• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

Tiny Tim has been lost in the wild a long time

DominusOdium

Self Styled Brothaman
1000009119.jpg

That was 117 days ago buddy. 31.97% of 2024. About 4 months ago. What happened?

You missed the publishing window for poorly written Christmas tie-ins for another year. You haven't said anything about which publishers are interested in your already done better by other people idea, or how your exit from sci-fi into embarrassing historical tripe is going. What's the matter, baby child?

Could you have possibly run into the brick wall made of 10s of thousands of other authors submitting better and more original ideas who don't have violent histories, a track record of failed books, a bunch of people in the industry who either hate you or have been used financially by you and a public persona only slightly less toxic and insane than Chris Chan?

Wot's th'matta guvna?

Also, bonus in the search results is another horrible sounding ADHD tangent he never finished with 34 likes. SPACE ELEPHANTS.

DominusOdium

Self Styled Brothaman
First mention is 12/2020, last is the above 11/21.

Professional author spent a YEAR on this horrible idea and kept bringing it up to no attention or reactions.

Hey how's that dopamine addiction going, fatso? Makes it hard to complete a long project when you can get little bumps from calling for violence or insulting people hundreds of times a day for attaboys from Butternokes and Fat Jax, doesn't it?

1000009122.jpg

NoBacon

An honourable man.
I’ve talked about it before but CS Lewis talks about writing, how you think about what you want to say and the story you want to tell and then you tell it as clearly as possible. The idea being nobody knows what you’re trying to do unless you make them understand it.

Don’t tell them what to think, describe it clearly and let them think it.

Patrick is the total opposite, he thinks up some stupid idea and then tells you it’s awesome and interesting, instead of telling an interesting awesome story.

PTSD suffering amputee marine who defends space elephants from poachers is a profoundly bad idea and trying to demand people to think it’s not is humiliating.

NoBacon

An honourable man.
It could be good, however unlikely that seems but it’s got to be organic, you learn about this marine and why she has PTSD, why she lost a limb - and why defending the space elephants is so important to her.

If you’ve got something to say, the premise doesn’t really matter.

Patrick’s school of writing, which has resulted in poor sales and no contracts in years, is you must like his idea because a female marine is cool, she’s interesting because she’s got PTSD and it’s a great fucking adventure because of elephants…. IN SPACE!!! if you don’t agree with him, you’re just stupid and you’re going to prison because only terrorists dislike his work.

DominusOdium

Self Styled Brothaman
It could be good, however unlikely that seems but it’s got to be organic, you learn about this marine and why she has PTSD, why she lost a limb - and why defending the space elephants is so important to her.

If you’ve got something to say, the premise doesn’t really matter.

Patrick’s school of writing, which has resulted in poor sales and no contracts in years, is you must like his idea because a female marine is cool, she’s interesting because she’s got PTSD and it’s a great fucking adventure because of elephants…. IN SPACE!!! if you don’t agree with him, you’re just stupid and you’re going to prison because only terrorists dislike his work.
What, exactly, does Patrick know or have to add to any of these topics? PTSD? Marines? Unless he's referring to Patrick Tomlinson Self-Swatting Disorder I really don't see what a fat, violent manchild who never served anywhere in any capacity has to add to the dialogue about PTSD. He knows exactly zero amputees and has suffered no major injury or health concern outside of morbid obesity from which to draw on in his writing. I guess maybe he has something to add about being elephantine.

I'm not saying "Write what you know" is an unbreakable dictum but when you're a midwit hack who invented Fonald Plump as the height of your craft, writing a female character with a disability garnered in military service is about as likely to ring true as Paul Weimer writing erotica in which he has sex with women.

He probably saw Fury Road and wanted to write fan fiction about Furiosa.

Andy Elliott

Closer
First mention is 12/2020, last is the above 11/21.

Professional author spent a YEAR on this horrible idea and kept bringing it up to no attention or reactions.

Hey how's that dopamine addiction going, fatso? Makes it hard to complete a long project when you can get little bumps from calling for violence or insulting people hundreds of times a day for attaboys from Butternokes and Fat Jax, doesn't it?

View attachment 212615

More like PSTD! You guys hear what I said?

chewtoycock

He poisons himself and expects the world to die.
He has a few half finished books that he is "holding hostage" until a publisher pays him to finish it. Clearly that strategy isnt working.

View attachment 212636
View attachment 212637View attachment 212638
That last one really sums up how he views work and "accomplishing" anything. Finished one page this week on a new novel? I've really earned another beer (no, the 22 oz glass this time, bartender). Went to the gym this week? How about some tacos and fries smothered in gravy. I need the protein. Spent two hours building pallet chairs over the course of months? *sip* aaaaah, time to lounge in the sun for the whole afternoon. Almost broke a sweat.

An amputee with PTSD defends space elephants. In his mind that's an action comedy - like every other piece of shit book he's written. I could see taking it out of space and making it about a war vet who has lost his (not a woman like Pat's version, an actual combat veteran) humanity and rebuilds himself after bonding with these regal creatures. A competent writer could make that into some book that I would have had to read for high school English class, but Rick only thinks about making his shit into the next schlock action flick.