There was no reason for Vito’s storyline to be that long

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Vito's storyline works fine and has some pivotal moments for multiple characters.

- It shows that Tony has no idea what his crew is up to. Drug addicts, rats, faggots. He has no control.
- Shows that the mafia can be infiltrated easily even socially. That they are not alpha males but literal faggots.
- Proved that Meadow was as ruthless as anyone as she basically orders the hit on Vito as revenge for him intimidating her dentist boyfriend.
- Ironically Vito murdered Meadow's last boyfriend Jackie Jr years ago so this time Meadow takes no chances with them.
- It showed that these idiots were addicted to the mafia. Chris, Big Pussy, Junior, Tony B, Vito all have the chance to walk away but stay and die.
- It showed that Phil Leotardo was manipulated by his wife. And implies that he went gay in prison.
- Gave us Phil and Tony arguing over money and over paying for Vito's family to move. Including Tony gambling away the money.
- Gave us the hilarious moment of Fat Dom mocking Carlo and getting knifed to death. Ole!!!
- Gave us the moment of Phil freaking out at the dinner. "Wine makes you emotional".
- Gave us Phil laughing at Vito at the sitdown. "I know Vito's bottom was impacted".

I could go on. Storyline was good. Eugene's was great. Teddy S = Tony S. Someone being shot in a diner.

G

Sopranos is well written and the benchmark for tv shows, but it still shows its flaws here and there. For one, you could tell the Writer's Kike-y disconnection from reality: the big deal everybody makes about seeing a psychiatrist, I just don't understand and that's the main plot point of the series. What, Italians are these savage, unsophisticated rubes they cant comprehend seeing one? Too unrealistic.

Yet later on Christophy becomes a writer in Hollywood? How is that not seen as weak if these same ppl think going to psychologist is? Inconsistent BS. They both underestimate and overestimate Italians.

Also lot of the series was filler with 3, 4 good episodes per season. This is the truth guys.

Riccardo Bosi

watches seasons 3-9 all the time, child.
- It showed that Phil Leotardo was manipulated by his wife. And implies that he went gay in prison.
He literally comes out of the closet before they kill Vito.

Teddy S = Tony S. Someone being shot in a diner.
I didn't catch that. I think Eugene's suicide is episode one of season six, and after he kills the guy he wipes blood over the map of Jersey, maybe implying that blood will be spilled all over.

LingerLonger

Still spreading the O&A virus
Yet later on Christophy becomes a writer in Hollywood? How is that not seen as weak if these same ppl think going to psychologist is? Inconsistent BS. They both underestimate and overestimate Italians.
What? This was extremely accurate. There were mafia members advising the productions of The Godfather in the 70s. Guys from the mafia were literally calling the producers of The Sopranos on the phone all of the time. One mafia underboss literally called David Chase to tell him "A Don doesn't wear shorts" which made it into the show. Henry Hill and many others have broken witness protection to appear publicly. Guys from the mafia have their own podcasts now. Sopranos was ahead of its time.

And this is not just the mafia. The Mexican drug cartels literally hire PR firms to make movies and hip-hop songs about them. El Chapo was caught partially because he kept contacting famous Mexican actresses to give him a script for his autobiography. Fucking idiot was caught by Delta Force and sent to a US prison because he was chasing a movie career.

I didn't catch that. I think Eugene's suicide is episode one of season six, and after he kills the guy he wipes blood over the map of Jersey, maybe implying that blood will be spilled all over.
It also shows how sloppy he is. And how desperate he is to escape the mafia. Half of the guys on the show kill a civilian sloppily before getting whacked or dying. Vito kills the guy in a hit and run. Eugene kills Teddy in the diner. Christopher kills JT his writing partner. Big Pussy kills the Elvis impersonator. Tony B shoots a prostitute. It was a common theme to show how insane these guys were that they were literally like "cornered animals" as Hesh once said.

2Shirts1Egg2

5foot9 and an attitude
I just don't understand and that's the main plot point of the series. What, Italians are these savage, unsophisticated rubes they cant comprehend seeing one?

I think that's less than half of it. The hesitancy over therapy in the show stems largely from the criminality of the characters and them not wanting to make themselves vulnerable. Melfi is Italian and uses her own psychiatrist.

There is a traditionalist angle to that too where Italians think that showing feeling is weak but the show is about tradition dying in a lot of ways, including attitudes like that. The mob itself is being slowly eroded by new LE techniques (RICO), people flip more now so their vows and honour system mean less. Capitalism has robbed them of their ability to shake down businesses. They consider things like psychiatry weak because it reflects their own old world falling apart and being replaced.

The central idea of the show for me is that mob has to adapt to societal and cultural change like any other business or ideology. It's like Tony's thought in ep1 of coming in at the end of a good thing and Melfi says a lot of Americans feel that way. You can see an example of that in every episode.

Harry Powell

Semen is the aggression of a man
Vito's storyline works fine and has some pivotal moments for multiple characters.

- It shows that Tony has no idea what his crew is up to. Drug addicts, rats, faggots. He has no control.
- Shows that the mafia can be infiltrated easily even socially. That they are not alpha males but literal faggots.
- Proved that Meadow was as ruthless as anyone as she basically orders the hit on Vito as revenge for him intimidating her dentist boyfriend.
- Ironically Vito murdered Meadow's last boyfriend Jackie Jr years ago so this time Meadow takes no chances with them.
- It showed that these idiots were addicted to the mafia. Chris, Big Pussy, Junior, Tony B, Vito all have the chance to walk away but stay and die.
- Gave us Phil and Tony arguing over money and over paying for Vito's family to move. Including Tony gambling away the money.
- Gave us the hilarious moment of Fat Dom mocking Carlo and getting knifed to death. Ole!!!
- Gave us the moment of Phil freaking out at the dinner. "Wine makes you emotional".
- Gave us Phil laughing at Vito at the sitdown. "I know Vito's bottom was impacted".

I could go on. Storyline was good. Eugene's was great. Teddy S = Tony S. Someone being shot in a diner.
All of that could have been done in a shorter time frame. There wasn’t all this nuance to his storyline that required that many episodes.

I did like the storyline, I just felt it got a disproportionate amount of the season.

I also don’t think Meadow knew she was “ordering a hit” on Vito. Maybe throwing him under the bus, but I doubt she knew it was a death sentence.

I think Phil dramatically coming out of the closet - despite his goons already just standing around in the room - almost redeems everything else.

Snake

DiozGRxU8AAMQqH.png

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
Eugene’s episode along with the Hesh story line just showed how big of a piece of shit Tony had become. The audience didn’t care about killing people or him fucking every woman that moved so they really had to find a way to make him a piece of garbage, like Walter White. Can’t have bad men being too lovable.

Mc.Faggot

crumbum
Sopranos is well written and the benchmark for tv shows, but it still shows its flaws here and there. For one, you could tell the Writer's Kike-y disconnection from reality: the big deal everybody makes about seeing a psychiatrist, I just don't understand and that's the main plot point of the series. What, Italians are these savage, unsophisticated rubes they cant comprehend seeing one? Too unrealistic.

Also lot of the series was filler with 3, 4 good episodes per season. This is the truth guys.

You are kinda reaching

My mom is white, my old man is very upwardly mobile hispanic, both respect the concept of therapy but have never gone because its a generational thing

you dont go to the doctor unless your dying, you dont go to therapy unless you just got raped

no one wants to admit they are mentally unwell, i dated jews who didnt wanna go to therapy

its more of an attitude on health we all share in america, and probably as humans

Harry Powell

Semen is the aggression of a man
Eugene’s episode along with the Hesh story line just showed how big of a piece of shit Tony had become. The audience didn’t care about killing people or him fucking every woman that moved so they really had to find a way to make him a piece of garbage, like Walter White. Can’t have bad men being too lovable.
I don’t think Tony knew Eugene was gonna kill himself but even still there are way worse things Tony has done than not let a fellow murderous piece of shit get a happy ending out of the lifestyle.

SensibleKeks

Meadow always bought the story that blacks killed Jackie Jr. During Jackie's funeral, his sister rightfully predicted that his involvement in the Italian mafia got him killed. Meadow jumped in to defend her father and Italian mafia making excuses for them. While Meadow is smart enough that she should realize her father's involvement, she in complete denial because she doesn't want to think of her father as a killer.

Meadow first revealed Vito being gay to Carmella, then Carmella forced her to reveal it to Tony when he just happened to walk by. She had no idea that revealing Vito's secret would get him killed.

Mc.Faggot

crumbum
Meadow always bought the story that blacks killed Jackie Jr. During Jackie's funeral, his sister rightfully predicted that his involvement in the Italian mafia got him killed. Meadow jumped in to defend her father and Italian mafia making excuses for them. While Meadow is smart enough that she should realize her father's involvement, she in complete denial because she doesn't want to think of her father as a killer.

Meadow first revealed Vito being gay to Carmella, then Carmella forced her to reveal it to Tony when he just happened to walk by. She had no idea that revealing Vito's secret would get him killed.

The toll was paid