• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

What is it with washed bands thinking we need to hear more music than ever from them?

HotDogJoe

Professional leech since 1994. Anyone can do it.
Anyone over the age of 25 should be banned from paying guitar. It’s embarrassing.

I mean a lot of bands did their best stuff after 25 but I get your point. Nobody wants to see guys in their 50s and 60s still acting like they're 23. I guess the money is really tempting, especially when you were in a big band and there's tons of money to be made by reforming.

EraGodless

It's not even like the money is in albums anymore but touring instead. At least half acts like Queen don't pretend anyone is there for the new stuff. Same with the Rolling Stones. Don't think either album has done anything fully new in decades
Billy Joel hasn't had a new album of original music in over 30 years. Just rakes in millions playing the hits to boomers and gen-Xers.

G

Now this is how you executive songwrite! Incredible lyrics.

[MEDIA=youtube]A4E4MxoiaM4[/MEDIA]
It's kind of impressive the sheer amount of bad music Weezer puts out. 6 albums since 2019 (7 if you count a covers album) and it's all dogshit. I haven't hated every single thing they've done since Pinkerton, but it's been rough for a long time. Beverly Hills is one of the worst songs ever written.

Now this is how you executive songwrite! Incredible lyrics.

dork.png

Spoiler alert: none of those replies are "I heard the album and I envy your friend". (also cancer AND autism -- brutal diagnosis)

Even Blink182 is going on tour again. Nobody asked for that whiny crap to return.
I could almost let that one slide since it's a reunion tour of sorts after Mark beat cancer, but the idea of 50 year old dudes in Dickies shorts riffing about eating their dad's dick in a hot dog bun before launching into a sloppy off-key rendition of "All the Small Things" is pretty grim.