Video Game Thread

I got a PS5 during launch, but I have yet to find any games for it that are really worth playing. I got Far Cry 6 recently, but it's pretty much just the same shit as the last 2 games and got boring real quick. The new Battlefield was fucking horrible.
Whenever a new system comes out it always takes like 2-3 years for it to start getting some actual good games. I remember the same thing with the PS4. It came out in 2013 but there wasn't any good shit to play until like 2015.

RedHeadpw2

Fan of the Era
US, I’m got a 4.0 and 6.0 line up that I switch between. I have the most fun playing in that range. Do you play yourself brotherman?
Cool. Yeah I play, but I have to be in the right mood. Then I grind vehicles like a faggot over 2-3 weeks or more. I prefer 2.3 to 4.0 BR for US Air and 3.0 to 5.0 for German Air. US, German, Brit, and French Tanks at anywhere above 2.0 up to 7.7, I reckon.

FrogmanKurlan

Kill a commie for mommy, awright
Cool. Yeah I play, but I have to be in the right mood. Then I grind vehicles like a faggot over 2-3 weeks or more. I prefer 2.3 to 4.0 BR for US Air and 3.0 to 5.0 for German Air. US, German, Brit, and French Tanks at anywhere above 2.0 up to 7.7, I reckon.
I dig it. I like to play the realistic ground battles. The dog fights seem more satisfying because they can directly impact the game on the ground.

alkiefuck2

don't call me scarface
In 2022 does an online competitive multiplayer game exist that is not a battle royal, and does not have gay loot crate type bullshit embedded in it? I've really been wanting to drink excessively while playing a casual online FPS game, namely something like Halo, where you could play Slayer, Slayer, Slayer, switch it up to CTF or KOTH, and have no issue in getting a match. But it seems games have passed me by *sniff*. I tried MCC, but the server browser is full of shitty modded maps and game modes.

Any brothermen play any kind of online multiplayer games? I'd try other shit too. I am honestly even thinking about COD at this point (which one?). I remember enjoying L4D when it came out, but I'm not going into a 10+ year old game at this point with a presumably small autistic community.
i can't think of any, i miss that era of cod4, halo 3, gears1+2 online.
only online shit i play is quake live and cs go but i'm shit at both so hardly bother

Monk

Super Mega Baseball 3 was on sale the other day and it's pretty fucking great. Still annoyed that The Show hasn't come to PC. Also picked up NBA 2K22 on sale and the MyLeague mode is decent. Fuck that MyTeam shit though.

Been thinking about buying a VR headset for Digital Combat Simulator and the newest Flight Simulator. I've already got a decent stick/throttle.

i can't think of any, i miss that era of cod4, halo 3, gears1+2 online.
only online shit i play is quake live and cs go but i'm shit at both so hardly bother
Funny you mention Quake Live, because I play that too while being a major shitter.

I remember getting into the "new" Unreal Tournament. Too bad it was 8 years ago and appears to be completely abandoned now. Guessing Fortnite killed it.

alkiefuck2

don't call me scarface
Funny you mention Quake Live, because I play that too while being a major shitter.

I remember getting into the "new" Unreal Tournament. Too bad it was 8 years ago and appears to be completely abandoned now. Guessing Fortnite killed it.
quake champions might be worth a look if you like arena shooters, it's got a gay "hero" mechanic but seems alright. quake live is also decently populated

CutesyMissy

"... radio's most notorious shock jock."
Got Hitman Trilogy on sale a few months back.

And holy fuck!
It's just classic level after classic level.

The story is just a sequence of "kill they ass because of this", pamphlets that wouldn't be out of place in a Brazzers production.

But then they drop you in Paris to kill a faggot and his cunty beard of a wife. You see massive levels of security to get to those assholes, start walking and experimenting with the level and get hooked (maybe I'm a retarded creep) by fucking up and disorienting the A.I.

After having a Ps3 as my last console I forgot there are actually games that are games and not just interactive movies.

Former Prez Gerald Ford

Come over and we’ll have nachos. And some beer.
Not a big gamer but do play sometimes. Rockstar are basically making the same game over and over again in different settings but I’m all in. Enjoyed the last of us.. its tragic what happened with the sequel but not surprising. Other than that if im going to sit down and play a game it’s an RPG on either a 16 bit dinosaur like SNES or something on PS1. Chrono trigger, secret of mana, Super Mario RPG. I’m still waiting for a game that can top the epic and unrivaled gameplay of Final Fantasy 7. I can still remember crying as a 12 year old when they killed off Aeris (im gay). I refuse to play the remake because it’s such an obvious and cynical cash grab. Millennials are dumb and will throw money at literally anything to try and recapture a piece of their youth. Just go back and play the original you stupid faggots.

Super Mega Baseball 3 was on sale the other day and it's pretty fucking great. Still annoyed that The Show hasn't come to PC. Also picked up NBA 2K22 on sale and the MyLeague mode is decent. Fuck that MyTeam shit though.

Been thinking about buying a VR headset for Digital Combat Simulator and the newest Flight Simulator. I've already got a decent stick/throttle.
All in with the NBA 2k. You should check out 2k Popboy on YouTube. He autisticly tweaks the sliders every year until he gets the game playing as realistic as possible.

CutesyMissy

"... radio's most notorious shock jock."
Not a big gamer but do play sometimes. Rockstar are basically making the same game over and over again in different settings but I’m all in. Enjoyed the last of us.. its tragic what happened with the sequel but not surprising. Other than that if im going to sit down and play a game it’s an RPG on either a 16 bit dinosaur like SNES or something on PS1. Chrono trigger, secret of mana, Super Mario RPG. I’m still waiting for a game that can top the epic and unrivaled gameplay of Final Fantasy 7. I can still remember crying as a 12 year old when they killed off Aeris (im gay). I refuse to play the remake because it’s such an obvious and cynical cash grab. Millennials are dumb and will throw money at literally anything to try and recapture a piece of their youth. Just go back and play the original you stupid faggots.
FF VII was really epic, but the gameplay is box-standard JRPG. Yes, there were a lot of minigames and interactivity. But the story, to me, was what carried the experience for the most part.

It also hasn't aged particularly well, visually doesn't hold a candle to even SNES JRPG's. And gameplay wise, even EarthBound or Paper Mario have better turn-based mechanics.

And let's not even compare it to something like NiNo Kuni or Persona.

I hate hack remakes too (except RE2make, that's tighter than Fatima Diame's ass), but PS1 games generally age like Anthony.

aRTie02150

STEP OFF!
i just dont get what the game is all about, is there an objective or you just build shit?
If you want. Or you can do the little built in quest that's there. It's unlimited exploration in the end.

This video is quick and to the point.

That video is not really up to date with the different dimensions you can enter.

Explained here

I'm a faggot

Last edited:
Swat 4 if you got a pc brothaman, shits like ten bucks. awesome game, every level has increasingly harder missions where you gotta save hostages or defuse bombs or both and the cool part is every time you fail a mission and restart every NPC gets randomized to different areas so you never know what to expect, keeps it fawkin fresh

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
Swat 4 if you got a pc brothaman, shits like ten bucks. awesome game, every level has increasingly harder missions where you gotta save hostages or defuse bombs or both and the cool part is every time you fail a mission and restart every NPC gets randomized to different areas so you never know what to expect, keeps it fawkin fresh
The SWAT series slaps. Even the top down originals have a charm to them.