. He could still very easily headline a lot of movies if people could just forget who he is.

I think he's reached a point in his career where he just wants to take on roles that will be fun for him and he doesn't have to spend a ton of time working for a quick paycheck. Cancel culture hasn't helped him either. I've already seen that movie with Mark Wahlberg he's in getting a ton of shit.

I watched Force of Nature which he was in for around 25-30 minutes. It's a piece of shit movie for sure, but I will say that Mel still gave it his all and made it watchable.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
You can’t get mad at him, it’s a nice pay day for very little work (couple days at the most) and he’s not trying to win an Oscar here. Plus with these direct to video movies they dont have to worry about the embarrassment of the movie flopping at the box office. The average movie person didn’t even realize Nic Cage and Bruce Willis were doing all these DTV movies over the last decade. Plus these guys don’t even watch the DTV movies they make, I know Eric Roberts who does TONS of DTV movies every year has barely seen any of them.

G

Is he going to start going the Nicolas Cage and Bruce Willis route where he just starts doing a bunch of movie where he shows up to set for a day or two to shoot some quick scenes that amount to maybe 15 minutes of screen time? You're better than this Mel. I really hope he's only doing these to get funding for Passion of the Christ 2.

[MEDIA=youtube]lGKbWUOVRoY[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=youtube]O_FWx79_GNs[/MEDIA]
Never make any single man your hero. Even if he is a six foot long donged anti-Hollywood persona.

I still think it's hilarious he is in daddy's gone 2 which is a family friendly comedy. Really tickled my ribs last Christmas watching him with my family just playing the phone calls over in my head