• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Torque Wheeler's Vegas Vacation ✈️

is he still going?

• Yes, a six figure author can easily afford it

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • No, he's broke and sad

Votes: 39 86.7%

• Total voters

SFWA liaison

Heidi Hildeman customer
Forum Clout
from a year and a half ago:
1700234437186.png

this is TOMORROW

surely if he didn't pay Quasi a penny he can still afford the trip he was so excited about!

you know who lives in Las Vegas? his friend and alleged rapist Kelly Lee Williams!
1700234706175.png

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I thought he had said he was going to F1, of course Vegas had insane room rates for that weekend that didn’t attract the crowd they hoped to get and had to discount rooms. The whole thing has been a huge mess in Vegas and they already had to cancel practice due to a man hole issue. They’ve spent about a year getting the strip ready and it’s gonna flop

Steve Ramone

Forum Clout
I thought he had said he was going to F1, of course Vegas had insane room rates for that weekend that didn’t attract the crowd they hoped to get and had to discount rooms. The whole thing has been a huge mess in Vegas and they already had to cancel practice due to a man hole issue. They’ve spent about a year getting the strip ready and it’s gonna flop
2 cars were destroyed by the dumb drains, the Ferrari had its engine, transmission, battery, chassis, and entire electrical system completely destroyed. Now they get a 10 place penalty on Sunday for going over their allotment. What a shitshow.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
2 cars were destroyed by the dumb drains, the Ferrari had its engine, transmission, battery, chassis, and entire electrical system completely destroyed. Now they get a 10 place penalty un Sunday for going over their allotment. What a shitshow.
Last time I was in Vegas was Sept and I asked the cab drivers about it and they all said it’s just been a nightmare with all the construction they’ve had to do. All for an event that didn’t even attract an audience. Rooms were like 5-10 grand for the weekend and all other nonsense.

Imager

STFUYSN
Forum Clout
Last time I was in Vegas was Sept and I asked the cab drivers about it and they all said it’s just been a nightmare with all the construction they’ve had to do. All for an event that didn’t even attract an audience. Rooms were like 5-10 grand for the weekend and all other nonsense.
I was in Vegas a few weeks ago and the construction and everything on the strip for this bullshit was insane. To get from MGM Grand to say, the Wynn, when there's no traffic at 9am was like 45 minutes. Can't be stated enough how dumb this was.

Steve Ramone

Forum Clout
It's yet another boring fucking street course. Even if the race wasn't in the middle of the night I wouldn't bother watching anything but the highlights. Why not spend that money on Watkins Glen or road America?

Well the answer is those are in the middle of nowhere and only Hicks would go, but it would be way better racing.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
It would cost a fucking fortune to get a room during this, no?

He’s poor, and fat.
Yes, especially if he booked it when it was announced, Vegas had insane rates - like 5-10 grand for the weekend at even the “cheap” places and then tickets were high, viewing area seats, etc. pretty much what he paid quasi was what we would have needed to go. The whole event backfired because Vegas thought they would get rich Europeans to fly in and that didn’t happen so they had to start lowering the room rates about 3 months ago. It’s still expensive but not as crazy as it was at first.

Coonskin

Don't thank the felon, Keith
Forum Clout
I was in Vegas a few weeks ago and the construction and everything on the strip for this bullshit was insane. To get from MGM Grand to say, the Wynn, when there's no traffic at 9am was like 45 minutes. Can't be stated enough how dumb this was.

Isn't there a tram that connects those two?

I hope he goes. Vegas fucking sucks and only a consumer idiot would want to visit the strip.

SFWA liaison

Heidi Hildeman customer
Forum Clout
A new photo drop would breathe some life into this place
I'm hoping for a a 35 tweet thread about how Elmo's tunnels are bad with zero original thoughts and the exact same arguments used for the past 5 years. Pat being nearby suddenly gives him expert insight, you see.

Maybe a Rosa Parks "fuck you" picture but to one of the hyperloop stations.

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
Forum Clout
Yes, especially if he booked it when it was announced, Vegas had insane rates - like 5-10 grand for the weekend at even the “cheap” places and then tickets were high, viewing area seats, etc. pretty much what he paid quasi was what we would have needed to go. The whole event backfired because Vegas thought they would get rich Europeans to fly in and that didn’t happen so they had to start lowering the room rates about 3 months ago. It’s still expensive but not as crazy as it was at first.
Idk, man, a six-figure mid-ranking sci-fi author with over 55k X followers that definitely aren’t bots? 10 grand is nothing to a man’s man like that.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
Forum Clout

Can those F1 drivers use stick like torque wheeler though?