Up your steak game, brothamen.

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
Reverse sear that shit
sometimes I do the pretentious faggoty butter/rosemary/garlic in the pan and baste that bitch
I only reverse sear if it's a really thick cut.

Basting isn't faggoty, it should be called BASEDing because you can let the steak rest IN BUTTER which keeps it juicy as fuck. Only ingredient I'd add is thyme; I use minimum rosemary but a lot of thyme, really goes so much better with meat. Italians I've known let butter melt over their resting steaks with parsley in it, which I haven't tried but sounds good.

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
Sear it on the stove in a HOT cast-iron pan, and toss it in the oven for about five minutes to finish it off.
yes

You buy one of those two-part cookie sheet-type gimmicks (it has a pan part, and a grill gate part), and buy a beef thermometer, and a cast iron pan

from there, the TL/DR version of reverse sear is
- bake steak in oven until it is 10 degrees less than your desired temperature
- when the steak is in the oven, you want to get that cast iron on the stove top, and AS FAWKING hot as possible....warning- open windows if you live in an apartment with smoke detector
- when the steak is at that temperature, put butter in the pan, and then (this is the fun part) the steak goes in the pan.....you only have to do 1 minute each side (maybe 1 and half minutes if it's a really thick cut)

TL/DR part 2- just youtube it

johnnynoname

it should be called BASEDing
homer run, cumia.....

I think people think that if they see clips on IG of something than it is automatically "gay" because most steak videos on IG (rather a lot of videos on Steak-IG) feature butter basting

question- how can a video with steak, and butter ever be gay? that video could involve steak, butter, and Liberace's rectum and it still wouldn't be gay

Uncle Floyd

Nice try, Floyd.
You think they sell that brand in Poland? In any case, I know we sell cast iron at the big shopping center near my apartment. Sunday steak night with a nice red wine sounds pretty fawkin’ good
That thingll last you the rest of your life if you treat it right. Search youtube on how to season the pan once you get it. Cast iron requires a bit more care than a normal non-stick pan.

johnnynoname

That thingll last you the rest of your life if you treat it right. Search youtube on how to season the pan once you get it. Cast iron requires a bit more care than a normal non-stick pan.
do you think that "non cast iron people" don't buy one because, for some odd reason, they think Cast Iron's are "high maintenance"?

I usually think the reason has to do with them having weak wall hooks

I usually buy cheap steak cuts and either chasseur or break it down into a stroganoff. I'd buy a steak when I'm out but I wouldn't pretend I'm good enough to do a porterhouse justice at home.

G

I only reverse sear if it's a really thick cut.

Basting isn't faggoty, it should be called BASEDing because you can let the steak rest IN BUTTER which keeps it juicy as fuck. Only ingredient I'd add is thyme; I use minimum rosemary but a lot of thyme, really goes so much better with meat. Italians I've known let butter melt over their resting steaks with parsley in it, which I haven't tried but sounds good.
With you on the thyme. The pad of butter with parsley (and lemon juice, salt and pepper) is Buerre maître d'-hôtel, to give it it's full faggot French name. It does take steak to the next level tbf