What do you think happens when you die?

The Talking Dead

I'm close to death! Hahahaha hooooooly shit!!
I'd like to think your mind plays some tricks on you to comfort you as you fade potentially but frankly I don't think there is anything at all.

That’s all I think NDEs are. Not to start sounding like Joe Rogan but I’m pretty sure they’ve done studies where they gave people ayuhuasca and they had the exact same experience as what people who describe their NDEs have.

I’m sure the people who came close to death and believe they’re going to some universal source of love and light after they die are genuine but that doesn’t mean what they experienced was “real”.

SquealersWheel

I was only jokin'
Man, I feel sorry for you nihilistic ass niggers. You probably think life is meaningless because you beat off too much and think your seed is just some biological byproduct goo that gives you a brief high when you excrete it. That's a piece of your soul. And you're supposed to implant it in a woman to bring life into the world. That's how life goes on. And when you die, your essence lives on. Even science with all of its short-sightedness claims energy can't be destroyed, so it has to go somewhere. I don't mean to be preachy, but you should really ask yourself why you think there's nothing more than this. These ideas are drilled into our heads by the population controllers so we don't transcend the human battery "live to pay rent and die" cycle. But God has bigger plans for you, if you're willing to listen to them.

I'm not sure, but one of the things I don't get about Christianity, or people who think it's a "cope" to imagine an afterlife, is that eternal anything is fucking horrifying to me, even if it's eternity in Heaven.

That's how they try to sell religion to you. "You don't have to die! You get eternity in Heaven!" but I don't want that... scary shit.
Don't worry too much about that. There is no time in the afterlife.

SquealersWheel

I was only jokin'
God’s non binary now? Based.

They/them.
Wordplay yuma :image_9248: Them being the plans, brotherman.

Or maybe the band Them. Coming to you live from Sixties on Six, it's Van the Man Morrison and his band of merry malcontents with their 1964 classsic "Gloria"!

aPSE9NGk_400x400.jpg

Nailed the post on that one.

Sue Lightning

Balconyster
Light turns off. That’s it. If you go out through a heart attack rather than shot in the back of the head and killed instantly you do have those “life flashing before eyes” moments. But its just nothing. Have you ever had one of those days where you want to sleep in just another hour. It’s like that forever. I don’t think this is nihilistic because it shouldn’t depress anybody, and it’s not like the natural conclusion to believing this is “SO LIFE DOESNT MATTER AT ALL!” It’s just that the time we have here is extremely valuable. I don’t want to come back to this place as another person or live forever in heaven. Existing is exhausting and i’m thankful I only get to do this once.

The Talking Dead

I'm close to death! Hahahaha hooooooly shit!!
If you go out through a heart attack rather than shot in the back of the head and killed instantly you do have those “life flashing before eyes” moments.

I agree. I like listening to peoples' NDE experiences because they're interesting but obviously you never hear about them from people who had their brain obliterated to mush instantly, whether because they got shot or were blown up or imploded in a submarine. It's always people who nearly died but actually didn't and they're brain and body were still in tact. I'm sure to them, that feeling of "seeing the light" and "feeling eternal love" felt very real but it makes sense that your brain would provide you with some comforting chemicals as you're about to die to make it less scary.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Is there onaforums in the afterlife? I hope
I think about it this way. Many of us were on the sub back in the Reddit days. Then we slowly faded away from “life” there, flickers being the scorch sub, etc.

Then it all went black. And now we’re here in heaven and look at the fawkin Manna we’ve been able to eat thanks to Pig, Jackie, Joe, etc.

We’re in heaven rn, boys.

Joe's False Teethers

Moo moo moo moo
I think about it this way. Many of us were on the sub back in the Reddit days. Then we slowly faded away from “life” there, flickers being the scorch sub, etc.

Then it all went black. And now we’re here in heaven and look at the fawkin Manna we’ve been able to eat thanks to Pig, Jackie, Joe, etc.

We’re in heaven rn, boys.
WWAWD Epilogue being longer and better than the actual book?