the pogues

DickShawNitrate

Fuck..Can you say Fuck
What's the fucking point? The Irish had an intricate part of today's society. But I come to add laddie. They were and are a proud people, would never be associated with the Patrick incel faggots. Would consider them queer, as it were.

NikkisCrustyGusset

I am the crispy white spot in your soul
Only good Irish band is Planxty, child. I can't help you
Sinead put out some great stuff, not just the Prince song, Mandinka was a cracking tune. Rory Gallagher, Phil Lynott and Thin Lizzy or Grandslam. Gary Moore. My Bloody Valentine. Wolfe Tones.
The Dubliners(before Ronnie Drew decided to do medleys!) and a shit load of Cranberries stuff, especially early work is tops. Dolores was a unique talent. Spoke like a pikey but sang like an angel.

Pogues used to do yearly Xmas gigs and they weren't half bad. One year Shane was in a wheelchair but he still pulled it off.

Definitely my favourite tune.

I genuinely can't stand the smug, punchable qualities U2 have but Achtung Baby and Zooropa are two fucking cracking good records.

NikkisCrustyGusset

I am the crispy white spot in your soul
U2 was a great band up until 2000. And no I’m not gay. Definitely a faggot tho.
My first ever proper gig when I was 13 was Popmart in 97 in Dublin, later that year I seen Oasis but was second night and Liam didn't sing so was Noel... I think I got lucky! Was great!
Masterplan is always going to be magnificent. But he did the other songs Liam usually did really great.

I genuinely love the Zoo Tv tour dvd in Australia, the albums, the remixes even, that Zooromancer mix of Salomè, man that's good... Then fuck it, Pop is a great album... And the Popmart tour was mental. They'd start out separating a line through the crowd with tuxedo bouncers and walk out, Bono with boxers robe on... That big arch and those screens... Then they would come out in a big motorised fucking discoball that drove up to a small stage in the middle of crowd and do the encore...
I mean MoFo is the last song you'd attribute to U2...

After that...when they went to do the whole soft, vanilla stadium rock thing... Nah...
All the promises of 'experimental, out there stuff' for No Line On the Horizon and the best song is the title track...
Boring. But the 360 Tour was great.

I get the whole Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience stuff but... They always are saying they are working on the next Achtung Baby.. But i havnt heard a The Fly , Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses or Ultraviolet or even One again... They always say experimental, or punk roots etc, and apparently there's a whole album done with dance music with Red One as a producer and a companion album to NLOTH called ' Songs of Ascent' but it seems that U2 want to give Prince a run for his money with a vault full of completed music, albums and projects.

If you like the AB lbum try find the cover album Q magazine did... Its amazing... Has like NIN covering Zoo Station, Garbage doing WGRYWH, Killers doing Ultraviolet, Depeche Mode doing So Cruel, and like Jack White is on it too.
They did a series of those discs where a classic album would be recreated by different bands. Some are really good.

Hell the writing in AB is so good even KMFDM's version of Mysterious Ways is awesome! 😂

Check this out

Aslan were a very tragic but interesting story. Genuinely great first album. About to make it big. Gets fucked up coz Christy the lead singer is on gear. Goes to shit. He does solo stuff etc. They get back in 1993 and release this

Their biggest hit... They still gig and their Vicar St live dvd and album STILL charts to this day... I met Christy about 3-4 times in the Ballymun flats before they were demolished. He was kicked out by his wife at the time... But anyway they ALMOST made it, and I think that This Is a really good song and they'd great stage presence and decent songs... But right at the crucial moment the legs were cut and they never ever got a big chance again.

No matter how mad or Muslim she gets I can't say I don't enjoy early Sinead. And she was beautiful too. Had such a severely fucked up childhood and then ruined her career... Of course a few years later people GOT what she meant and the catholic church paedo scandal was exposed.

but the next week on SNL Joe Pesci got riotous cheers saying he 'wanted to grab her by the... *Laugh*... Eyebrows and beat her face for speaking bad about the Pope...'

Riccardo Bosi

welcomes our new overlords
I like The Pogues in theory, but I couldn't bring myself to listen to them for an extended period. Way too Irish. At least good English bands don't act 'too English' or something.

Zeroman

Potential R* Screenshotter

I’ve always liked this tune. Doesn’t help that it was inserted into an episode of Sons Of Anarchy but it still rawks, brotherman.

but damn can he sing
Can he? I like his work, but I can match him note-for-note... & I'm definitely NOT a good singer, but he does sing with style & feeling.

It's a shame that now he wouldn't get through 'Round 1' of any 'idol'/'got talent' show, which is the main pipeline to mainstream success. The days of a slightly-older / kinda weird guy making success on talent alone are over. It's a shame.

I'm just old-enough to remember local bands, & local contests where it was rumoured A&R men would be in the back of the room

Sounds like you are a good singer, just drunk Irish ballads

you took this info and said this well renown singer is shit, when should be out there starting a band of your own

god bless
don't get me wrong, I respect him. I just think his awesomeness comes from something other than a technical singing ability. I'm a fan!

Torque’sHeadBump

(Voluntarily) torqued boomer
My first ever proper gig when I was 13 was Popmart in 97 in Dublin, later that year I seen Oasis but was second night and Liam didn't sing so was Noel... I think I got lucky! Was great!
Masterplan is always going to be magnificent. But he did the other songs Liam usually did really great.

I genuinely love the Zoo Tv tour dvd in Australia, the albums, the remixes even, that Zooromancer mix of Salomè, man that's good... Then fuck it, Pop is a great album... And the Popmart tour was mental. They'd start out separating a line through the crowd with tuxedo bouncers and walk out, Bono with boxers robe on... That big arch and those screens... Then they would come out in a big motorised fucking discoball that drove up to a small stage in the middle of crowd and do the encore...
I mean MoFo is the last song you'd attribute to U2...

After that...when they went to do the whole soft, vanilla stadium rock thing... Nah...
All the promises of 'experimental, out there stuff' for No Line On the Horizon and the best song is the title track...
Boring. But the 360 Tour was great.

I get the whole Songs of Innocence and Songs of Experience stuff but... They always are saying they are working on the next Achtung Baby.. But i havnt heard a The Fly , Whose Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses or Ultraviolet or even One again... They always say experimental, or punk roots etc, and apparently there's a whole album done with dance music with Red One as a producer and a companion album to NLOTH called ' Songs of Ascent' but it seems that U2 want to give Prince a run for his money with a vault full of completed music, albums and projects.

If you like the AB lbum try find the cover album Q magazine did... Its amazing... Has like NIN covering Zoo Station, Garbage doing WGRYWH, Killers doing Ultraviolet, Depeche Mode doing So Cruel, and like Jack White is on it too.
They did a series of those discs where a classic album would be recreated by different bands. Some are really good.

Hell the writing in AB is so good even KMFDM's version of Mysterious Ways is awesome! 😂

Check this out

Aslan were a very tragic but interesting story. Genuinely great first album. About to make it big. Gets fucked up coz Christy the lead singer is on gear. Goes to shit. He does solo stuff etc. They get back in 1993 and release this

Their biggest hit... They still gig and their Vicar St live dvd and album STILL charts to this day... I met Christy about 3-4 times in the Ballymun flats before they were demolished. He was kicked out by his wife at the time... But anyway they ALMOST made it, and I think that This Is a really good song and they'd great stage presence and decent songs... But right at the crucial moment the legs were cut and they never ever got a big chance again.

No matter how mad or Muslim she gets I can't say I don't enjoy early Sinead. And she was beautiful too. Had such a severely fucked up childhood and then ruined her career... Of course a few years later people GOT what she meant and the catholic church paedo scandal was exposed.

but the next week on SNL Joe Pesci got riotous cheers saying he 'wanted to grab her by the... *Laugh*... Eyebrows and beat her face for speaking bad about the Pope...'

Brother Joe finally made an account here