Watched Mulholland Drive (2001)

CuntFucker .

Danny Doll Eyes
It's one that's better on multiple viewings. Probably in my top 3 movies tbphwc.
The Betty and Rita stuff was only okay to me, the Diane and Camile stuff obviously ruled, so did the Adam stuff. The meeting scene was hilarious. Also kind of enjoyed the greasy blond killer who had Mewler eyes in the Betty and Rita reality... I'll rewatch it.

Can you name your other possible top 3 contenders?

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
The Betty and Rita stuff was only okay to me, the Diane and Camile stuff obviously ruled, so did the Adam stuff. The meeting scene was hilarious. Also kind of enjoyed the greasy blond killer who had Mewler eyes in the Betty and Rita reality... I'll rewatch it.

Can you name your other possible top 3 contenders?
That's a tough one. Really putting me on the fawkin spot. Maybe The King of Comedy not sure what else.

G

[MEDIA=youtube]kcXt3ufaLgc[/MEDIA]

Was supposed to be a TV series.
You can kinda tell when the movie switches from the pilot stuff to the new scenes that were written and shot for the movie. I'm too retarded to describe it properly, but the newer stuff looks just slightly different.

Is Lost Highway any good?
I enjoyed it, lots of highly memorable (and violent) scenes, but I was never able to put it all together to my satisfaction. "TP The Return" was my all-time favorite Lynch project, followed closely by "Mulholland Dr" and "TP Fire Walk With Me", esp. with the deleted scenes which make it way better IMO. "Wild At Heart" was not without its charms, but it was too long and I hated the ending. "Blue Velvet" was good too, but really creepy. Ditto "Eraserhead", which is a seriously fucked-up film. I do want to re-watch "Inland Empire", as it kind of flew over my head the first time I saw it. "The Straight Story" was OK, hit me too hard in the feels to watch again, though.

I was seeing a girl who was really into Lynch when I saw "Mulholland Dr" the first time. Then we watched it again, and when I got to the scene at the club with the blue box, it all just clicked for me and I was like "holy fucking shit, this is pure fucking genius".

CuntFucker .

Danny Doll Eyes
I enjoyed it, lots of highly memorable (and violent) scenes, but I was never able to put it all together to my satisfaction. "TP The Return" was my all-time favorite Lynch project, followed closely by "Mulholland Dr" and "TP Fire Walk With Me", esp. with the deleted scenes which make it way better IMO. "Wild At Heart" was not without its charms, but it was too long and I hated the ending. "Blue Velvet" was good too, but really creepy. Ditto "Eraserhead", which is a seriously fucked-up film. I do want to re-watch "Inland Empire", as it kind of flew over my head the first time I saw it. "The Straight Story" was OK, hit me too hard in the feels to watch again, though.

I was seeing a girl who was really into Lynch when I saw "Mulholland Dr" the first time. Then we watched it again, and when I got to the scene at the club with the blue box, it all just clicked for me and I was like "holy fucking shit, this is pure fucking genius".
Blue Velvet (1986) is my favorite of his films. I'll try to watch The Elephant Man (1980) and Wild At Heart (1992) over the week. Haven't seen those yet. Have to re-watch Inland Empire (2016) and Eraserhead (1977).

Is Dune (1984) as bad as they say? Lynch called it a "humiliating failure". Is it at least interesting as a failure of talented people?

G

Blue Velvet (1986) is my favorite of his films. I'll try to watch The Elephant Man (1980) and Wild At Heart (1992) over the week. Haven't seen those yet. Have to re-watch Inland Empire (2016) and Eraserhead (1977).

Is Dune (1984) as bad as they say? Lynch called it a "humiliating failure". Is it at least interesting as a failure of talented people?
I don't know that I would call it a failure. At least not on his part. The studio forced him to cram the whole book into 2 hrs 17 min, and cut costs anywhere possible. I didn't like it the first time I watched it, then I read the book and watched the new movie. The new one is pretty much note-for-note the same as the book, but it's so fucking boring. Watching Lynch's version again, I actually appreciated what he was going for way more. It's a hell of a lot more memorable than the 2021 version.

Oh and I fucking love Wild At Heart. I'm in the minority, but I think it's one of his best.

G

I used to jerk off to the lesbian scene and the brunette's beefers when I was a kid. Didn't get the movie. Is it worth going back and watching it properly?