Watched 28 Weeks Later

TorpidSloth

The first one was great. I actually thought the opening scene of the sequel was probably the best part - the fact that his survival instinct chose legging it over trying to save his wife and get torn apart too made more sense when his kids were introduced. The first one was better though and was a good example of how a bigger budget doesn't equal a better sequel. They're going to make a 3rd one. Danny Boyle and Cillian Murphy to return apparently

Jims_Maroon_Pants

Joe's Filipino Supervisor
The first one was great. I actually thought the opening scene of the sequel was probably the best part - the fact that his survival instinct chose legging it over trying to save his wife and get torn apart too made more sense when his kids were introduced. The first one was better though and was a good example of how a bigger budget doesn't equal a better sequel. They're going to make a 3rd one. Danny Boyle and Cillian Murphy to return apparently
You can smell the American enshittingment of the sequel

Toast

Zombie movies suck. They make more sense in fantasy novels, where magic and crazy shit exist and therefore make sense to have odd shit like Zombies.

How would zombies appear in modern society without other paranormal stuff going on? Only this specific type of undead rises? No Ghosts, Specters, or Spooks? No Headless Horseman appearing?

If you go the dumb virus route, how do they magically become the top predator with super hearing, smell and sense of movement. Oh and the apparent unlimited energy to keep moving without getting tired.

Why can't i find a zombie film with a Lich controlling the hordes? Missed opportunity.

Fuck

Zombie movies suck. They make more sense in fantasy novels, where magic and crazy shit exist and therefore make sense to have odd shit like Zombies.

How would zombies appear in modern society without other paranormal stuff going on? Only this specific type of undead rises? No Ghosts, Specters, or Spooks? No Headless Horseman appearing?

If you go the dumb virus route, how do they magically become the top predator with super hearing, smell and sense of movement. Oh and the apparent unlimited energy to keep moving without getting tired.

Why can't i find a zombie film with a Lich controlling the hordes? Missed opportunity.
I think zombies have an air of legitimacy to them because of that one kind of parasitic fungus that can take over dead insects.

TorpidSloth

I think zombies have an air of legitimacy to them because of that one kind of parasitic fungus that can take over dead insects.
Rabies too. If a person is left with untreated rabies for long enough, they're not too far off being like the undead in 28 Days Later. Some anthropologists have theorised that that's the origin of the werewolf myth prevalent in almost every culture. Man gets bitten by wolf (rabid dog) and turns into a bloodthirsty savage animal.

Toast

Toast

That is wild. This part was especially weird:

Not much is known about the lifecycle of C. exigua. It exhibits sexual reproduction. The species starts as a juvenile in a short, free-living stage in the water column.[2] Juveniles likely first attach to the gills of a fish and become males. As they mature, they become females, with mating likely occurring on the gills. The fertilized eggs are held in a marsupium, similar to a kangaroo.[12] If no female is present within two males, one male can turn into a female after it grows to 10 mm (0.4 in) in length.[13] The female then makes its way to the fish's mouth, where it uses its front claws to attach to the fish's tongue.

Imagine being trapped on an Island with another dude and because of that isolation one of you morphs into a bitch hahahahahahaha

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Zombie movies suck. They make more sense in fantasy novels, where magic and crazy shit exist.
They are good in video games. Resident Evil, Warcraft III, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, and so on. Even in fantasy like with Game of Thrones they had that zombie angle that went absolutely nowhere. They killed the zombies in twenty minutes then went right back to fighting over who gets to be king because apparently everyone hated the 'white walker' storyline.

Leonard Rhomberg

Who are you gonna replace me with?
They are good in video games. Resident Evil, Warcraft III, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, and so on. Even in fantasy like with Game of Thrones they had that zombie angle that went absolutely nowhere. They killed the zombies in twenty minutes then went right back to fighting over who gets to be king because apparently everyone hated the 'white walker' storyline.
Worry about the white walkers for 8 seasons when all they had to do was fawkin sneak up on the main one and poke him with the dagger and they all die

Hudson Margera-Hughes

Heyyyy, HELLHOLE ADLsters...
Well that is interesting. I looked up the first google article i could find on this subject.

Nothing close to the fictional zombies portrayed, but fascinating stuff regardless.
Check out The Zombie Snails. Those niglets are off the charts fucked up... And quite colorful for how dastardly those lil kikes are! Glow worm heebs.

Attachments

• 1_0rLTzJNOqzyu7z8oUItPXw.png
    1_0rLTzJNOqzyu7z8oUItPXw.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 10