Twin Peaks (1990 - 2017)

G

Never say never. [URL]https://twinpeaks.fandom.com/wiki/Roger_Hardy[/URL]

The only other black character I remember is an evil spirit from the Black Lodge though [URL]https://twinpeaks.fandom.com/wiki/Jumping_man[/URL]

There were a few. There was that one Mountie guy in the original. There was the clerk at the Great Northern, who played the doctor who examined Cooper when he came out of his Dougie coma thing. I think that Seal guy was in the scene in The Return when the little boy got run over by Richard Horne's truck. And the old announcer guy at the Roadhouse. But in general, nah. And both shows were better for it. Lynch has no use for fat sassy black chicks or Bojangles-type rapper assholes. Plus he featured a tranny long before such things were fashionable (David Duchovny) so he gets a "woke pass".

The Arm

Fire stalk with me.
Things changed in Vegas. Jade give two rides.

jade.jpg

I was worried when she showed up in that show but when it boiled down to just a hooker a howled.
Totally forgot about Jade. God that Dougie was hilarious. And even though he was ultimately useless, Richard Horne was fucking hysterical. That scene where he roughs up and robs his grandmother had me howling.

G

Got halfway through the third season. Is it worth finishing? I liked aspects of it (the atomic bomb flashback was cool) but got sidetracked and didn't pick it back up. The weird shit is interesting at times although it's a lot less coherent than the original.

G

Got halfway through the third season. Is it worth finishing? I liked aspects of it (the atomic bomb flashback was cool) but got sidetracked and didn't pick it back up. The weird shit is interesting at times although it's a lot less coherent than the original.
I think it's worth it. There's a lot of locations and characters, and stuff that doesn't seem to make sense, but it starts pulling everything together towards the end. Don't expect a cut and dried explanation for everything, but I think it resolves itself nicely. Also the very last episode is maybe my favorite thing Lynch has ever done.

I think it's worth it. There's a lot of locations and characters, and stuff that doesn't seem to make sense, but it starts pulling everything together towards the end. Don't expect a cut and dried explanation for everything, but I think it resolves itself nicely. Also the very last episode is maybe my favorite thing Lynch has ever done.
IMO it was a total deconstruction of the original TP and of TV dramas themselves. For most of the season, the male lead was literally a wandering, muttering retard. Then, after what appears to be a huge climactic moment of resolution, the whole thing veers off into surrealism so twisted and weird it just leaves you slack-jawed.

G

IMO it was a total deconstruction of the original TP and of TV dramas themselves. For most of the season, the male lead was literally a wandering, muttering retard. Then, after what appears to be a huge climactic moment of resolution, the whole thing veers off into surrealism so twisted and weird it just leaves you slack-jawed.
It was pretty much the opposite of nostalgia bait. Sure there's a few moments, but they're all earned. The first couple episodes threw me off so hard that I had to readjust my brain after that. It's David Lynch, of course he's not gonna give it the Disney treatment. The season 2 finale and Fire Walk With Me really set you up for what's coming next.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was pretty much the opposite of nostalgia bait. Sure there's a few moments, but they're all earned. The first couple episodes threw me off so hard that I had readjust my brain after that. It's David Lynch, of course he's not gonna give it the Disney treatment. The season 2 finale and Fire Walk With Me really set you up for what's coming next.
The way he returned and salvaged TP season two was just amazing. TP was practically "Batman 66" by that point, then Lynch came back and took it in a direction only he could. In The Return he didn't give ANYONE what they wanted, and when he did, it was all fucked up.

Meownaw

I GOT DA HAT NOW!
The way he returned and salvaged TP season two was just amazing. TP was practically "Batman 66" by that point, then Lynch came back and took it in a direction only he could. In The Return he didn't give ANYONE what they wanted, and when he did, it was all fucked up.
I still need to rewatch it. I last saw it when it was live and loved how you never knew what to expect each episode. Also the end was such a "how the fuck are they going to wrap this up in 5 minutes". Loved it.

G

Batman 66 is a great comparison, never thought of it that way. So you didn't think Ben Horne's Civil War spergout and this bitch being a wrestler/cheerleader was up to snuff, Jim?

7cc34c2d43f4f5bbbb6d7c12399764d9.png

Batman 66 is a great comparison, never thought of it that way. So you didn't think Ben Horne's Civil War spergout and this bitch being a wrestler/cheerleader was up to snuff, Jim?

7cc34c2d43f4f5bbbb6d7c12399764d9.png
Or Windom Earle's wacky costumes. The original got real bad, real fast.

I remember checking how much time was left when they got to the Palmer house and being like WHAT THE FUCK MAN
Like when Cooper and "Laura" were silently driving for five minutes with ten minutes left to go. "How on Earth will he ever wrap this up?". Exactly the point. Lynch toys with the viewer, like a cat torturing a mouse.