• Reminder: Do not call, text, or mention harrassing someone in real life. Do not encourage it. Do not talk about killing or using violence against anyone, or engaging in any criminal behavior. If it is not an obvious joke even when taken out of context, don't post it. Please report violators.

DMCA, complaints, and other inquiries:

[email protected]

They're getting desperate

Forum Clout
That's why I torrent and direct download my preferred media.
Me too, when the end comes if we can generate power we'll have thousands and thousands of hours of movies and shows to starve to death to. I'll trade the Sopranos on a thumb drive for a milking cow. Seriously though even as proof of what did exist. In 40 years all hard copied media will be gone.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
How hasn't Howard Stern bankrupted them? He basically gets to piggyback ride on their shoulder's while SXM buy him ice cream.
the theory that makes the most sense to me is they are in some catch 22 where they Know they are paying howard too much money but if they try to pay him less, they are pretty sure howard will walk. And then if all the people who only have subscriptions because of howard would then cancel, which they seem to think is a sizeable amount. They must believe that either keep paying howard and die slowly or pull the plug and die fast. Personally it seems like they would gain more from axing howard and his huge salary than they would lose in subscribers, but that doesn't mean anyone still has any interest in their product.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
the theory that makes the most sense to me is they are in some catch 22 where they Know they are paying howard too much money but if they try to pay him less, they are pretty sure howard will walk. And then if all the people who only have subscriptions because of howard would then cancel, which they seem to think is a sizeable amount. They must believe that either keep paying howard and die slowly or pull the plug and die fast. Personally it seems like they would gain more from axing howard and his huge salary than they would lose in subscribers, but that doesn't mean anyone still has any interest in their product.
The thing is they have an idea how many people actually listen to Stern because you have to pay extra just to hear him. At this point it’s clear his audience is middle aged left leaning women / moms that think listening to Stern makes them cool. I was a die hard fan for decades but had to tap out just because he’s barely there, he keeps interviewing the same 20 guests, hes a miserable cunt that complains about everything like an old Jewish woman, is REALLY obsessed with gay sex now, and has the same political views at the ladies on “The View” which explains his current audience.

Plus it’s almost 2024 and he hasn’t made waves since he left FM for Sirius in 2005 when he was still popular and now was going to be UNCENSORED and WILD! but was mailing it by 2010 and doing everything to not be what he was known for. They think they will crumble without him yet it’s not like every subscriber listens to him. I guess they’re really worried about losing “premium” subscribers but not having to pay the insane money they give him would be much better for business.

The best thing that could happen it Sirius is have Stern retire but I don’t think he ever will because he has such an empty life. Without a radio show he might actually try to kill himself by leaving the house without a mask.

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Forum Clout
the theory that makes the most sense to me is they are in some catch 22 where they Know they are paying howard too much money but if they try to pay him less, they are pretty sure howard will walk.
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. It's like MAD but with Howie as the party which really does not have much to lose, it's his ego keeping him from pushing the button.

And then if all the people who only have subscriptions because of howard would then cancel, which they seem to think is a sizeable amount.
Even if it isn't, it could easily cause a knock on effect and that's probably what they're really worried about. Hoohoo leaves and a chunk of the subscribers walk, investors and stockholders panic and the corporation's value takes a hit and who knows how much harder it snowballs from there. Everyone here's become aware that satellite's always been a near-failure propped up by promotion and Mickey Mouse accounting but that doesn't mean the world at large does. Stern walking, especially if he does so in a characteristically public and vindictive way, could be thing that finally breaks that facade down.

JoeBrotheChildSpitGuzzler

I Am Racist Man Leader of the Digital Ku Klux Klan
Forum Clout
The thing is they have an idea how many people actually listen to Stern because you have to pay extra just to hear him. At this point it’s clear his audience is middle aged left leaning women / moms that think listening to Stern makes them cool. I was a die hard fan for decades but had to tap out just because he’s barely there, he keeps interviewing the same 20 guests, hes a miserable cunt that complains about everything like an old Jewish woman, is REALLY obsessed with gay sex now, and has the same political views at the ladies on “The View” which explains his current audience.

Plus it’s almost 2024 and he hasn’t made waves since he left FM for Sirius in 2005 when he was still popular and now was going to be UNCENSORED and WILD! but was mailing it by 2010 and doing everything to not be what he was known for. They think they will crumble without him yet it’s not like every subscriber listens to him. I guess they’re really worried about losing “premium” subscribers but not having to pay the insane money they give him would be much better for business.

The best thing that could happen it Sirius is have Stern retire but I don’t think he ever will because he has such an empty life. Without a radio show he might actually try to kill himself by leaving the house without a mask.
I agree Howard will never retire voluntarily because that show is the only thing he has. But he's enough of a Jew that If they tried to pay him less he'd walk

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. It's like MAD but with Howie as the party which really does not have much to lose, it's his ego keeping him from pushing the button.

Even if it isn't, it could easily cause a knock on effect and that's probably what they're really worried about. Hoohoo leaves and a chunk of the subscribers walk, investors and stockholders panic and the corporation's value takes a hit and who knows how much harder it snowballs from there. Everyone here's become aware that satellite's always been a near-failure propped up by promotion and Mickey Mouse accounting but that doesn't mean the world at large does. Stern walking, especially if he does so in a characteristically public and vindictive way, could be thing that finally breaks that facade down.
I wonder if that’s how he keeps getting big money contracts for lazy work. He or Buchwald has convinced Sirius they will DIE without Stern. They might be just as out of touch as Howard to think he’s still important in 2023, people under 30 don’t even know who he is and he doesn’t even bother to help promote the service. I think the last time he did anything was an “appearance” years ago on Kimmel that was actually done through green screen. They’ve spent so much money on giving him updated studios, green rooms, and even his own private entrance to the building and will shut everything down just so he can walk through the building without any of the “little people” coming in contact with him - and even then he rarely comes into the building.

His big interview Streisand? She make them move the show time and she did it from home. At least Springsteen made him come into the building or he wouldn’t do the interview.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
I agree Howard will never retire voluntarily because that show is the only thing he has. But he's enough of a Jew that If they tried to pay him less he'd walk
He really became Imus without realizing it - he goofed on him for still doing a show while he was obviously past his prime and old yet Stern seems like he would prefer he dies behind the mic.

Even with all his vacation time he’s miserable and complains when he even goes anywhere while on vacation, it’s clear he’s been mailing it in for years and cries about having to work 3 days a week (when that’s what he signed up for) but without the show he wouldn’t know what to do with his free time. It’s why his first marriage failed and his second one is fake. Radio is all he has and must be a nightmare to be around when he’s on “vacation” since he doesn’t leave the house. He moved to beautiful Sunny Florida and is terrified of going outside and living. He was a germ phobe before Covid so if he ever stops broadcasting he will go full Howard hughes.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Forum Clout
I get my mom a subscription every year at Christmas because it's like $40/year and she loves listening to the news channels while driving.
I'm glad you found an easy present, but regular radio has channels like Bloomberg that just read through the news all day.

It's actually one of the few things regular radio still does well lol

Mick_Mickerson

Forum Clout
He really became Imus without realizing it - he goofed on him for still doing a show while he was obviously past his prime and old yet Stern seems like he would prefer he dies behind the mic.
Wasn't imus talking to way more people when he was stern's age ? He had that live broadcast on msnbc every morning while still being on free radio whereas stern pops onto satellite a couple times a month to broadcast into the abyss.

PorqueDealer

Portly Pepperoni Purveyor
Forum Clout
Before the merger I was looking at buying sirius stock as it had dropped to something ridiculous.
One of the reasons being was that sirius as a company at the time owned all their satellites which were being used for 'other things' besides sat radio. This was nearly 20 years ago so things may have changed now.

Forum Clout
I'm glad you found an easy present, but regular radio has channels like Bloomberg that just read through the news all day.

It's actually one of the few things regular radio still does well lol
I had XM for probably 5 years too long but for me it was good on long drives for the channel continuity and quite honestly a song popping up randomly is better than a shuffled playlist at times. Plus you can get sports and news. They should just go free with ads and become nationwide terrestrial like. They'd have more listeners and flexibility to gear ad time per channel to listener base.

Mick_Mickerson

Forum Clout
I had XM for probably 5 years too long but for me it was good on long drives for the channel continuity and quite honestly a song popping up randomly is better than a shuffled playlist at times. Plus you can get sports and news. They should just go free with ads and become nationwide terrestrial like. They'd have more listeners and flexibility to gear ad time per channel to listener base.
It is uniroinically good for truckers because the stations stay crystal clear no matter where you are in country. Apart from that, I don't get it

Forum Clout
It is uniroinically good for truckers because the stations stay crystal clear no matter where you are in country. Apart from that, I don't get it
Well I maybe used it 5-6 times a year on long car rides where my own content would or could get stale and I wanted a break. On my daily commute my phone was fine. If not for the need to fight for the lower price I demanded regularly I'd have kept it. The product isn't bad on the music stations. Same with for businesses that pipe in. sound but ultimately it's still pretty shaky as a business based on subs. If they did it ad based they'd be better off.

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Forum Clout
Wasn't imus talking to way more people when he was stern's age ? He had that live broadcast on msnbc every morning while still being on free radio whereas stern pops onto satellite a couple times a month to broadcast into the abyss.
He used to goof on his low ratings even though Sirius won’t release how many people are actually listening to each channel. Then again Stern believes anyone who has ever had Sirius is because of him and is being listened to by 25 or 30 MILLION people when he decides to turn his mic on.