Twin Peaks (1990 - 2017)

G

Or Windom Earle's wacky costumes. The original got real bad, real fast.

Like when Cooper and "Laura" were silently driving for five minutes with ten minutes left to go. "How on Earth will he ever wrap this up?". Exactly the point. Lynch toys with the viewer, like a cat torturing a mouse.
I liked Windom Earle as a character, but the costumes and shit with Leo was gay and pointless. I almost would have preferred they never show Earle, and kept him an invisible antagonist to Cooper.

I liked Windom Earle as a character, but the costumes and shit with Leo was gay and pointless. I almost would have preferred they never show Earle, and kept him an invisible antagonist to Cooper.
The scene with Donna was genuinely creepy, but the rest of Earle's antics were kind of dumb and cartoonish. I wasn't a huge Annie fan, either. The scene where she's on the rowboat with Cooper is pure cringe.

G

The scene with Donna was genuinely creepy, but the rest of Earle's antics were kind of dumb and cartoonish. I wasn't a huge Annie fan, either. The scene where she's on the rowboat with Cooper is pure cringe.
I was so glad they didn't revisit fucking Annie in season 3. They only wrote her in because Lara Flynn Boyle was dating Kyle Maclachlan and made a big deal about him getting with Audrey. Hence the Billy Zane bullshit.

I was so glad they didn't revisit fucking Annie in season 3. They only wrote her in because Lara Flynn Boyle was dating Kyle Maclachlan and made a big deal about him getting with Audrey. Hence the Billy Zane bullshit.
Oh yeah, I always forget about Billy Zane. Jesus that was awful. Everyone remembers James and Evelyn, Civil War Ben, Super-Nadine and Earle, but there's also Billy Zane, Miss Twin Peaks, and shitty Annie too. The non-Lynch episodes tried so, so hard to be weird and off-kilter, and they failed miserably at that.

Ever see Lynch/Frost's "On The Air"? It was like "Freddy Got Fingered", this huge "fuck you" to the TV industry. At least that's how I saw it. It's easily one of the dumbest, most cringingly awful things I've ever seen, much much worse than even the worst season two TP episodes, and there's just no way it wasn't intentional.

G

Oh yeah, I always forget about Billy Zane. Jesus that was awful. Everyone remembers James and Evelyn, Civil War Ben, Super-Nadine and Earle, but there's also Billy Zane, Miss Twin Peaks, and shitty Annie too. The non-Lynch episodes tried so, so hard to be weird and off-kilter, and they failed miserably at that.

Ever see Lynch/Frost's "On The Air"? It was like "Freddy Got Fingered", this huge "fuck you" to the TV industry. At least that's how I saw it. It's easily one of the dumbest, most cringingly awful things I've ever seen, much much worse than even the worst season two TP episodes, and there's just no way it wasn't intentional.
I haven't seen that. I'd like to get ahold of it and the short-lived Lynch HBO show "Hotel Room."

I haven't seen that. I'd like to get ahold of it and the short-lived Lynch HBO show "Hotel Room."
It's eight episodes and I've only seen them once. It's a satirical show about a fictional TV network (which is run by a literal duck). The guy who played Squiggy (and Pinkus on TP) is the executive, who speaks in an almost unintelligible accent. The guy who played Dick Tremaine is the star, who constantly gets outshone by a really stupid girl who blunders her way to success. And it's just unbelievably stupid, to a degree where no sane person could possibly find it genuinely amusing. It had to have been an elaborate troll, there's just no other explanation.