• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

This is an interesting listen if you give a shit about Billy West and Jackie

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
I have like 50 hours per week that I need to fill with background noise so lately I’ve been going back before the Artie years. Jackie was making over 300k per year just from the show so he’s set. I think they all have a reason to be bitter.
They certainly all have a reason to be bitter…at Howard. Only John and Jackie have a reason to be bitter at life. If they stayed on Stern all these years they’d be 10x as successful than whatever they’re doing now. If Billy West stayed with Howard he would have been knee capped. We all know how much Howard hates his guys doing anything besides his shows. Billy West is legitimately at the level of a Tom Kenny, a famous guy you wouldn’t recognize on the street but who’s insanely rich and iconic through their massive voice work portfolio. Like I said before, I knew Billy West from cartoons and didn’t know he was on Howard. I never heard of Jackie or Stutjo until I listened to Howard. Sometimes it’s not about the money and it’s about a career and name which neither of those guys have.

Forum Clout
Only John and Jackie have a reason to be bitter at life. If they stayed on Stern all these years they’d be 10x as successful than whatever they’re doing now.
I get how this applies to John but how does it apply to Jackie? Howard clearly didn't like how Jackie was getting all the credit, and rightfully so, for the show's comedy. He pushed him out, and prevented all the guys from using Howard's name in the branding. Who the fuck knows who Jackie Martling is if he can't say Jackie the Jokeman from Howard Stern? Being on the Stern show and not being able to make money elsewhere is not a recipe for success. Especially when they pay peanuts. It's the exact same bullshit Crowder pulled on Dave Landau, lol.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
They certainly all have a reason to be bitter…at Howard. Only John and Jackie have a reason to be bitter at life. If they stayed on Stern all these years they’d be 10x as successful than whatever they’re doing now. If Billy West stayed with Howard he would have been knee capped. We all know how much Howard hates his guys doing anything besides his shows. Billy West is legitimately at the level of a Tom Kenny, a famous guy you wouldn’t recognize on the street but who’s insanely rich and iconic through their massive voice work portfolio. Like I said before, I knew Billy West from cartoons and didn’t know he was on Howard. I never heard of Jackie or Stutjo until I listened to Howard. Sometimes it’s not about the money and it’s about a career and name which neither of those guys have.

Stop saying Stutjo. His name is Stuttering John. Don't give into WATP Faggotry.

THE D

SUFFERING FROM DMANIA, PRONE TO DMANIC EPISODES
Forum Clout
Abbreviations , negro! Its easier to type out like “Nana”

An abbreviation created by complete tool faggots that nobody used until they started doing it, because they are OBSESSED with him and talk about him so much that it became tiresome to type out his name as often as they did.

Stuttering John got hired because he was a stuttering fuckup, the fact that he's held to a standard as a normal human by anyone is so odd. He was always meant to be a train wreck.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

i wish my rapist would call me back 😍
Forum Clout
Billy West was probably wise to have gotten out when he did. Most of what he did on Stern was wildly over-the-top racist humor, and if the wrong hysteric heard it and made a big deal out of it, it could have cost him those lucrative cartoon voice gigs. Marge Schott and Red were particularly amusing.
During the LA riots he was there and crawled under a hotel bed so he could do Marge without any hearing him screaming the n word.

Peckas

Helping those 8 to 80
Forum Clout
I’m about in that age demo and I don’t understand why Ren and Stimpy is some sort of genius work. One of Howard’s better bits for sure.
It was huge on Snick my Little friends would come over for a little party Saturday night and we’d watch Nickelodeon Clarissa explains it all roundhouse all that are you afraid of the dark ren and stimpy

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Forum Clout
Only John and Jackie have a reason to be bitter at life.
Jackie quit when he was a millionaire and owned a bunch of properties. He spent his time in semi-retirement telling old jokes and shooting small parts in movies. Jackie wasn't even mad at Howard when he quit as he was already thinking of retiring regardless of the pay. And down the road he got a show on Howard100/101 and eventually did 400 of them when Howard signed to Sirius. So his feud with Howard was not extreme or serious like what happened with John, Artie, Grillo, KC, and a few others.

Jackie quit because he hated doing mornings and was a hippie who wanted to party at nights. Billy quit because he was getting insane offers for voice acting and nothing would have kept him on the show either. They were never going to stay with Stern most likely even if the pay offers were huge. Howard would have needed to basically pay them both 20x what they were making to get them not to just quit. Billy was going to be the voice of movies and cartoon tv shows. Jackie had already planned his retirement and didn't want a long term contract.

John was different.
If they stayed on Stern all these years they’d be 10x as successful than whatever they’re doing now.
John left Stern to become announcer for the Tonight Show. And was making over $300K per year. He was more successful after Stern than before. John just pissed away all of his money and show business connections for whatever reason. Which is more successful? The guy who asks mean questions and ambushes celebrities for 80K a year with no chance of promotion? Or the announcer of the Tonight Show who makes $300K and has access to A-list celebrities and producers 24/7 and can network in Hollywood?

We know why Leno signed John. Just to piss off Howard. John kept getting calls from reality tv producers to be a guest on various shows. And to be a guest on various late night talk shows to promote his gigs or whatever. And Howard said "no...they just want you for free plugs on my show and my airtime" over and over to prevent Stuttering John from getting gigs. Somehow word of this got to Leno and he decided to hire John for the first open position on his show.....which happened to be the announcer. For a guy with a vicious stutter. Leno did it because he wanted to piss of Stern and didn't really look into what kind of talents John had besides celebrity interviews. As Leno was a loser who hid in the closet to steal the Tonight Show from Letterman and didn't really survive on talent and got his career more on backstabbing.

The NBC executive for the Tonight Show was this guy Rick Ludwin. His only jobs at NBC were to manage the Tonight Show and Seinfeld. When Leno told him he wanted Stuttering John from Stern to be his announcer he thought it was a joke at first. Then pleaded with Leno not to do it. But Leno went through with it because he wanted to get Stern upset. Which worked as Stern's dream was to host a late night talk show like the Tonight Show. This was a big loud signal that Stern was beneath the Tonight Show who could poach his guys for a laugh.

But this was the funniest part. Leno's writers and producers didn't listen to Stern. And neither did Leno. They listened to other shows or their own music in the mornings. None of them were familiar with Stern at all. So they all thought, including Leno and Ludwin, that Stuttering John wrote all of his own material and wrote his own celebrity ambush questions. They had no idea that Jackie, Fred, Howard, and others were the actual writers. So they impulsively sign John to a huge multi-year contract as 'announcer' but tell him on the first day 'you also have to write your own material'. Well John says "I never wrote anything before.....Jackie or Fred wrote my stuff". Leno hears this and flips out realizing that he just hired a useless moron.

John would eventually be taken from the announcer position and put into the writers' room. But this was just him being phased out until being fired by NBC. Yet Leno kept his word and kept John on the Tonight Show, even letting him announce and do bits and skits, and on NBC until he left the network himself in 2014. Leno told John that he would have a job at NBC until Leno left the company at which point NBC would most likely immediately terminate him. John turned that loyalty into being a taxi driver and substitute teacher apparently and losing all of his money in the divorce.

Sue Lightning

<-- Never heard of Spankbang
Forum Clout
John left Stern to become announcer for the Tonight Show. And was making over $300K per year. He was more successful after Stern than before. John just pissed away all of his money and show business connections for whatever reason.
John pissed away his connections because he didn’t have talent. He was hired by Jay out of some bullshit feud with Howard. Then Jay found out he doesn’t even write his own jokes and realized how bad he failed at hiring a stuttering fuck to be his announce and occasional writer. John originally was the guy on the couch next to Leno, then from what I remember Leno got another guy who he hit it off with. Eventually John was pushed out of writing, then guesting the show, to just announcing to not being on it at all. He was literally only useful to Howard for being a buttboy. No one in the industry wanted to touch him for being a dirty talentless self important leech who was probably asking for high 6 figure salaries wherever he went to. Who would hire him, and what for?
Which is more successful? The guy who asks mean questions and ambushes celebrities for 80K a year with no chance of promotion? Or the announcer of the Tonight Show who makes $300K and has access to A-list celebrities and producers 24/7 and can network in Hollywood?
I certainly don’t blame John for going. It’s more money and a bigger show with more access to casuals. And it would have been a smart move if John had any talent and was able to keep the job or parlay it into something else but he wasn’t. He was always destined to be a bumbling idiot clown for Howard, and at least Howard listeners knew who he was, wether they hated or loved him. No one knew, thought about, or cared for Leno’s announcer. No one is coming up to John saying they loved him on Leno.
We know why Leno signed John. Just to piss off Howard. John kept getting calls from reality tv producers to be a guest on various shows. And to be a guest on various late night talk shows to promote his gigs or whatever. And Howard said "no...they just want you for free plugs on my show and my airtime" over and over to prevent Stuttering John from getting gigs. Somehow word of this got to Leno and he decided to hire John for the first open position on his show.....which happened to be the announcer. For a guy with a vicious stutter. Leno did it because he wanted to piss of Stern and didn't really look into what kind of talents John had besides celebrity interviews. As Leno was a loser who hid in the closet to steal the Tonight Show from Letterman and didn't really survive on talent and got his career more on backstabbing.
Makes sense why Jim loves Leno so much then. If you watch the first monologue for Johns employment you can tell Leno knows how bad he fucks up. Not only does John have his stutter but he’s unfunny, uncharismatic, and borderline autistic.