Watched Mulholland Drive (2001)

LiberalPussy

I used to jerk off to the lesbian scene and the brunette's beefers when I was a kid. Didn't get the movie. Is it worth going back and watching it properly?
FFBCB880-15A0-4655-AD81-0B67937240D5.jpeg

I like LH more than MD. Its still Lynchian but a bit easier to make sense of, and a little creepier like someone above said. Dick Laurent is dead.
Love LH. The Robert Blake character is one of the more unsettling Lynch things. The way he keeps seeping into the dream-like state is great

I don't know that I would call it a failure. At least not on his part. The studio forced him to cram the whole book into 2 hrs 17 min, and cut costs anywhere possible. I didn't like it the first time I watched it, then I read the book and watched the new movie. The new one is pretty much note-for-note the same as the book, but it's so fucking boring. Watching Lynch's version again, I actually appreciated what he was going for way more. It's a hell of a lot more memorable than the 2021 version.

Oh and I fucking love Wild At Heart. I'm in the minority, but I think it's one of his best.
Lynch is definitely too hard on himself about it. Despite it being a big studio movie, his style still comes through and there’s a ton of really weird stuff. RLM did a great comparison between the two. Dune (1984) is certainly more memorable and has more to say than the new one (which I did like)

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
I don't know that I would call it a failure. At least not on his part. The studio forced him to cram the whole book into 2 hrs 17 min, and cut costs anywhere possible. I didn't like it the first time I watched it, then I read the book and watched the new movie. The new one is pretty much note-for-note the same as the book, but it's so fucking boring. Watching Lynch's version again, I actually appreciated what he was going for way more. It's a hell of a lot more memorable than the 2021 version.

Oh and I fucking love Wild At Heart. I'm in the minority, but I think it's one of his best.
Wild at Heart is very underrated if you ask me. Also make sure you watch Straight Story don't let it being a G rated Disney movie that thing will tear your heart out.

G

Wild at Heart is very underrated if you ask me. Also make sure you watch Straight Story don't let it being a G rated Disney movie that thing will tear your heart out.
Oh I've seen it. I loved it. Been awhile, I might have to watch it again soon.