The Road Warrior / Mad Max 2

Easily_Remembered

Danny Ross is a thin skinned bitch
Watching this Blu Ray again tonight ... it's amazing how well it holds up. I love Thunderdome as well, but it's pop music soundtrack dates it somewhat, whereas the RW's soundtrack by the non-Queen Brian May, with it's sparse instrumentation, sounds just as at home in 2021 as it did in 1981/1982.

No CGI. Mel at his best... and the backdrop of the film seems more and more timely as we go on. That Ford Falcon XB Coupe ... a thing of beauty!

What's your favorite Mel film? I gotta say, I don't think that I could ever get tired of RW, Signs, or Payback. And his directorial effort Apocalypto is an absolute masterpiece!

G

The Road Warrior is the best Mel as an actor film. Mad Max is fun too, even though it's low budget B fare. Got blown for the first time in high school with that movie playing in the background so it holds a special place in my heart. Apocalypto is an underrated masterpiece. The Passion of the Christ is the best film version of the crucifixion. It's the only cinematic portrayal of the events that accurately highlights the brutality of the execution and the frame-up job by the you know who's.

Easily_Remembered

Danny Ross is a thin skinned bitch
How does Maverick hold up? Haven't seen it since the 90s, but I remember it being really good.

I think that it holds up very well, personally. Only difficult bits are buying Jodie Foster as the hetero love interest lead, and some of the then-contemporary c&w songs on the soundtrack. Other than those very minor nitpicks, it's still a damn fine - and fun - movie.

alkiefuck2

don't call me scarface
i remember enjoying what women want, lethal weapon and the original mad max are my favs though