• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Watched Halloween Ends

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
The very first Halloween by Carpenter is such a master class in low budget horror/suspense. Well shot, paced just right, not really overly bloody (barely bloody even), and everyone gives the right measure of intensity, even typical ham Donald Pleasance. Barring Leopard Man, Psycho, and the recent directors cut of Dementia 13, it's the only slasher film I happen to like, because it's the only modern one that feels smart.

But God, every sequel is rubbish. I'm sure I'll hear disagreement here, whether it be 2, 3, H20 or even the modern reboots - if one of you even defends the Zombie remakes, kindly kill yourself - it escalates the mindless gore and loses the tension. By 5 and 6 they were pushing supernatural shit. I blame Friday the 13th for giving them that idea, fucking hacks.

I can't bring myself to watch this new one. Maybe it is even serviceable, but what's the point? I hope it goes dormant like Terminator after Dark Fate - you've had 45 years to top the first and you've failed about a dozen times.

not that Jack Horner

If you saw me IRL you very likely wouldn't look me
It seems like the immediate reaction that everyone is having is hate. This is why I loved the movie. It is so fucking funny from start to finish. From pretty much the opening scene I knew how much the fans were going to hate it, so that quickly made me embrace the stupidity of it and have some serious loffs. I think there's a possibility this entire movie was a massive troll, because otherwise it's baffling. The director cited Twin Peaks as his main inspiration for the movie, and I can believe it.

didn't even know this was a thing till now, i will check it out on your recommendation

People loved the first Halloween reboot, and it was shitty and predictable, so if everyone hates this, then it might be good.
What was so retarded about it?

first halloween reboot was hilarious "i'm gonna fuck start your head"

was a line in the first 10 mins if i recall correctly

Cuphead

Formerly know as Fat Abbot
The very first Halloween by Carpenter is such a master class in low budget horror/suspense. Well shot, paced just right, not really overly bloody (barely bloody even), and everyone gives the right measure of intensity, even typical ham Donald Pleasance. Barring Leopard Man, Psycho, and the recent directors cut of Dementia 13, it's the only slasher film I happen to like, because it's the only modern one that feels smart.

But God, every sequel is rubbish. I'm sure I'll hear disagreement here, whether it be 2, 3, H20 or even the modern reboots - if one of you even defends the Zombie remakes, kindly kill yourself - it escalates the mindless gore and loses the tension. By 5 and 6 they were pushing supernatural shit. I blame Friday the 13th for giving them that idea, fucking hacks.

I can't bring myself to watch this new one. Maybe it is even serviceable, but what's the point? I hope it goes dormant like Terminator after Dark Fate - you've had 45 years to top the first and you've failed about a dozen times.
Halloween 3 rules if ya ask me, but yeah all the other sequels are shit except 2018

UnPRePared

For the last time, I am NOT Frank Grimes!
Halloween 3 rules if ya ask me, but yeah all the other sequels are shit except 2018

I give 3 some credit for being different - the producers/rights holders reached out to Carpenter again (he somewhat consulted on the second, if I remember right) and John had the idea to veer away from Michael Meyers and turn the series into an anthology where every movie could be different - an ideal concept for a series titled "Halloween".

And while there's some good ideas there, it's still not a good movie. It's rare for horror series to have more than one good movie - hell, most modern ones don't really have any that I'd call good - but when you're the one that started the template for the modern version of the genre, becoming something different was actually smart. Shame it didn't work though.

G

Sometimes it is better to let a beloved property go, rather than keep dragging it out with new players to diminishing returns.

Genesis_-_Calling_All_Stations.jpg

Udders

Great food
I've never been a big Halloween fan despite liking horror/thrillers/slashers in general. MM is just such an uninteresting villain, who is mortal and who should've been dead ten times by now.

WTF was this tag team partner thing? Is Cory part Michael? Was Cory always evil? Why is any of this going on? No explanation or reason for anything. Some fun kills as always though.

And Jamie Lee still has world class beefers.