Tried the big Lebowski for like the fourth time

PickleRickle

You are not a glowie. You are just stupid.
Kinda had to be stoned there at the time. Reminds me of watching Billy Madison for the first time as an adult and wondering what all the faggot fanaticism was about.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
I like Big Lebowski but find the Coen brothers incredibly overrated.
I think it's a very specific group of people who go out of their way to lap their balls and praise them as some kind of avant garde auteurs, which they're really not. The kind of faggots who make a big deal about searching out the Odyssey themes in a movie like O Brother when those are not what the movie is about at all, it's just a set up to have a quasi-magical adventure story in the American South. Most of their original films are goofy or unconventional narratives played straight, there's really not anything deep to them other than a desire to tell an interesting story.

The Coen Brothers are good precisely because they're not trying to 2deep4u general audiences and they understand that any artistic pursuit is like building a pyramid and that the technical foundations are where most of your attention should be spent, before you can indulge yourself intellectually. That's why a movie like The Big Lebowski, that's essentially about nothing, is still such an entertaining and well-made film.

Compare that to someone like Darren Aronofsky, who can be a very competent film maker when he wants to be, but also has his head up his ass more times than not. That's how you get movies where the style starts to smother the substance, and where there's not so much 'underlying themes' as giant neon signs blaring in the sky. And dummy critics praise it instead of condemning it for what is: a patronizing self-indulgence that only serves to distract from the film.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
To put it in a slightly less gay way: the Coen Brothers' main shtick is making smartly-made movies about pretty simple or outright dumb people and premises, which makes those films entertaining and accessible. That leads to a lot of folks praising them as artistic masterminds and naturally leads to a counterreaction, which is understandable but a bit undeserved because they never pretend to be. There's way more pretentious film makers out there who deserve to be called out who rarely are because nobody apart from critics and faggots watches their stuff.

DMAN

NYC Mayor
I think it's a very specific group of people who go out of their way to lap their balls and praise them as some kind of avant garde auteurs, which they're really not. The kind of faggots who make a big deal about searching out the Odyssey themes in a movie like O Brother when those are not what the movie is about at all, it's just a set up to have a quasi-magical adventure story in the American South. Most of their original films are goofy or unconventional narratives played straight, there's really not anything deep to them other than a desire to tell an interesting story.

The Coen Brothers are good precisely because they're not trying to 2deep4u general audiences and they understand that any artistic pursuit is like building a pyramid and that the technical foundations are where most of your attention should be spent, before you can indulge yourself intellectually. That's why a movie like The Big Lebowski, that's essentially about nothing, is still such an entertaining and well-made film.

Compare that to someone like Darren Aronofsky, who can be a very competent film maker when he wants to be, but also has his head up his ass more times than not. That's how you get movies where the style starts to smother the substance, and where there's not so much 'underlying themes' as giant neon signs blaring in the sky. And dummy critics praise it instead of condemning it for what is: a patronizing self-indulgence that only serves to distract from the film.

Paul O, You're Life's A Movie.

NewJersey.gov

Why cant we all just get along, funsters
The movie itself is an easy watch mostly because of the soundtrack, but the 'gooofy eclectic suppor cast' thing is very Coen brothers. The characters are what make the movie, and Big lebowski has some good and some really bad characters. The plot is meant to be non-serious goofy. But for me, the bad and good are:

REALLY BAD:
julianne moore

REALLY GOOD
john goodman
philip seymour hoffman
kid from the "Is this your homework, Larry?" part

everyone else was "meh".

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Kinda had to be stoned there at the time. Reminds me of watching Billy Madison for the first time as an adult and wondering what all the faggot fanaticism was about.
IMG_0214.jpeg

It’s nudie magazine day!